In all this why BlackBerry is silent and doesn't say anything....

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 11:22 PM
    In all this why BlackBerry is silent and doesn't say anything....

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't BlackBerry's call, why should they have a say in it?

*C5303
    02-28-16 12:08 AM
    My son uses the Android version of WhatsApp and has had no problems with it, so anyone using BlackBerry 10 should still be able to use WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    How is Hub working in this case?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    brian4591 likes this.
    02-28-16 12:48 AM

I have the same question as well. How does whatsapp for android behaves in the hub? Will it open the chat within the hub itself, or does it only shows preview, and you have to tap 'open' to reply or view the rest of the chat?

Posted via Z30
    02-28-16 01:43 AM
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/n...-blackberry-10

Let's sign this petition. Spread this.

Posted via CB10
    Gesh75, Meenix and brian4591 like this.
    02-28-16 02:14 AM
    They just give me a faq website

Post via BlackBerry Q10 LTE
    Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp support for BB10 will be discontinued-img_20160228_162713.png  
    02-28-16 02:27 AM
    Since it seems official cease service WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10, I anticipated and just close the two accounts used WhatsApp on my BlackBerry s. If someone wants my contacts to contact me you can do so through Short Message Service or BlackBerry Messenger.

Goodbye WhatsApp.
    RA-HA likes this.
    02-28-16 02:53 AM
    Chens fault...

Does WA works on an Android tablet?

Posted via Z30
    Last edited by Q10Bold; 02-28-16 at 08:16 AM.
    02-28-16 03:18 AM
    WhatsApp can work on some Android tablets but the tablet has to have telephony capability. Even then it is isn't 100% it will be offered in the store, as it will say WhatsApp is designed for phones. If the tablet is wifi only it definitely wont install/work.There are ways around this of course but you have to search.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-28-16 03:39 AM
    This MUST NOT became a problem! As prices are getting lower, I am planning to sell my Samsung device, buy a cheap Android smartphone and use it to chat with friends. The BlackBerry 10 device will be optimized for work. Today I cannot attach PDF files and suchlike on WhatsApp. Plenty of work is still conducted with e-mails, I would be worried if they said they were to stop e-mail broadcasting from BlackBerry 10. As they won't do that, I will keep on working with a BlackBerry 10 smartphone as long as they will be available. If they will not, I will switch to a Windows Phone, so as to have full compatibility with a common PC. Customers' needs must be respected.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 03:40 AM
    The pessimism would say: BB10 is finally end of life
    The optimism would say: BB11 is yet in the pipeline

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    02-28-16 04:03 AM
    Yeah! Let's force them to get BBM...totally!

Posted via CB10
    In the article section this was said to be the solution sooo many time with quotes like 'if the don't install BBM they are not your friends..'.

the argument goes:
    Whatsapp is an app....dont let your live be ruled by an app.
    So what you should do is to force all your friends to install BBM...because that reaaaly not like BlackBerry ruling my live.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 04:04 AM
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/n...-blackberry-10

Posted via CB10
    Signed and forwarded already... thanks!

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 04:25 AM
    I posted this in another WhatsApp thread thinking it was this one:
    WhatsApp will simply become the next Snapchat. BB10 users will be denied service. Patching the Android version won't work either.
    As a non-user the biggest affect I'll see is the hundreds of threads popping up on CB, "WhatsApp be not wrking, ned hep plz", then the hundreds of unread answers "WhatsApp doesn't work on BB10, stop trying!

Already there are more WhatsApp threads popping up here like mushrooms.
    02-28-16 04:57 AM
    A follow-up CB article on the implications of WA dropping 'support' would be nice. It seems there are different interpretation on what that means on the Web, and CB itself, from it will stop working to 'only' updates are effected.

Engadget (well, normally not the biggest BlackBerry lovers) plainly state that WA will stopp working. Which of course might just be the interpretation of the writer.
    http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/27/w...berry-support/

Posted via CB10
    brian4591 likes this.
    02-28-16 05:02 AM
    Petition No end of support for Whatsapp on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    Although I have anticipated and today I closed my two WhatsApp accounts that came using on my BlackBerry 10 devices, I understand that there are many people interested in continuing to use WhatsApp people, so I Signed and forwarded already. :-)
    brian4591 likes this.
    02-28-16 05:02 AM
    My son uses the Android version of WhatsApp and has had no problems with it, so anyone using BlackBerry 10 should still be able to use WhatsApp.

Posted via CB10
    Not "anyone." Only people who sideload, since WhatsApp is not in the Amazon app store either.
    02-28-16 06:23 AM
    Not "anyone." Only people who sideload, since WhatsApp is not in the Amazon app store either.
    Even the least computer savvy person can side load a Android App, you download the installer then open it from the file manager, it does the rest for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 06:35 AM
    Even the least computer savvy person can side load a Android App, you download the installer then open it from the file manager, it does the rest for you.

Posted via CB10
    It's not a matter of what they "can" do. Many simply don't know about it; others are unwilling to take whatever risks they imagine are involved. Sideloading is only a "solution" for a minority of people. It's fine for me, but I'm not a typical user.
    JeepBB and PantherBlitz like this.
    02-28-16 07:01 AM

No better off worse than any other Android app. He gets notifications in the hub that he can open into the app from.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 07:14 AM
    We use Cobalt's Google Play Store to access Android apps

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 07:15 AM
    Most people can not tolerate using an unsupported communication app that can cease to function at anytime. What are you going to do at the end of the year � message "Happy New Year and if you don't hear from me it's been nice!"
    02-28-16 07:47 AM
    We use Cobalt's Google Play Store to access Android apps

Posted via CB10
    "We" do, but that's sideloading and normal users aren't into it.

Look, if I'm still using my Passport in 2017, I'm sure that's what I'll be doing, but that doesn't change the impact of WhatsApp's decision on people who might buy a BB10 phone, if they're still for sale then.
    02-28-16 07:57 AM
    Thank you very much!
    02-28-16 07:59 AM
    Petition No end of support for Whatsapp on BlackBerry 10.

Ooooooo, an Internet petition! Those always never work.
    schmatzler likes this.
    02-28-16 08:44 AM
405 ... 45678 ...