I've changed default maps in whatsapp to google maps... and now if I want to send my location to any contact from whatsapp it uses BlackBerry maps and not gmaps.. I want it to use gmaps can anyone help?
    Edit: also if someone sends me Gmap location on whatsapp and I click to open it it opens in browser.
    Last edited by pharandemahesh; 02-10-15 at 09:06 AM.
    02-10-15 08:39 AM
    be sure whether u've changed and saved. i remember i'd done that a long ago and it was ok.
    02-10-15 08:49 AM
    Yes, mandeep I chked it is saved but does not work as expected.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:07 AM
    The settings option is strictly for opening locations. It lists BlackBerry Maps, the Google Maps website, and any other native apps that can "open" locations in the same way as BlackBerry Maps. This option was originally added because BlackBerry Maps does not have data for all countries, but it does add some additional flexibility.

For sending locations, the map preview does come from BlackBerry Maps. However, the actual list of places comes from Google (and/or Foursquare, on occasion).

Its also possible to "share" a location to us from other native apps, but I'm not aware of any such apps that support this besides BlackBerry Maps.
    02-10-15 11:30 AM
    The settings option is strictly for opening locations. It lists BlackBerry Maps, the Google Maps website, and any other native apps that can "open" locations in the same way as BlackBerry Maps. This option was originally added because BlackBerry Maps does not have data for all countries, but it does add some additional flexibility.

For sending locations, the map preview does come from BlackBerry Maps. However, the actual list of places comes from Google (and/or Foursquare, on occasion).

Its also possible to "share" a location to us from other native apps, but I'm not aware of any such apps that support this besides BlackBerry Maps.
    But I have a question: why is WhatsApp not able to link 'my location' or open a shared location by Waze instead, since we don't have Google services to properly use Google Maps? Any help?

Posted from my sexy Z10
    02-10-15 08:03 PM
    All of these location open/share actions are done using the BlackBerry 10 "invoke" framework, which only works with native apps (not Android apps).
    02-10-15 08:18 PM
    All of these location open/share actions are done using the BlackBerry 10 "invoke" framework, which only works with native apps (not Android apps).
    Unfortunately the map app of BlackBerry 10 doesn't work in my country, Dominican Republic

Posted from my sexy Z10
    Last edited by jsille; 02-10-15 at 10:46 PM.
    02-10-15 10:32 PM