A PKB with VKB is a must (Priority) for me for multitasking uses on a premium smartphone device like the BlackBerry Priv.

I find that all smartphone devices with only VKB's lately are so lame and boring as hell. To me it shows great weaknesses and all of those has very much hardware limits which I can't depend on for use.

So that's why I have to buy the BlackBerry Priv as soon as possible before the ending year of 2016.

Posted via CB10
    You may have to reassess your priorities but, good luck. Blackberry, once a strong innovative company, is now a shell of itself and changing their strategic direction. While I enjoyed many years of using their devices, I will not stay loyal to any one platform especially if they continue to screw their user base.
    02-27-16 11:15 AM
    You may have to reassess your priorities but, good luck. Blackberry, once a strong innovative company, is now a shell of itself and changing their strategic direction. While I enjoyed many years of using their devices, I will not stay loyal to any one platform especially if they continue to screw their user base.
    Here here... if they say screw us then why wouldn't we say screw them. ..
    02-27-16 11:23 AM
    Here here... if they say screw us then why wouldn't we say screw them. ..
    That's a question everyone needs to answer for themselves.

Funny thing, I almost bought a used Classic last night to play around with. I still have some nostalgia for BB.

Glad I didn't do it now.
    02-27-16 11:28 AM
    I just confirmed that the latest Android version from Google Play Store works perfectly. Yes bb10 is dying painfully but we can still get some life out of it yet.

Passport until the bitter end!

Posted via CB10
    SilkySunshine and skinnymike1 like this.
    02-27-16 11:30 AM
    BlackBerry wants to increase its market share by switching existing bb10 users to priv.

02-27-16 11:32 AM
    if @koningsberg_wa indicates that stops the development of WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10, then I uninstall and stop using WhatsApp messaging system.
    BlackBerry ditched users long before whatsapp ditched BlackBerry 10. I think you should uninstall BlackBerry 10 instead

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 11:35 AM
    "If you use one of these affected mobile devices, we recommend upgrading to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone before the end of 2016 to continue using WhatsApp."

From the same blog, that makes it clear that WhatsApp will stop working on these devices.

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily. This could mean that if you want to enjoy further app upgrades to enjoy the "capabilities we need to expand our app's features in the future," then you need to change your phone to a newer version.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 11:35 AM
    BlackBerry wants to increase its market share by switching existing bb10 users to priv.

Great conspiracy theory!

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-27-16 11:37 AM
    Maybe the existing WhatsApp client will continue to run after end of the year. It is not 100% clear from the statement that they will immediately make the BB10 app a non-functioning app.
    And maybe we got some clever developers (like Nemory) that will build an unofficial WhatsApp client that continues to work (similar to what smart guys are doing for the Nokia N9). The issue with that though is that being not official you do have the chance the app stops working every once in a while, or you get banned by WhatsApp from their server for using an unofficial client. All in all it is sad news but we do have the whole year to cope with it...
    It will probably continue to run for quite a while yet until WhatsApp releases their next revision of the service API. Eventually the client will lose the ability to connect altogether after multitudes of errors. Too bad the official client just joined the island of BB10 abandonwares.

As for BlackBerry announcing the death of BB10? Probably not for quite a while. They took as long as they did to announce the death of PlayBook, even then they made the promise of continuing maintenance despite not porting BB10 to it. Cowardly? Uncaring? Irresponsible? None of it. Just common business sense, milk everything to the last drop.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-27-16 11:45 AM
    Blackberry should bring sailfish 2.0 to the classic and passport.
    02-27-16 11:51 AM
    I just confirmed that the latest Android version from Google Play Store works perfectly.
    Thank you! Just what I wanted to know. So I can keep my good Q5 for a while longer.

Also, WhatsApp is actively banning third-party clients. That's why pidgin-whatsapp is almost unuseable and WhatsApp Plus has been discontinued a while back.
    02-27-16 11:52 AM
    It will probably continue to run for quite a while yet until WhatsApp releases their next revision of the service API. Eventually the client will lose the ability to connect altogether after multitudes of errors. Too bad the official client just joined the island of BB10 abandonwares.

