Yikes. It's interesting to see the reaction to this news... almost like this is more of a sign of the end than the PRIV was. Strange days.
    02-27-16 09:30 AM
    The worst part is that WhatsApp is planning on using the money the save on BB10 development to sponsor the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team.

WhatsApp support for BB10 will be discontinued-12771594_10153333278877411_1134948836397745397_o.jpg
    Uzi, JeepBB, gugomat and 2 others like this.
    02-27-16 09:31 AM
    That's not a good news but buying a couple of hundred dollars phone for a free app? No thanks.

Posted via CB10
    $30 US gets you a Lumia 640 with Windows 8.1
    dolco likes this.
    02-27-16 09:37 AM
    Whatsapp was probably the best managed app from a major third party, so seeing it go is another nail in BB10's coffin.

The coffin is mostly nails at this point.
    Uzi, tollfeeder, eldricho and 16 others like this.
    02-27-16 09:44 AM
    This is really ****... there has been a great official support within the Blackberry beta Zone in the last years... sad, that this will be completely gone. I'm sure that Blackberry / Chen could have avoid that, if they wanted to, but the truth is, that we existing OS10 are nothing for them. Good luck for your turnaround strategy with these 1.000 partnerships for nothing. Sorry, but I have been a real BB-fan and bought a PP SE three weeks ago to support this sinking boat. Never thought that the 3rd-party apps could leave this boat in that way... :-(

Posted via CB10
    gugomat likes this.
    02-27-16 09:52 AM
    Whatsapp was probably the best managed app from a major third party, so seeing it go is another nail in BB10's coffin.

The coffin is mostly nails at this point.
    Facebook next? Final nail?
    02-27-16 10:04 AM

Yeah, I went there. [drop mic.]
    JeepBB, elfabio80, gugomat and 4 others like this.
    02-27-16 10:06 AM
    Anyone actually use the Android version? My family (not BB10) uses WhatsApp so this is a potential problem for me.
    +1 I have 320 contact's in my Passport and only one is using BBM the other 319 are using Whatsapp. The only person that uses BBM is my mother because I bought her a z10 , lol.
    By the way my mother has the same problem all her contacts are using Whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    Bahtiyar Danaci likes this.
    02-27-16 10:10 AM
    Not sure why everyone is so concerned that Whatsapp has pulled the plug on their BB App.

Surely BB10 is the best out of the box OS and doesn't need Apps...?

Which must be true, as I read it here on CB on a regular basis.
    02-27-16 10:11 AM
    Not sure why everyone is so concerned that Whatsapp has pulled the plug on their BB App.

Surely BB10 is the best out of the box OS and doesn't need Apps...?

Which must be true, as I read it here on CB on a regular basis.
    Don't forget use the website ,no need app ..html FTW
    JeepBB, kvndoom, jm1219 and 4 others like this.
    02-27-16 10:13 AM
    Facebook next? Final nail?
    Facebook already doesn't work properly on BB10 IIRC... It's why everyone is so happy that Face10 came along.
    02-27-16 10:13 AM
    don't know why you photoshop-ed the image

whatsapp is not a sponsor
    early2bed likes this.
    02-27-16 10:17 AM
    Facebook already doesn't work properly on BB10 IIRC... It's why everyone is so happy that Face10 came along.
    Facebook never had a BB10 app. The one you mean was from BlackBerry...

The few people I know who are still on BlackBerry will leave for sure once WhatsApp isn't working anymore. BlackBerry is really dead as a phone manufacturer, and I doubt that the Priv would change that.
    Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Point taken, but it's still broken isn't it? Hence the general joy that Face10 is out.
    02-27-16 10:34 AM
    Point taken, but it's still broken isn't it? Hence the general joy that Face10 is out.
    Yes, totally. It never was a good app.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-27-16 10:35 AM
    $30 US gets you a Lumia 640 with Windows 8.1
    Wow, wonder why it is so cheap? If this is purely to move inventory of a dying model, bb should take note. They should have done this a month ago.

For 30 you really can't go wrong.
    02-27-16 10:36 AM
    idk whats more surprising the fact that people are surprised by whatsapp announcing this or surprised that the writing has been on the wall for some time now already for bb10, either way bb and whatever it is that they do doesnt surprise me so no one should be surprised by any new surprises that come out of anything related to bb
    xtremeled likes this.
    02-27-16 10:37 AM

The few people I know who are still on BlackBerry will leave for sure once WhatsApp isn't working anymore. BlackBerry is really dead as a phone manufacturer, and I doubt that the Priv would change that.
    Posted via CB10
    Yeah a lot of my friends after read the news will sell their BlackBerry 10 devices..whatsapp is number one messaging app in Malaysia
    02-27-16 10:37 AM
    idk whats more surprising the fact that people are surprised by whatsapp announcing this or surprised that the writing has been on the wall for some time now already for bb10, either way bb and whatever it is that they do doesnt surprise me so no one should be surprised by any new surprises that come out of anything related to bb
    I'm pretty sure that the crowd that can't see the writing on the wall is mostly illiterate at this point.
    TgeekB, DrBoomBotz, JeepBB and 3 others like this.
    02-27-16 10:40 AM
    Before ending the year of 2016, I must have the BlackBerry Priv device by than immediatly.

So that I can switch or swap smartphone devices between two BlackBerries (Passport and Priv) and transfer (sending) all my content personal and work related data's for safety keeps quickly after like WhatsApp for example.

There is no way that I as a user will leave the brandname of BlackBerry behind. I'm strictly loyal to BlackBerry of course.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 10:41 AM
    Here's a solution - a web-based service that forwards messages from WhatsApp accounts to BBM and vice versa. KickStarter anyone?
    irenejazz likes this.
    02-27-16 10:46 AM
    I guess we will be forced to force our friends and family to adopt BBM then.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah! Let's force them to get BBM...totally!

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-27-16 10:48 AM
    Chen: "We need a way to push more users from BB10 to the PRIV."
    *calls WhatsApp team*
    Chen: "Operation ~KILL OFF SUPPORT~ is a GO!"
    WhatsApp: "Roger. Posting blog update now..."

#conspiracy
    02-27-16 10:49 AM
    Before ending the year of 2016, I must have the BlackBerry Priv device by than immediatly.

So that I can switch or swap smartphone devices between two BlackBerries (Passport and Priv) and transfer (sending) all my content personal and work related data's for safety keeps quickly after like WhatsApp for example.

There is no way that I as a user will leave the brandname of BlackBerry behind. I'm strictly loyal to BlackBerry of course.

Posted via CB10
    Loyal to a company that continues to kick you in the groin?
    Al moon and JeepBB like this.
    02-27-16 10:50 AM
    Loyal to a company that continues to kick you in the groin?
    A PKB with VKB is a must (Priority) for me for multitasking uses on a premium smartphone device like the BlackBerry Priv.

I find that all smartphone devices with only VKB's lately are so lame and boring as hell. To me it shows great weaknesses and all of those has very much hardware limits which I can't depend on for use.

So that's why I have to buy the BlackBerry Priv as soon as possible before the ending year of 2016.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 11:11 AM
405 1234 ...