Yes, you're right. I only saw the quoted bit above.

That'll be the end of the line for me with BB10, and I suspect for many others. WhatsApp is what the majority of my contacts prefer to use. I prefer it myself. BB10 as a communications platform takes a major hit.
    Another! Another major hit.
    02-28-16 09:08 AM
    if @koningsberg_wa indicates that stops the development of WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10, then I uninstall and stop using WhatsApp messaging system.
    Impact on WA 0% If you and your friends use it to message each other, this action will affect you much more. It's like people are surprised. BB doesn't even support BB anymore why would any other company support them. I think this may just be the beginning of an exodus. This train may be picking up speed!
    02-28-16 09:12 AM
    I've never tested the Android version, but I always assumed it would work with BB10. If it doesn't, I'm really sad now I just bought my Q5 a few months ago.
    With the company circling the drain, why in gods name would you buy a device that was obsolete and destined to be unsupported by the manufacturer?
    02-28-16 09:16 AM
    Bb10 is dead, that's the 1st shot to us in form of Whatsapp, this is really pathetic from BlackBerry, come on BlackBerry, drop the ball and say to us that bb10 is Done for good.... Say it

Posted via CB10
    They have been! You're not listening!!!! My God people! It's dead! They had a good run but that ended years ago. You, like me and many others had hoped that BB would get their act together. Sadly, that not only didn't happen, It was never going to.Time to face reality. You and everyone else using this platform are in the past. BB will soon be passed by the two kids using 2 cans and some string to communicate.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-28-16 09:23 AM
    Just like Face10, can't a developer make an app to support Whatsapp ?

Posted via CB10
    Why? Companies are in business to make money. No money to be made here even BB knows that.
    02-28-16 09:27 AM
    This is really ****... there has been a great official support within the Blackberry beta Zone in the last years... sad, that this will be completely gone. I'm sure that Blackberry / Chen could have avoid that, if they wanted to, but the truth is, that we existing OS10 are nothing for them. Good luck for your turnaround strategy with these 1.000 partnerships for nothing. Sorry, but I have been a real BB-fan and bought a PP SE three weeks ago to support this sinking boat. Never thought that the 3rd-party apps could leave this boat in that way... :-(

Posted via CB10
    You bought a BB 3 weeks ago and you're mad at BB? WOW! That's some seriously misplaced anger. LOL You should be mad at the person who dragged you into the store to buy it. You were dragged in and forced to buy it right? LOL
    02-28-16 09:31 AM
    A PKB with VKB is a must (Priority) for me for multitasking uses on a premium smartphone device like the BlackBerry Priv.

I find that all smartphone devices with only VKB's lately are so lame and boring as hell. To me it shows great weaknesses and all of those has very much hardware limits which I can't depend on for use.

So that's why I have to buy the BlackBerry Priv as soon as possible before the ending year of 2016.

Posted via CB10
    You're the guy that still uses a fax machine. Using premium to describe the Priv is, at the very least, comical.
    02-28-16 09:37 AM
    Can someone port android os to BlackBerry devices... Please

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 10:08 AM
    Can someone port android os to BlackBerry devices... Please
    Done!

PRIV - New BlackBerry Android Secure Smartphone - Canada
    Smokeaire, johnny_bravo72 and Uzi like this.
    02-28-16 10:23 AM
    They have been! You're not listening!!!! My God people! It's dead! They had a good run but that ended years ago. You, like me and many others had hoped that BB would get their act together. Sadly, that not only didn't happen, It was never going to.Time to face reality. You and everyone else using this platform are in the past. BB will soon be passed by the two kids using 2 cans and some string to communicate.
    I know, frustrating isn't it?

I really think that some here won't believe the passing of BB10 short of Chen rippling his "BB10 is dead" chest tattoo, while starring in the Broadway musical "It's All Over For BB10", and singing "I Did It Google's Way".

Even if there were front-page announcements from BB stating categorically that "It's Over", in every national newspaper, there would still be folk here claiming it wasn't.

And, those announcements will *never* come while BB still has inventory to dispose of... so, for some, there is no reason to stop believing.

Probably best to roll with it.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 02-28-16 at 11:09 AM.
    darkehawke and Ronindan like this.
    02-28-16 10:31 AM
    I think the current Android WhatsApp runs on Android 2.1 and above. Should be okay for a while, for those willing to sideload.
    02-28-16 12:24 PM
    I think the current Android WhatsApp runs on Android 2.1 and above. Should be okay for a while, for those willing to sideload.
    That could be the reason for leaving BB by WA beyond its future scope. May be they have plan to upgrade min Api level 4.4 in future.

