I really appreciate the solidity, stability and security of OS10. It is practically inmune to virus or hackings that affects the most of devices in the market.
    Also, there are thousands of Mess Apps in the market out there today, including the best of all that is BlackBerry Messenger that as is known has lot of amenities that others doesn't.
    If there is just one company that doesn't want to keep doing business with the best OS in the world, it is fine for them. It will not change the fact that OS10 is the best OS, not necessarily the most preferred. Actually, I think that this news are being overvalued.
    We all that keep using OS10 despite the detractors, we all know that is a matter about quality, not about quantity. Besides, OS10 also runs most of android apps.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 07:00 AM
    This is such a sad message

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 07:01 AM
    If whatsapp stop working on blackberry 10 I will stop supporting and buying any blackberry device because I just buy black berry classic before 3 months if blackberry don't want to support their customer am done no more BlackBerry devices because they should do something for us not fear and by the way I did try th android version of whatsapp it don't work
    You do know that whatsapp isn't a BlackBerry app right? It's own by Facebook

Posted via CB10
    hplovecraft likes this.
    03-01-16 08:38 AM
    BlackBerry is finished. WhatsApp is the leading messaging app and without it you lose a major function of the phone. I've had every BlackBerry under the sun and is I really don't want to go move to android or apple, but going to be left with little choice. I imagine it will be the same for a number of users. It's such a shame as the bb10 is a fantastic interface.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 09:25 AM
    On a somewhat related note, I have ended all support for all versions of Whatsapp. This takes effect immediately.

Of course technically I never used it anyway.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-01-16 09:56 AM
    Rubbish. John Chen didn't kill BB10

Posted via CB10
    John Chen wants us all to switch to Priv.
    Why else would he (except for the promise of security updates, etc) all but abandon BB10?
    I'll use my BB10 devices until they no longer do what I need them to do and then I'll never buy another BlackBerry device.
    Already had the big let down with PlayBook and now this.
    BlackBerry don't deserve loyalty, and it saddens me to say that.

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2836
    RA-HA likes this.
    03-01-16 10:11 AM
    Why else would he (except for the promise of security updates, etc) all but abandon BB10?
    Because BB10 was never profitable, even before he took over.
    JeepBB, GadgetTravel and johnnyuk like this.
    03-01-16 02:26 PM
    In the mean while, in Indonesia it would be Whatsapp that would be begging to remain relevant. "BlackBerry winning in Indonesia"
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...164719368.html
    03-01-16 04:13 PM
    In the mean while, in Indonesia it would be Whatsapp that would be begging to remain relevant. "BlackBerry winning in Indonesia"
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/blackb...164719368.html
    LOL. More like the other way around.
    03-01-16 05:32 PM
    I'm wondering if @ BlackBerry they have read that whatsapp' blog entry for what it is:

A dramatic (for BlackBerry) advertising to abandon the listed devices to turn buying the others.

Which in terms of users and usability and habits (in the eventuality that really it won't work anymore neither in the android version) will see the majority of BlackBerry owners to be obliged to abandon their BlackBerry.

Which means the disappear of a brand (BlackBerry) from the smartphone market. Maybe @ BlackBerry they already have focused on others core business tho.

So you'll have your replies soon, since the rumor alone will dramatically damage the BlackBerry devices market.

Let's see. If they have interest in the smartphone market, some counter actions will be taken A.S.A.P. otherwise you have the confirmation of what I publish form ages now: BlackBerry want to sink (also because they have not been able to fight against whatsapp when it appeared : it was an obvious copy under the patent pending perspective of the BlackBerry Messenger and they also have not been able to understand what was going on with whatsapp about its spreading and to take the more obvious countermeasure to make it free and multiplatform earlier)

Let's see

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 12:26 AM
    Parallel Petition Started on Change.org -> https://www.change.org/p/support-wha...-blackberry-10
    03-02-16 02:27 AM
    Just downloaded BlackBerry 10 client for Telegram, in case WhatsApp stops working next year

