Looks like BlackBerry is making a stand for us. Now that's a surprise, maybe we will get an updated FB app also. One thing is for sure if they want to satisfy the masses they need to make bbm better so that others will want to use it. My group tried BBM but it was lacking some features that whatsapp had. I don't remember at the moment what they were but one thing that I like on whatsapp is that when our group shares multiple pictures you don't have to open and close each one to view in full screen. On whatsapp you can open one and keep swiping to the left or right to see adjacent photos.
    This should be interesting to see what develops as a result of this

http://dlvr.it/Kghf35

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 09:44 AM
    Actively exploring is business speak for "we are going to have some meetings to talk about this and whether we can do anything."

I would rather have a Twitter app that works properly.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 09:57 AM
    How good whatsapp is? Even can't sent PDF!

Using phone number is too risky.

Blackberry Messanger are the best for sure!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 10:33 AM
    https://blog.whatsapp.com/

Well, we will still have the opportunity to run the Android version of WhatsApp. Just so everyone knows...
    So, whats the point of using the Android version??? Just horrible, probably slower and a battery drainer..... Sad... Hopefully they will reconsider as ironically, BB10 is basically the most recent OS of the ones listed as "supported" , being released just in 2013. Yes, I know, even BlackBerry is not supporting it properly from a developer point of view . . . . Hopefully this might change.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-03-16 10:49 AM
    Don't use the native telegram ports. They suck. Telegram held a competition for the best native BlackBerry App and they got nothing out of it. The android version works very well.

It's funny to see this "if they don't support bb10 devices, then I'm leaving the service" reaction. By the end of 2017, BB10 will be on par with BB OS7, you'll be able to use the browser and make phone calls.

App devs are telling you to drop the platform, friends are laughing at you, blackberry made it clear you should switch to Android (aside for making an official statement, which they won't). What more do you want?

And what are these delusions about porting whatsapp to bbm or switching friends to bbm. THE INVENTOR of BBM was fired, cross-platform compatibility was never on par with other services, and their stickers cost money.

Just, move on and forget about BlackBerry.
    All current native BB10 Telegram clients are just a piece of crap. Pure and simple. They should have just given the USD 50k to a reputable BB10 developer, like Nemory Studios. I guarantee he would have done a terrific job..... Sad sad sad

03-03-16 10:52 AM
    How good whatsapp is? Even can't sent PDF!

Using phone number is too risky.

Blackberry Messanger are the best for sure!

Posted via CB10
    Actually you can send a PDF...
    I use both, WhatsApp is better
    Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 11:05 AM
    Actually you can send a PDF...
    I use both, WhatsApp is better
    Posted via CB10
    Curious how you do so on BB10 without having to rename file extension to the like of an image file.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 12:59 PM
    Curious how you do so on BB10 without having to rename file extension to the like of an image file.

Posted via CB10
    There is no need to rename anything - just open WhatsApp, select your Contact/Chat/Group and select 'Send Document' (at least in the latest beta).

Via Pasta CB10
    03-03-16 01:15 PM
    There is no need to rename anything - just open WhatsApp, select your Contact/Chat/Group and select 'Send Document' (at least in the latest beta).

Via Pasta CB10
    Oh, I didn't even realize they had added it. Wasn't there a couple of iterations back.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 02:04 PM

Via Pasta CB10
    You can sent PDFs also with the normal version.
    If people complain about WA they should at least get it right.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 02:06 PM
    You can sent PDFs also with the normal version.
    If people complain about WA they should at least get it right.

Posted via CB10
    I wasn't complaining, I was asking. Relax.

Posted via CB10
    tollfeeder likes this.
    03-03-16 02:19 PM
    I wasn't complaining, I was asking. Relax.

Posted via CB10
    Ehm...with people complaining about WA I did not mean you but the guy you were answering to.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 02:30 PM
    Ehm...with people complaining about WA I did not mean you but the guy you were answering to.

Posted via CB10
    Me, by any chance? Wasn't complaining either

Via Pasta CB10
    03-03-16 02:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Ah, my fault then. It's just you had quoted his response to me so naturally the assumption.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 03:00 PM
    Me, by any chance? Wasn't complaining either

Via Pasta CB10
    Hahaha...yes you weren't.

Sorry...but I guess I was lost in forum post. My bad ;-)

All started with this guy complaining about WA not even being able to sent PDFs.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 03:10 PM
    Blackberry officially confirmed exploring Whatsapp alternatives!