As for BlackBerry announcing the death of BB10? Probably not for quite a while. They took as long as they did to announce the death of PlayBook, even then they made the promise of continuing maintenance despite not porting BB10 to it. Cowardly? Uncaring? Irresponsible? None of it. Just common business sense, milk everything to the last drop.
    Milking things to the detriment of your customers is not what i call good business sense.
    02-27-16 11:52 AM
    Everyone knows BB10 is completing it's life cycle this year. What is the future of BBM? Creator of BBM is already left. I will not be surprised if BB sell BBM to whats app.

02-27-16 12:01 PM
    Everyone knows BB10 is completing it's life cycle this year. What is the future of BBM? Creator of BBM is already left. I will not be surprised if BB sell BBM to whats app.

That's funny! I don't think they could give it away lol

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 12:04 PM
    I just confirmed that the latest Android version from Google Play Store works perfectly. Yes bb10 is dying painfully but we can still get some life out of it yet.

Passport until the bitter end!

Posted via CB10
    Do you have to keep it open in an active frame to get messages?
    02-27-16 12:06 PM
    That's funny! I don't think they could give it away lol

Posted via CB10
    At least BlackBerry will earn more money than selling stickers.

02-27-16 12:13 PM
    Employees: sir, CB users are bashing about your talents and achievements
    Chen: is that so?? Lets show them whose the boss
    Employee : yes, sir
    Chen: call off whatsapp from all bb10 but give them a year time to think and decide, WITH US OR AGAINST US , PRIV IS THE FFUTURE
    Employee : good call sir, but what if they still be loyal to bb10
    Chen: this is just the beginning, my time for payback, bcoz security is what we give....
    Employee : your genius sir

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 12:13 PM
    I expect that they will actively cut off non-supported platforms. Otherwise, there will be a constant trickle of social media complaints who "didn't get the memo" and are also likely to be the same people who hardly ever install updates. Finding themselves suddenly cut off from people they are communicating with makes people pretty upset. It's better to take the hit all at once than see the "Why's my WhatApp not working????" tweets every day for months.
    02-27-16 12:16 PM
    Removing ART completely in 10.3.4... checkmate by BlackBerry.

02-27-16 12:23 PM
    https://blog.whatsapp.com/

Well, we will still have the opportunity to run the Android version of WhatsApp. Just so everyone knows...

Why dont you just email [email protected] and tell them you will move over to cross platform BBM

Tried whatsapp from Google play, asking for play services. Will be really funny if the final nail in BB10 will be an instant messaging app!
    Last edited by fabio1; 02-27-16 at 01:13 PM.
    gugomat likes this.
    02-27-16 12:24 PM
    Time to sell the passport now it still has some 'value'.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 12:28 PM
    Time to sell the passport now it still has some 'value'.

Posted via CB10
    at what price?? I don't think it has any value anymore
    idhbar likes this.
    02-27-16 12:29 PM
    at what price?? I don't think it has any value anymore
    Yeah, maybe like 250$...
    But let's hope this opens the door for a android update on excisting bb10 devices.
    Yeah, i don't like that os but at least it will have the apps.
    Will miss BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 12:35 PM
    Yeah, maybe like 250$...
    But let's hope this opens the door for a android update on excisting bb10 devices.
    Yeah, i don't like that os but at least it will have the apps.
    Will miss BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    not going to happen.

I paid around $620.CDN fro my passport 1.5-2 months ago...What a waist of money
    02-27-16 12:43 PM
    Why dont you just email [email protected] and tell them you will move over to cross platform BBM
    And what use will a torrent of abuse and useless emails do except **** off the WhatsApp support people?

Get over it

Posted via CB10
    Carlos_E likes this.
    02-27-16 12:45 PM
405 12345 ...