Because:
    1. Phones are extremely expensive, although most of them are just damn screens with a frame.
    Yup. Not like they're tightly engineered pieces of electronic equipment, stuffed with state-of-the-art microchips, sensors, and photographic components. They're just high-density multi-touch LED displays slapped onto cheap cases.
    Last edited by Elephant_Canyon; 02-29-16 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Emoji fail
    02-29-16 06:44 AM
    Yup. Not like they're tightly engineered pieces of electronic equipment
    Yup. All from Qualcomm, maybe slightly altered, with a screen put on top.
    02-29-16 08:06 AM
    Bb10 is dead

Posted via CB10
    And so are u to us bb10 users.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 10:07 AM
    First they came for the Facebook, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not on Facebook.

Then they came for Snapchat, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not on Snapchat.

Then they came for WhatsApp, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not on WhatsApp.

Then they came for BB10 — and there was no one left to speak for BB10.

Seriously, by the time BlackBerry discontinues support for BB10, most people on CrackBerry will have switched already so the complaints will be limited to one discussion thread.
    Last edited by early2bed; 02-29-16 at 11:12 AM.
    02-29-16 10:13 AM
    The problem is the optics of this with public and media is that even though the native app and Android app will probably still work in 2017, people will see it as the world's most popular messaging system dropping support for messaging centric BlackBerry. This will hurt both BlackBerry 10 and Priv sales as people will think it's a wholesale dumping of BlackBerry and they can't use WhatsApp on anything BlackBerry in the future. BlackBerry PR needs to make a statement or respond to this for damage control. Also it should be viewed as a slap in the face by both users and BlackBerry that BB10 is being lumped in with Symbian and Windows 7.1 which have been EOL'ed for years. This really hurts BlackBerry's efforts to convince the public that they are "still committed to BB10 ".
    ubizmo, sid89 and idhbar like this.
    02-29-16 11:39 AM
    The problem is the optics of this with public and media is that even though the native app and Android app will probably still work in 2017, people will see it as the world's most popular messaging system dropping support for messaging centric BlackBerry. This will hurt both BlackBerry 10 and Priv sales as people will think it's a wholesale dumping of BlackBerry and they can't use WhatsApp on anything BlackBerry in the future.
    Well said. The public's perception of BlackBerry is already pretty negative. It can't really afford another ding.
    02-29-16 11:43 AM
    The problem is the optics of this with public and media is that even though the native app and Android app will probably still work in 2017, people will see it as the world's most popular messaging system dropping support for messaging centric BlackBerry. This will hurt both BlackBerry 10 and Priv sales as people will think it's a wholesale dumping of BlackBerry and they can't use WhatsApp on anything BlackBerry in the future. BlackBerry PR needs to make a statement or respond to this for damage control. Also it should be viewed as a slap in the face by both users and BlackBerry that BB10 is being lumped in with Symbian and Windows 7.1 which have been EOL'ed for years. This really hurts BlackBerry's efforts to convince the public that they are "still committed to BB10 ".
    Yes!! I agree with your very valid points which in a way gives a clarity to public and upkeeps the dignity of BlackBerry fans if PR of BlackBerry comes out with a statement on this issue and not to compare the glorious and relatively new OS with EOL windows and symbian os es. It's definitely not fair and acceptable to allow what's app make ridiculed biased statement in media targeting blackberry. Wake up BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 12:02 PM
    Dont use whatsapp, never have so no biggie for me

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    02-29-16 12:07 PM
    Well, if WhatsApp stops working, I'll use good ol'fashioned text messages, and if those stop working, I'll use my BBerry as a... *gasp* ...phone.
    02-29-16 01:02 PM
    Google is pushing for "sms 2.0" rich format texting. It's gonna be the end of most messaging apps that use telephone numbers for identification.

The whole username and PIN and unique identifiers are gonna come back for those looking for secure or discreet or "controlled" messaging.

BBM will be fighting for a neiche sooner than you think.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 01:10 PM
    It's definitely not fair and acceptable to allow what's app make ridiculed biased statement in media targeting blackberry.
    Which is not what WhatsApp did. Also, "fair" and "acceptable" do not enter into the equation in any way here.
    02-29-16 02:43 PM
    It has blown up to a big deal in the media.

There is even an article the Globe and Mail. Article implies Whatsapp will stop working on all BlackBerry devices in 2017 and unclear with the impact to the Priv. Both Whatsapp and BlackBerry have not responded yet to queries.

