Well, I would have asked for a payed Version, but as we are informed too late, we can not do anything about it.
    03-23-16 04:49 AM
    I think Whatsapp's decision to discontinue support for BB devices has something to do with their new encryption protocol.
    04-05-16 10:59 AM
    Okay I did not know that fact. My son got a message at his iOS device inside WhatsApp that from now on, all messages are encrypted end to end. Which I still can't believe when it comes to Facebook and WhatsApp. Which again shows me, that BBM has its strengths but it is not spread in the wild often enough. The problem I see, is that most users even in companies are able to decide which device the company is buying for them. So my feelings tell me, that the market is driven by consumers but BlackBerry is not willing to listen to that market, at least in Germany.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-05-16 12:08 PM
    I think Whatsapp's decision to discontinue support for BB devices has something to do with their new encryption protocol.
    I don't think it is as that has been rolled out now... suggesting current versions of WA on BB10 should support this too.

Great info on that link....

"full end to end encryption for every message they send and every WhatsApp call they make when communicating with each other"

Big milestone for them...
    04-05-16 12:20 PM
    It's high time blacberry should run behind apps,if whatsapp goes many I know even I will have to switch as it has become a part of daily life. Very few r using BBM here in India as far as I know,atleast in my circle of friends nd business associates. Best option is to give switch option from BB 10 to BB android version. Else once we lose on it will be difficult to bring back

Posted via CB10
    04-05-16 10:43 PM
    For some reason both whatsapp and kik android versions on my passport don't send pics. I keep getting "retry". Is this an issue with android run time? Or permissions? I can receive pics and send contacts but can't send pics or vids... any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 01:16 AM
    I don't think it is as that has been rolled out now... suggesting current versions of WA on BB10 should support this too.

Great info on that link....

"full end to end encryption for every message they send and every WhatsApp call they make when communicating with each other"

Big milestone for them...
    Nope. They just upgraded the app, including BlackBerry 10 version to support end to end encryption.

My guess is that they are just putting a deadline on the support. We will get full support on the app until the end of the year, afterward, BlackBerry 10 whatsapp will just be removed

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 12:32 PM
    Could one hope at all that Blackberry's by the time this support ceases will simply handle Android apps better or is that equally unlikely?
    04-06-16 03:02 PM
    Just like Face10, can't a developer make an app to support Whatsapp ?

Posted via CB10
    Nemory is gonna do it. I'm really disappointed regarding the news though. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Priv in a couple of months even though I don't like Android. I'm gonna do it for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-16 03:05 PM
    Could one hope at all that Blackberry's by the time this support ceases will simply handle Android apps better or is that equally unlikely?
    It's already been officially stated by Blackberry that the Android Runtime will receive no further updates.
    04-06-16 03:49 PM
    So it's definitely means and official that on new year 2017 or the first month start on January 2017 that WhatsApp is useless than for all BlackBerry smartphones to install and communicate with other WhatsApp user on Native Software Program (BB10 OS)?

Bummer...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-16 09:27 PM
    For some reason both whatsapp and kik android versions on my passport don't send pics. I keep getting "retry". Is this an issue with android run time? Or permissions? I can receive pics and send contacts but can't send pics or vids... any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    Same here with Android WhatsApp. If that doesn't get fixed then I'm going to have to toss out my BlackBerry for a new Android phone. Thanks BlackBerry for the 1.5 years you served me lol.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 10:18 PM
    Same here with my and the android version. Can't send pics.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-16 10:00 AM
    WhatsApp support for BB10 will be discontinued-img_20160517_200129_edit_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-17-16 01:46 PM
    Upcoming Hypervisor update includes WhatsApp!

It's vastly improved. And psychic. Your message are sent even before you click send!

Can't wait. BB10 is best platform. I love BlackBerry. Go Chen go. Woo. Apple sucks, Android is virus.
    JeepBB likes this.
    05-17-16 04:32 PM
    Please elaborate...

BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition 
    05-17-16 04:37 PM
    I wonder if the next one will be Evernote. WhatsApp and Evernote have hung on to the BB10 platform far longer than any other more well known developers. When Evernote chooses to follow suit will be truly the day.
    Evernote hasn't been updated in such a long time. I'd say they've already fired the BB10 staff.
    05-17-16 10:47 PM
    I wish we could still use it after Dec 2016 (even though with no updates) but looks like that's not the case... the app won't work on BlackBerry 10 at all! I'm having a mental breakdown right now

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 04:30 AM
    Upcoming Hypervisor update includes WhatsApp!

It's vastly improved. And psychic. Your message are sent even before you click send!

Can't wait. BB10 is best platform. I love BlackBerry. Go Chen go. Woo. Apple sucks, Android is virus.
    Stop giving false hope.....

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 08:41 AM
    Stop giving false hope.....

Posted via CB10
    It's called trolling.
    Erik_1991 and Iggy City like this.
    05-18-16 08:50 AM
    It's called trolling.
    Or (obviously) irony

Via Pasta CB10
    JeepBB, Iggy City and LyoobaBerry like this.
    05-18-16 09:23 AM
    I will install the android version if mine stops working but I am definitely not updating it and haven't for a while so they can't install a kill switch. Also I have Cobalts sign in setup with Google ID and I can kill all the Android apps in Android Settlings from running in the background without my explicit consent. This saves processor and battery and I do notice the difference.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 08:05 PM
    I can't understand their decision to stop charging that 1 dolar per year and then screw us. It's like we're paying for other people's fees.
    First I wouldn't pay much attention to the news cause I thought it would be something like when they announced that Facebook would stop working. It didn't. At least not right away, and even if it did, we have some alternatives. But after people started saying that after December 2016 the program wouldn't even connect to the server, I started worrying.
    You could say that I can use the android version, but truth is that i've tried to install it and it wouln't go past the looking for backup screen. Even if I can get it to work, loosing the hub integration is a major blow, it was (is, for now) very cool beeing able to reply to a message without even having to open the app. I don't want to pay ~ $400 for a new phone.
    Even if I do get a new phone, I'm a bit dissapointed at whatsapp, maybe I prefer trying to convince people to use BBM/Telegram over using whatsapp again. They sure as hell don't care about me, but if I have the option, why would I care about them?
    JulesDB and The_Passporter like this.
    05-18-16 09:58 PM
    Will we still be able to use the android version on bb10?

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 10:07 PM
    Will we still be able to use the android version on bb10?

Posted via CB10
    As long as WhatsApp supports Android 4.3 the Android version should still work in BB10.

Join me on BBM!
    05-18-16 10:45 PM
405 ... 1112131415 ...