End of support means the app will be retracted from bb world. Who cares , you can use snap to install it from Google play
    03-10-16 04:25 PM
    End of support means the app will be retracted from bb world. Who cares , you can use snap to install it from Google play
    It's just more evidence that BlackBerry is on its last legs. And since they aren't doing any major updates to the Android runtime, the apps may not work completely.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    03-10-16 06:30 PM
    LoL if that was true 90% of the apps would be gone from BlackBerry World.

And 99% of BlackBerry apps would be gone.

They can leave it and not support it.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 06:35 PM
    LoL if that was true 90% of the apps would be gone from BlackBerry World.

And 99% of BlackBerry apps would be gone.

They can leave it and not support it.

Posted via CB10
    Partially true, but in this case, not so true. Sadly WhatsApp suggested to users that they buy Android or iOS devices that will continue to have total support, which includes servers etc...

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 08:48 PM
    Well, the competition was a free for all, so Nemory Studios could have simply joined it.
    That is true... I guess no one sees Telegram as a profitable / viable market to develop for in the BB10 planet.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-11-16 03:48 AM
    I understand the move for older BB OS .. but for BB10!!! thats the downfall of whatsapp forever
    03-11-16 04:48 AM
    I understand the move for older BB OS .. but for BB10!!! thats the downfall of whatsapp forever
    No, you have that backward. It's the downfall of BB10.
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-11-16 07:04 AM
    I'm happy with my Priv but my wife still has a Classic so when she finds out about this whatsapp news it will be the BlackBerry deal breaker for her.
    In the UK there is heavy whatsapp use so this will be very bad for the last BlackBerry users left over.
    We have already had to suffer not having a barclays bank app on bb10 (the most popular bank), no BMW connected drive app (a popular car brand over here) and no santander bike app (the London bike share app). None of these could be sideloaded. Now whatsapp.
    Apps are important BlackBerry !

Posted via Priv
    Barbareren likes this.
    03-11-16 08:13 AM
    Here's a solution - a web-based service that forwards messages from WhatsApp accounts to BBM and vice versa. KickStarter anyone?
    I actually LOVE this idea!
    Is it doable at all?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 08:28 AM
    No, you have that backward. It's the downfall of BB10.
    Does it mean that WhatsApp will work on older BlackBerry devices?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 08:30 AM
    Is it doable at all?

Posted via CB10
    No.

Does it mean that WhatsApp will work on older BlackBerry devices?

Posted via CB10
    No.

Via Pasta CB10
    03-11-16 08:39 AM
    Is it doable at all?
    So you'd need WA and BB to both give you access to route message to/from their networks. So that's a big challenge.

You'd also need the global "encryption" key for BBM messages. That key would give you access to all BBM messages which aren't going through a BES server. I doubt BB would like to share that!
    03-11-16 09:51 AM
    Idk. A part of me feels like some people behind the scenes are trying to squeeze Blackberry out of the smartphone space with major apps. Then again a year is a lot of time for things to change. Its a watch and see situation. Either way the android version is an option nonetheless.
    03-11-16 03:19 PM
    First time I've seriously considered getting the priv
    03-11-16 04:22 PM
    Idk. A part of me feels like some people behind the scenes are trying to squeeze Blackberry out of the smartphone space with major apps. Then again a year is a lot of time for things to change. Its a watch and see situation. Either way the android version is an option nonetheless.
    LoL I have heard some conspiracy theories around here but come on.

BlackBerry did this to themselves.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-11-16 04:35 PM
    Best solution to all the blackberry lovers on one side and for whiners and moaners on the other end is to keep a blackberry and own some cheap Chinese phone for what's crap craving!!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-16 06:01 PM
    Best solution to all the blackberry lovers on one side and for whiners and moaners on the other end is to keep a blackberry and own some cheap Chinese phone for what's crap craving!!
    Actually, I think you'll find that all the "whiners and moaners" are on the BB10 lovers side these days. They're the ones in denial over BB's intentions.

