not going to happen.

I paid around $620.CDN fro my passport 1.5-2 months ago...What a waist of money
    i told a few people a couple of months ago that paying full price for any bb right now is a mistake and that they would be better off just getting a used one for cheaper so the can just have and use it for the little life it has left sure enough some people blew their lid but they just dont want to accept reality
    xtremeled likes this.
    02-27-16 01:05 PM
    if whatsuck doesn't work for BB10, we can try the android version, don't be too dramatic!
    what is not clear is if will be disconnected from servers or just no updates.... don't forget when microsoft announced end of support for windows XP, didn't mean it was going to stop working
    Sigewif and elfabio80 like this.
    02-27-16 01:09 PM
    i told a few people a couple of months ago that paying full price for any bb right now is a mistake and that they would be better off just getting a used one for cheaper so the can just have and use it for the little life it has left sure enough some people blew their lid but they just dont want to accept reality
    still better off buying full price as opposed to contract, tho
    02-27-16 01:19 PM
    if whatsuck doesn't work for BB10, we can try the android version, don't be too dramatic!
    what is not clear is if will be disconnected from servers or just no updates.... don't forget when microsoft announced end of support for windows XP, didn't mean it was going to stop working
    Sorry, but your comparison is rather bad. The Android version doesn't run as slick as the native Version, it uses more battery, eventually it won't be supported by the runtime and don't even talk about Hub support. I'm also pretty sure no updates means no connection in the long run. By the way, one must be some kind of madman using Windows XP after being EOLed imho. But opposed to WhatsApp you wouldn't need to be connected to the internet to make use of the software .

Via Pasta CB10
    02-27-16 01:24 PM
    I wonder if the next one will be Evernote. WhatsApp and Evernote have hung on to the BB10 platform far longer than any other more well known developers. When Evernote chooses to follow suit will be truly the day.
    02-27-16 01:36 PM
    Wow, wonder why it is so cheap? If this is purely to move inventory of a dying model, bb should take note. They should have done this a month ago.

For 30 you really can't go wrong.
    All I have to say is you think you will have a need for it in the future, grab one really quick. Walmart showed them for that as did Bestbuy's web and Ebay store.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    02-27-16 01:37 PM
    I have exactly zero whatsapp contacts and it's going to stay that way.

No Twitit or Snip chat either for that matter.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    RA-HA and David Tyler like this.
    02-27-16 01:40 PM
    Not necessarily. This could mean that if you want to enjoy further app upgrades to enjoy the "capabilities we need to expand our app's features in the future," then you need to change your phone to a newer version.
    Yes, that's my take too.

It'll continue to work until WhatsApp update their API or functionality... at which point the BB10 version might, or might not, continue to work (with presumably some loss of functionality). At the following API update, a little bit more functionality would be gone. A death by a thousand cuts, if you like .
    02-27-16 01:42 PM
    Milking things to the detriment of your customers is not what i call good business sense.
    Meh, IMHO, most "business sense" boils down to keeping your customers sweet so you can keep selling them more stuff and can milk them for as long as possible. Yeah, I know, I'm very cynical.

BB already have your money from your original phone purchase. I doubt they care.

Given that it's very unlikely (IMO) that BB are going to be selling phones for much longer, what more does it cost them now that they've upset (soon to be ex-)customers? What are you going to do? Not buy the next BB phone they don't release?
    02-27-16 01:50 PM
    Blackberry - here's the pro tip:

Work with WatsApp to implement the watsapp protocol support in BBM...

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    gugomat likes this.
    02-27-16 01:53 PM
    I just confirmed that the latest Android version from Google Play Store works perfectly. Yes bb10 is dying painfully but we can still get some life out of it yet.

Passport until the bitter end!

Posted via CB10
    You should totally start a thread about the Android version from Google Play! It needs to be front and center info. I have a Priv and this needs to come from someone with a BB10 device. People are freaking out about this. I have friends and family on BB10 devices so it is a concern to me too.
    02-27-16 01:54 PM
    All I have to say is you think you will have a need for it in the future, grab one really quick. Walmart showed them for that as did Bestbuy's web and Ebay store.

Posted from my X00 Z30
    Locked to at&t so won't but otherwise i would have tried it.
    02-27-16 01:57 PM
    You should totally start a thread about the Android version from Google Play! It needs to be front and center info. I have a Priv and this needs to come from someone with a BB10 device. People are freaking out about this. I have friends and family on BB10 devices so it is a concern to me too.
    The real question is will it work in 2017 when the bb version does not. You wanna bet your farm on that? I wouldn't.
    02-27-16 01:58 PM
    Blackberry - here's the pro tip:

Work with WatsApp to implement the watsapp protocol support in BBM...

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    "Why?" - Whatsapp
    02-27-16 02:07 PM
    This is a huge blow for the platform. Seriously duck it, one of the most crucial apps and one of the only ones I truly need.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 02:12 PM
    Bummer, my mother absolutely loves her Z30, but without WA she will have to move on.
    I'm sure that move makes BB10 completely irrelevant for consumers right now.
    02-27-16 02:17 PM
    What Whatsapp need to know is that I would pay a lot more than 0.99 cents/year to keep BlackBerry10 version going...

Posted via CB10
    mitchy_mitch likes this.
    02-27-16 02:24 PM
    Bummer, my mother absolutely loves her Z30, but without WA she will have to move on.
    I'm sure that move makes BB10 completely irrelevant for consumers right now.
    Android version works fine

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 02:29 PM
    Doesn't really matter. I use android version and it is even better

WhatsApp support for BB10 will be discontinued-img_20160227_152717.png
    WhatsApp support for BB10 will be discontinued-img_20160227_152635.png

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 02:31 PM
    Why dont you just email [email protected] and tell them you will move over to cross platform BBM
    They have a BILLION users. They're moving towards monetizing it via Corporate hooks.

Shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic.
    02-27-16 02:55 PM
    Its only a matter of time before Android apps stop running on Blackberry 10 as well. We, BB10 users are stuck with the JellyBean ver. of Android. KitKat, Lollipop and Marshmallow are all ahead of us. So as dev's make apps for the newer versions of Android and we will get the shaft anyways and its not their fault.
    02-27-16 02:56 PM
    at least, WhatsApp gave a warning...
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-27-16 03:02 PM
    This the end now

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 03:06 PM
    Android version works fine

Posted via CB10
    I'll ask again: does it have to stay in an active frame to receive messages and provide notifications?
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-27-16 03:06 PM
    we are still in february! (almost march) so, what's the problem? life goes on!, nobody knows exactly what will happen on december 31, at least send all the new year's greetings before midnight, be happy and then get drunk, have fun and.... well, do more than what you want
    02-27-16 03:07 PM
405 ... 23456 ...