Posted via CB10
    03-02-16 03:17 AM
    Telegram work as Whatsapp ... Someone should open a request to make a BlackBerry 10 Native client and supported by the company.
    03-02-16 04:35 AM
    Parallel Petition Started on Change.org -> https://www.change.org/p/support-wha...-blackberry-10
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/n...-blackberry-10
    03-02-16 06:53 AM
    Where is the article on this? As many have noted, this is a pretty big death knell for BB10 as, like it or not, Whats App is pretty much the go to communication tool in the West. No Native support is going to kill sales of existing or new devices. I feel like everyone knows BB10 is being discontinued but that it is being kept from users. Or I am just real paranoid. Which is possibly true - I think a squirrel followed me to work today.
    03-02-16 08:21 AM
    For those who have no GPS but want to try the Android version: https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    03-02-16 08:22 AM
    In Middle East, where I live, Whatsapp is so mainstream that it's text messaging and now calling also and soon video calling! If a phone doesn't have Whatsapp, most probably no one will buy! This is really sad because all BB10 users here or most will switch purely for this!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9158709) likes this.
    03-02-16 10:40 AM
    Blackberry Twitter:
    1/2 @WhatsApp on #BB10 & BBOS til end of 2016. We are working on other options.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-03-16 02:53 AM
    Blackberry Twitter:
    1/2 @WhatsApp on #BB10 & BBOS til end of 2016. We are working on other options.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    I don't get this one?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 03:12 AM
    Maybe they're considering other popular IMs like Telegram. I mean here in Middle East, almost everybody who has Whatsapp has Telegram and also IMO. Actually I used Telegram a lot and for business we want to setup in Iran after lifting off the sanctions. It's fresh and got cross platform that went viral quickly here. It's also fast and reliable and has many features not found in Whatsapp like hiding number, sending documents and Telegram Channels which many businesses are using to advertise their products and there no ads in the Channels like BBM.

This is what I wrote about it in another thread:

"While there's really no real alternative to WhatsApp as it's the only IM that got so popular worldwide and in fact probably single-handedly replaced text messaging and perhaps cellular calling also soon and next up video calls, 4 months ago or so a friend sent me an invite to a new IM app which is called "Telegram" and I fortunately downloaded it and found out about 75% of my contacts were already in it. Like WhatsApp, Telegram is very popular here in Middle East and got a lot of traction lately and it provides almost the same features in messaging, sending video, photos and documents and group chats as WhatsApp. Moreover, in Telegram, for added security you can hide your number should you wish subscribe to Channels like in BBM which is very nice and the Channels actually are more active and are updated daily even hourly and there are many many of them. If anything can replace WhatsApp, it is Telegram!

The point I'm making here is that since WhatsApp is not going to support BB10 or just take out WhatsApp from BBW, why not just move to Telegram and give it a try as I'm sure many of your contacts are there already and you won't feel left out, you know what I mean haha. Sadly, there's no native "Telegram" app in BBW but there's a client for it:

Check out IM for Telegram in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59951054

Also, you can download Telegram Android app from 1 mobile market:

I found "Telegram" on 1Mobile http://www.1mobile.com/redirect/org.telegram.messenger

Or from other places

Telegram also has a support feed in Twitter in case anyone faces issues @smstelegram

Just trying to help and I don't work for Telegram"

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 03:43 AM
    The Telegram apps available in BBW is not official.

03-03-16 03:56 AM
    Don't use the native telegram ports. They suck. Telegram held a competition for the best native BlackBerry App and they got nothing out of it. The android version works very well.

It's funny to see this "if they don't support bb10 devices, then I'm leaving the service" reaction. By the end of 2017, BB10 will be on par with BB OS7, you'll be able to use the browser and make phone calls.

App devs are telling you to drop the platform, friends are laughing at you, blackberry made it clear you should switch to Android (aside for making an official statement, which they won't). What more do you want?

And what are these delusions about porting whatsapp to bbm or switching friends to bbm. THE INVENTOR of BBM was fired, cross-platform compatibility was never on par with other services, and their stickers cost money.

Just, move on and forget about BlackBerry.
    03-03-16 04:25 AM
    Another online petition https://www.change.org/p/support-wha...-blackberry-10

BlackBerry OS10 � It ain't over until it's over! White Passport...
    03-03-16 05:17 AM
    To me, this seems just the beginning of all the App developers announcing what WhatsApp did. Because, as RIM / BlackBerry is going to stop support to BB 10, that will stop handling the App co-ordination with all the App developers... isn't it?

I shall expect hearing more such announcements & news from other app developers in coming months.

Or am I wrong thinking this?
    03-03-16 05:52 AM
    Guys, really? I mean, think for a sec. I've been using the Telegram client from Android on a Q10 and it works. The only difference you may see using the Whatsapp client from Android is that you won't see the messages directly on the Hub! (I've tested it and works fine).

Don't push people to use BBM/Telegram/Whatsoever, it's futile. And if you really want to buy a new phone, do it, but remember that you can emulate Android on BB10, so this isn't a reason to discard a phone that works.

I don't understand what's the great matter in here...
    03-03-16 09:36 AM
405 ... 7891011 ...