I don't see many whiners in the group who have understood where BB is heading, though I do see a lot of abuse and insults hurled at them from the BB10 lovers for deciding their best interests now lie with Android, iOS or something else.

It's a phone. Acceptance is that way ->
    03-12-16 04:08 AM
    I've been a BB owner and lover for many years, and my wife also. Three months ago I moved from a Classic to a Priv and my wife from a Z10 also to a Priv. We both loved our Classic and the Z10 but we now think that the Priv hardware combined with the Android OS makes the BB Priv the best smartphone on the market It is so superior to any iPhone device.
    Apple's iOS has been great, they were first on the market, but Android is now so far ahead of iOS and has already become the leading smartphone OS worldwide. iOS is now a steam engine by comparison.
    BB realised this when they made the decision to develop the Priv with an Android OS, not BB10. All BB lovers should read the tea leaves as to where BB is going in the future. It is quite clear to me that Android is the direction that BB is taking. There are many discussions in these and other Forums about this, and the general feeling is that whilst BB say they will continue to support BB10, BB's future developments will be in the Android arena.
    And WhatsApp have realised that and hence their decision to drop work on their BB10 app (along with others).
    So what does that mean for BB10 owners? No need to panic! As has been pointed out above, they will be able to load the WhatsApp Android app on their BB10 devices. It works perfectly.
    What it really means, however, is that anyone thinking of buying a new BB device, should look forward to the BB Android device(s) and not back at BB10 devices.
    So BB10 owners, no need to whinge and grumble at WhatsApp's recent decision to drop BB10 app development, just look at the (Android) direction that BB is taking when you next come to replace your BB10.
    Gallofa likes this.
    03-12-16 05:24 AM
    FYI - seems that WhatsApp has been updated again (last update was 3/9) and now again showing 3/14 within Beta Zone.

Version appears to be 2.12.462.2

Size is 21.1 MB and contains "Miscellaneous fixes and updates"
    tollfeeder likes this.
    03-15-16 02:48 PM
    FYI - seems that WhatsApp has been updated again (last update was 3/9) and now again showing 3/14 within Beta Zone.

Version appears to be 2.12.462.2

Size is 21.1 MB and contains "Miscellaneous fixes and updates"
    Let me guess... browser based interface ?

Posted via CB10
    shabbs likes this.
    03-15-16 06:44 PM
    What people? What scenes? Why?

BlackBerry doesn't pose a threat to anyone in the mobile market because they have become almost irrelevant.

WhatsApp would be more than happy to continue offering a BB10 version if it would be beneficial to them, but with such a small user base, it probably just doesn't pay off. A paid version could be an option, but I still doubt that it would change much.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and StephanieMaks like this.
    03-16-16 09:35 AM
    I know for a fact there are some apps that had behind the scenes "exclusivity" agreement with Google. Agreement that was not on paper and ink but based on free stuff they were enjoying from Google as long as they didn't develop on nothing but Android or Android and iOS. That was back in 2012-13 and I was aware of few such instances. And those were some middle of the road apps and games that you probably never heard of or used. So at some point Google did care even about their mediocre apps not to show up on third place competitors platform.

Today I'm sure that is not the case anymore and there are no such practices. Or they are not as widespread.
    03-16-16 11:00 AM
    What about adding Threema as an native app? Could also be implemented in BBM, or?
    This from their web page:
    "Open Message API - Threema Gateway allows you to encrypt, send, receive and decrypt messages directly in your own applications. Threema's Message API supports end-to-end encryption right from the source to the recipient. The software is freely available with an open source license."
    idhbar likes this.
    03-19-16 07:55 AM
    well i guess i am too late for this post,
    how about Whatsapp charge us for BB10 users to continue support it?
    i am willing to pay if the price is reasonable.
    03-23-16 04:07 AM
    well i guess i am too late for this post,
    how about Whatsapp charge us for BB10 users to continue support it?
    i am willing to pay if the price is reasonable.
    Which it won't be.
    03-23-16 04:21 AM
405 ... 1011121314 ...