Is anyone else still unable to download Whatspp.

I emailed them directly and they said there is no problem as Whatsapp cane be downloaded anywhere and yet every time I try I get this same error. Can anyone suggestion any workaround to getting it.

Item Not Available

The Item is not available for your selected Device. (EC )

To return to the home page please click here
    03-15-13 11:29 AM
    Please check if you have the latest OS and then update.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:37 AM
    I click Software Update on my Z10 and it tells me I have the latest version software - 10.0.9.2372
    03-15-13 11:43 AM
    Unfortunately that's not the latest upgrade and Whatsapp, for what ever reason is needing the latest OS. I'm in the same situation until I update to 10.0.10 xxx

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 11:51 AM
    Any idea on how we can update?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:07 PM
    Pathetic from BlackBerry. Sorry to say but you ll never get such ridiculous issues with an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:08 PM
    I believe this is what's known as teething problems. Don't think it's that big of a deal.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:24 PM
    There's a few things to try, so do a search here in Crackberry, so I don't have to repeat any Posts. I have to agree that since I have an unlocked phone I have to go to other methods or extremes other than hitting an update button. Good thing I don't have to do that on my PC, it'd be way out of date!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:24 PM
    Oh, and to the op, Kevin released a blog post regarding upgrading the Os through your desktop. Check it out, see if after upgrading your are able to get whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 12:26 PM
    S7khan thanks and do you have a link to Kevins blog.
    03-15-13 12:29 PM
    Found it thanks, also sucks that you have to use a PC to do any updates. My whole business runs on Macs
    03-15-13 12:37 PM
    Is anyone else still unable to download Whatspp.

I emailed them directly and they said there is no problem as Whatsapp cane be downloaded anywhere and yet every time I try I get this same error. Can anyone suggestion any workaround to getting it.

Item Not Available

The Item is not available for your selected Device. (EC )

To return to the home page please click here
    What version of Z10 do you have? You can upgrade with a leaked OS (I did mine this way and was able to download whatsapp). So did your carrier not push update or you have a unlocked handset with sim from a different provider? If it is unlocked, simplest is to insert sim of carrier to which device was originally locked to and search for upgrade.. That works too..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-15-13 02:20 PM
    any link for leak OS ?
    03-15-13 02:24 PM
    Can you please paste a link for that post?
    03-15-13 02:31 PM
    Please delete.
    03-15-13 02:41 PM
    Pathetic from BlackBerry. Sorry to say but you ll never get such ridiculous issues with an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    It's from WhatsApp not BlackBerry. And thanks for the laugh on the iphone comment.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 02:43 PM
    Trust me... you don't want it. It is quite possibly the worst BB10 app on BlackBerry World. Honestly. The GUI looks like it came from BlackBerry OS2. The contacts list doesn't show names. The so called hub integration is pretty hokey. You can't share media to whatsapp from the other native apps. That's just the shortlist of defects with this piece of crap that the whole world was waiting so anxiously for.

Do yourself a favor and download Openwhatsapp. It is much better in all of the above aspects. The only drawback to openwhatsapp is that it has to be running, which to me is not a deal breaker considering the alternative is an ugly, broken, feature-poor app. Openwhatsapp will soon have the ability to push notifications when the app is closed at which point it will be far-and-away the better choice.

Posted via CB10
    nieedo3 and schmeat like this.
    03-15-13 02:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really??? How long was it before you could run iMessage or iCloud on the previous version of iOS???
    nieedo3 and Grumblegrumble like this.
    03-15-13 02:50 PM
    Trust me... you don't want it. It is quite possibly the worst BB10 app on BlackBerry World. Honestly. The GUI looks like it came from BlackBerry OS2. The contacts list doesn't show names. The so called hub integration is pretty hokey. You can't share media to whatsapp from the other native apps. That's just the shortlist of defects with this piece of crap that the whole world was waiting so anxiously for.

Do yourself a favor and download Openwhatsapp. It is much better in all of the above aspects. The only drawback to openwhatsapp is that it has to be running, which to me is not a deal breaker considering the alternative is an ugly, broken, feature-poor app. Openwhatsapp will soon have the ability to push notifications when the app is closed at which point it will be far-and-away the better choice.

