Hi all,

The pictures I received on whatsapp are accessible in my gallery, is this the case for anyone else? It's really annoying, it seems like BlackBerry 10 doesn't have much "protected" area per app, like my ringtones which appear in my music app

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 03:00 AM
    Yes off course it is.. even for Android this will happen.. that's nothing to deal with BlackBerry I guess... and what's so annoying about this to you.?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 04:15 AM
    It's been like that since launch OS
    06-20-16 04:50 AM
    Is it really this way on Android? I find it annoying because it seems to make sense that you only see those images in the chat. I highly doubt it is meant to be this way (and suspect it's a problem with the way BlackBerry 10 scans the system for pictures, not a problem with the way whatsapp saves its pictures).

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 05:30 AM
    Yes whatsapp spamming our gallery not like bbm
    gugomat likes this.
    06-20-16 07:48 AM
    I don't see what's wrong with it, seems well organized that way but everyone likes something different.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 12:01 PM
    Check WhatsApp settings. It should have an option for saving sent/recieved media. Just turn it off. If you really want to save a picture you can choose to do so from the chat or just view it from the chat itself when you feel like it. I've had to turn this option off for many people on a wide range of devices. I don't even use WhatsApp. If you want to save a pic from a chat you can tap and hold for options to save/share I believe and after that you can use the file manager to put it in another folder. You can use the pictures app to hide individual pics if you don't want them showing up there.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    06-20-16 12:27 PM
    Check WhatsApp settings. It should have an option for saving sent/recieved media. Just turn it off. If you really want to save a picture you can choose to do so from the chat or just view it from the chat itself when you feel like it. I've had to turn this option off for many people on a wide range of devices. I don't even use WhatsApp. If you want to save a pic from a chat you can tap and hold for options to save/share I believe and after that you can use the file manager to put it in another folder. You can use the pictures app to hide individual pics if you don't want them showing up there.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    I don't really think that there is an option like this to choose in the settings menu. We can alter any changes with regarding to this. The only thing we can do about whatsapp media is, of to store it in the SD Card or to store it in the phone memory.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 01:37 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    There is no such option in WAp. That's why I prefer BBM.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 02:22 PM
    There is no such option in WAp. That's why I prefer BBM.

Posted via CB10
    No, I'm just talking about messaging apps, where you can communicate with people

Posted via CB10
    06-20-16 04:05 PM
    Sorry guys. I think I just mistook the auto download feature for this function. I guess you can't stop it. On iPhones there was an option to turn off save incoming media. I was just trying to help. Anyway, has anyone tried to add a .nomedia file into their whatsapp media folder? That should work.
    06-20-16 04:48 PM
    Sorry guys. I think I just mistook the auto download feature for this function. I guess you can't stop it. On iPhones there was an option to turn off save incoming media. I was just trying to help. Anyway, has anyone tried to add a .nomedia file into their whatsapp media folder? That should work.
    Much appreciated buddy
    I'll try that, see if it works

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 02:39 AM