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/03...sapp-for-bb10/
    03-03-16 07:44 PM
    Look like new fitur, there is available PDF file on whatsapp if you updated on latest version.

Whatsapp can't sent PDF file before that.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 09:36 PM
    They should have just given the USD 50k to a reputable BB10 developer, like Nemory Studios. I guarantee he would have done a terrific job.....
    There was a time where people would seriously disagree with that statement.

Anyway, what kind of OS would have the lion's share of their communication apps left up to literally one guy? Instagram, Twitter (or is that one dead?), Facebook, Whatsapp...
    03-03-16 11:13 PM
    WhatsApp does it's primary job so well that it is globally accepted well... is already on top usage (by number of active members)

They made it too simple to use, light on phone resources, lots of smiley / icons and capable of sharing contacts and media sharing. Sending PDFs is not primary or too crucial for many, so it was not focused by WhatsApp until now, and now they have already included this feature in recent updates.
    03-04-16 12:50 AM
    Blackberry officially confirmed exploring Whatsapp alternatives!

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/03...sapp-for-bb10/
    I saw this on their twitter account. Although I don't see how they can have alternatives, it's reassuring to see them pretend they're trying.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 04:06 AM
    All current native BB10 Telegram clients are just a piece of crap. Pure and simple. They should have just given the USD 50k to a reputable BB10 developer, like Nemory Studios. I guarantee he would have done a terrific job..... Sad sad sad

Well, the competition was a free for all, so Nemory Studios could have simply joined it.
    03-04-16 05:11 AM
    WhatsApp does it's primary job so well that it is globally accepted well... is already on top usage (by number of active members)

They made it too simple to use, light on phone resources, lots of smiley / icons and capable of sharing contacts and media sharing. Sending PDFs is not primary or too crucial for many, so it was not focused by WhatsApp until now, and now they have already included this feature in recent updates.
    Agreed. They stuck to the core pieces that people wanted - quick, easy, light, simple. Great support for group chats and in-line images/media etc... with BBM at that time, pics with group chats were in a separate area. It was annoying to have to jump around. They finally brought in-line images to BBM Group chats later, but far too late.

I still love BBM and feel it is a "better" platform in general, but the majority of my contacts use WhatsApp... it is what it is. You go where your friends are.
    ubizmo likes this.
    03-04-16 07:31 AM
    This shows our priority and how heavily we rely on just one app that I find many users willing to switch to android. I'm a new BB10 user and recently bought my BlackBerry Passport. Tbh the best OS Iev tried after Sailfish and Maemo. The apps by devs are amazing and has many extended features unlike android. I find the possibility that many devs might try to build a whatsapp client for BB10 and I'd be glad to buy it as well. But just to get a new phone for an app, not a wise decision. I stick to BlackBerry for a couple of years more. :-)

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 08:58 AM
    BBM lacks many features that Whatsapp has and the main issue with BBM that it is not linked to your number which makes a lot of people not download it or use it whereas Whatsapp, Telegram, imo and others are linked to your number as is text messaging. In this side of the world, Whatsapp messages are even used officially by government entities to send official letters and one can be prosecuted or sued for their Whatsapp messages which also can be used as evidence or proof. The same isn't true for BBM as for most of the time, you don't even know who really is on the other side and you can use BBM with a fake email account whereas Whatsapp and others are linked to a number that is registered to a real person or entity with a real address and some sort of ID.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 09:05 AM
    BBM lacks many features that Whatsapp has and the main issue with BBM that it is not linked to your number which makes a lot of people not download it or use it whereas Whatsapp, Telegram, imo and others are linked to your number as is text messaging. In this side of the world, Whatsapp messages are even used officially by government entities to send official letters and one can be prosecuted or sued for their Whatsapp messages which also can be used as evidence or proof. The same isn't true for BBM as for most of the time, you don't even know who really is on the other side and you can use BBM with a fake email account whereas Whatsapp and others are linked to a number that is registered to a real person or entity with a real address and some sort of ID.

Posted via CB10
    I am happy with BBM as it does not allow any person to send me unpleasant msg at least one time until I accept his invitation. Any msg can be forwarded to anyone in WA which is not suitable for official letter. After removing the sim, if you know the authentication code (after inserting it into another set) you can still access your account in WA. This is not a good sign of security.

03-04-16 10:20 AM
405 ... 89101112 ...