Posted via CB10
    Have you used WhatsApp or are you just the developer for openWhatsApp??? My contact list shows full names. My Hub integration, aside from being able to compose a NEW message, is fantastic. You can share media from within WhatsApp from any of the native apps.

Your complaints, to me anyways, seem baseless and trivial.
    03-15-13 02:56 PM
    any link for leak OS ?
    Search for 'OS 10.0.10.648 [stl-1003 only]' in crackberry.. It has the link. This is just for STL1003. There are other threads for STL1001 as well for the same OS version.. Good luck.

Here is the link.. This has a link for stl1001 and stl1003

http://t.crackberry.com/leaked-os-10...y-10-dev-alpha

nieedo3 likes this.
    03-15-13 03:02 PM
    Search for 'OS 10.0.10.648 [stl-1003 only]' in crackberry.. It has the link. This is just for STL1003. There are other threads for STL1001 as well for the same OS version.. Good luck.

Here is the link.. This has a link for stl1001 and stl1003

http://t.crackberry.com/leaked-os-10...y-10-dev-alpha

Also remember doing it this way wipes the phone, so you need to take backup of what you don't want deleted.

03-15-13 03:06 PM
    Have you used WhatsApp or are you just the developer for openWhatsApp??? My contact list shows full names. My Hub integration, aside from being able to compose a NEW message, is fantastic. You can share media from within WhatsApp from any of the native apps.

Your complaints, to me anyways, seem baseless and trivial.
    I am not the developer.

I installed. It worked. Then it stopped working. I got the update. It worked. Then it stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled. It worked. And then it stopped. Even if it did work. It still looks like crap and lacks the features of openwhatsapp. The only thing it has is ability to push notifications while closed. I can live with leaving openwhatsapp running.

Openwhatsapp is simply better.

My complaints are not baseless or trivial, but thanks for saying that....

And I'm not complaining... it's a free app. how could anyone complain?? I'm simply stating facts. Whatsapp is a piece of crap. It is a non-functioning app that was released half-baked and untested. I am not the only one that is having the same issues either. Seems that is about 50/50 if it works or doesn't work from what I gather from the many forum posts on the subject. The OP was expressing his anxiousness about not having the official Whatsapp yet and I was simply offering my advice and the reasons for it.

But since you call my 'complaints' baseless and trivial, here are a few screen shots of the app that so many are chomping at the bit to get.

WhatsApp - Still Cant Download-img_00000286.png

Attachment 141549
    Attached Thumbnails WhatsApp - Still Cant Download-img_00000288.png  
    03-15-13 03:25 PM
    You can share media from within WhatsApp from any of the native apps.
    Sorry. Maybe I wasn't all that clear.

1. Close whatsapp and open a native app. Any native app such as pictures, video, browser, file manager, etc.
    2. Select a file or do a long press to get the share icon.
    3. Hit the share icon.

Do you see whatsapp as one of the possible share channels??

I didn't think so.

Here is a screen shot of the same procedure with Openwhatsapp installed...

WhatsApp - Still Cant Download-img_00000332.png

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 03:33 PM
    There is a huge issue with whatsapp losing the fave and contact list, happens after you do a reboot. Whatsapp devs are aware of this issue and have said they will fix it in an update.

Other than that it isnt a very nice 'native' app, as i said in my other post regarding whatsapp...its a very poor version of what was meant to be a native app. God knows if they tested it before releasing it but fact is that it IS nowhere close to the iOS, Android and even the older BB versions are.

Hopefully alot of these issues whatsapp will fix soon then maybe we will have an app that can compete with Android, iOS and the older BB versions.

You would think that after delaying it for so long that it would have been a better 'native' app but in reality it isnt.
    03-15-13 03:33 PM
    thanks, i already have that version installed in my z10 actually i was looking for 10.0.10.85 or 90 for stl1001, if possible can u please explain the difference between stl1001, stl1002, stl1003 and stl1004 ? if possible and u have a link of any article explaining the said things please paste here
    Thanks again
    03-15-13 04:12 PM
34 12