If it happens, then no side loading or porting will be possible. Dead end.
    02-28-16 01:05 PM
    What remains to be seen is what happens after 2016. It may continue to work in a crippled fashion, or they may lock out non-updated clients. Who knows. Only time will tell.
    Also they said by the end of 2016... so it could be before. In fact it could be tomorrow!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 01:40 PM
    Why to wait for Dec, discontinue the WA service from April itself

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 01:40 PM
    Why to wait for Dec, discontinue the WA service from April itself

Posted via CB10
    So that BlackBerry users get time to switch...

02-28-16 01:47 PM
    What if BlackBerry decided to give it's users access to WhatsApp via Amazon? Just like they have done to Skype.

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    02-28-16 03:10 PM
    What if BlackBerry decided to give it's users access to WhatsApp via Amazon? Just like they have done to Skype.

Posted Via CB10 from Z30 OS 10.3.2.2836 
    It's not for BlackBerry to decide. If WhatsApp chooses to put their Android app on Amazon, they can. Although I'm guessing that by the end of the year, their app will require Kitkat or above, so it wouldn't work anyway.
    Last edited by conite; 02-28-16 at 03:22 PM.
    02-28-16 03:12 PM
    Also they said by the end of 2016... so it could be before. In fact it could be tomorrow!
    Heh. I seriously doubt that, WhatsApp has been very good to BB10 and BlackBerry users over the years. They're one of the most active and engaged Developers that I can recall, constantly fixing issues and offering a great beta program.

At least they've given 10 months notice. Gotta appreciate that.
    app_Developer and JeepBB like this.
    02-28-16 06:20 PM
    Bb10 is dead

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 07:04 PM
    Bb10 is dead
    BB10 will continue to live for users who don't rely on Android apps that won't work with an outdated runtime.
    02-28-16 09:53 PM
    With the company circling the drain, why in gods name would you buy a device that was obsolete and destined to be unsupported by the manufacturer?
    Because:
    1. Phones are extremely expensive, although most of them are just damn screens with a frame.
    2. None of the phones have keyboards and if they do, the implementation is either horrible or they're stuck on outdated Android versions.
    3. BlackBerry was advertised as Android compatible.
    4. The Q5 was only 100 bucks.

It's not for BlackBerry to decide. If WhatsApp chooses to put their Android app on Amazon, they can. Although I'm guessing that by the end of the year, their app will require Kitkat or above, so it wouldn't work anyway.
    I don't think so. A lot of people are still stuck on Jellybean and when was Android 2.2 released? 2010. So at the end of this year, it took WhatsApp 7 years to get rid of Android 2.2, I don't think they will drop 4.3 support after just 3-4 years.
    02-29-16 12:39 AM
    But BlackBerry could gently ask WhatsApp to do so, and I don't see any harm for WhatsApp here.
    I mean, among the tons of user complaints/requets they will maybe have a few BB10 users, but it's not like it would have any impact on their daily routine business.

BTW, does anyone knows if you get end-to-end encryption when you run the Android version in the BB10 ART?

(Afaik, the versions for all other platforms still do not have end-to-end encryption enabled.)
    02-29-16 03:04 AM
    But BlackBerry could gently ask WhatsApp to do so, and I don't see any harm for WhatsApp here.
    I mean, among the tons of user complaints/requets they will maybe have a few BB10 users, but it's not like it would have any impact on their daily routine business.

BTW, does anyone knows if you get end-to-end encryption when you run the Android version in the BB10 ART?

(Afaik, the versions for all other platforms still do not have end-to-end encryption enabled.)
    Let it go..AFAIK 2017 no more updates for BlackBerry 10 ,this year is the last BlackBerry 10 get updates
    02-29-16 03:21 AM
    Let it go..AFAIK 2017 no more updates for BlackBerry 10 ,this year is the last BlackBerry 10 get updates
    I let it go, my comments were about the Android version for the Amazon store.
    02-29-16 03:43 AM
    Definitely more evidence that it's time to jump ship and move to Android. Interesting timing with GS7 is about to launch. Definitely something I'll be considering.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    02-29-16 06:30 AM
405 ... 56789 ...