This is bad message to be going out. I hope there is a blog or press release from BlackBerry. The media focuses on WhatsApp dropping support for BlackBerry in the headlines, nobody cares about Nokia and Windows Phone 7.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/techn...click=sf_globe

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 03:41 PM
    This is the worst. I know a lot of you guys here push BBM, but Whatsapp is the App I use the most (on a ridiculous level) and hands down the rest of the world too.
    Whatever someone is saying,BB10 losing Whatsapp is a major issue.
    Some will now say I told you so, BB10 is dead. But I would have been ok with those two OS updates this year as I am planning to use my Z30 until it dies on me. But not having Whatsapp (native) will drive me to a new OS even though I'm not interested one bit in Android, leave alone iOS. Who even knows how the android app will run on my Z30 for me. Is there even a Hub integration? I'm not talking about the notifications like it is with Viber

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 03:56 PM
    So that BlackBerry users get time to switch...

They'll switch to Samsung, thanx to Priv's price...

Posted via CB10
    macnifico likes this.
    02-29-16 05:24 PM
    They'll switch to Samsung, thanx to Priv's price...

Posted via CB10
    And the fact that no-one wants a huge slider slate in the modern world, way too big, expensive and has a uncertain future

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 05:53 PM
    Google is pushing for "sms 2.0" rich format texting. It's gonna be the end of most messaging apps that use telephone numbers for identification.

The whole username and PIN and unique identifiers are gonna come back for those looking for secure or discreet or "controlled" messaging.

BBM will be fighting for a neiche sooner than you think.

Posted via CB10
    Sounds remarkably like what Jim Balsillie was proposing to the board when he was still Co-CEO. I wonder where BlackBerry would be now if that went ahead. He wanted to replace SMS with BBM at the phone companies. Anyways... if Google had it's way does that make WhatsApp a relic? If so sweet sweet redemption!

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-29-16 07:56 PM
    Now it's an article on Cp24.com as well as globeandmail.com

Here's the cp24 link which says a WhatsApp spokesman confirms Priv will still have WhatsApp.

http://www.cp24.com/mobile/lifestyle...year-1.2797968

No response yet by BlackBerry. I hope they respond to this and not stay silent. Media focuses on BlackBerry and nobody cares about the other platforms.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 08:01 PM
    This is the worst. I know a lot of you guys here push BBM, but Whatsapp is the App I use the most (on a ridiculous level) and hands down the rest of the world too.
    Whatever someone is saying,BB10 losing Whatsapp is a major issue.
    Some will now say I told you so, BB10 is dead. But I would have been ok with those two OS updates this year as I am planning to use my Z30 until it dies on me. But not having Whatsapp (native) will drive me to a new OS even though I'm not interested one bit in Android, leave alone iOS. Who even knows how the android app will run on my Z30 for me. Is there even a Hub integration? I'm not talking about the notifications like it is with Viber

Posted via CB10
    It's another nail in the coffin for bb10 for sure. Although I never use it, Whatsapp is big in many countries. Hate to see it all but it's not a surprise. My next phone will be Android, Priv or S7. Probably by spring. Will miss my Z30!!

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    02-29-16 09:12 PM
    There is a new update for Whatsapp in the BlackBerry Beta Zone...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 12:18 AM
    CHENOCIDE! Successfully killing our beloved BB10...

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2836
    03-01-16 12:37 AM
    There is a new update for Whatsapp in the BlackBerry Beta Zone...

Posted via CB10
    Probably the update that tells it to no longer work as of 2017.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.2.2789 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.6.28
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-01-16 01:20 AM
    CHENOCIDE! Successfully killing our beloved BB10...

From my Z30 STA100-2 on OS 10.3.2.2836
    Rubbish. John Chen didn't kill BB10

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 01:53 AM
    Glad to read about that WA finally getting out of my way, this WA is kidy crap and waste of time anyway.
    And yep much appreciate that this FB Zuckerboy don't bother pestering BlackBerry anymore.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    03-01-16 04:06 AM
    If whatsapp stop working on blackberry 10 I will stop supporting and buying any blackberry device because I just buy black berry classic before 3 months if blackberry don't want to support their customer am done no more BlackBerry devices because they should do something for us not fear and by the way I did try th android version of whatsapp it don't work
    03-01-16 06:21 AM
    Glad to read about that WA finally getting out of my way, this WA is kidy crap and waste of time anyway.
    And yep much appreciate that this FB Zuckerboy don't bother pestering BlackBerry anymore.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    It's an app, it's not a permanent fixture on your phone. Seems you were in your own way.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9158709) likes this.
    03-01-16 06:22 AM
405 ... 678910 ...