You think Whatsapp and Blackberry find an agreement to continue support over 30 june? Blackberry must pay if it would not put an end to its Whatsapp...
    I knew Nemory studios is at work for an "Whatsup10", but Whatsapp not give API, and then only work on webclient ...
    But we can install the apk and use it with waa fixer, how long do you think Android 4.3 (emulator BB10) will remain supported by Whatsapp? Android 4.3 is so much used... and Whatsapp has just remove 2.2... we're far... two years?
    02-04-17 05:49 PM
    I think if whatsapp means anything of value to you then upgrading to a device that has a future full of development would be your best choice. Its going to break and the workarounds will stop working quite quickly. Its not worth the headache
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    02-04-17 05:54 PM
    For God sake, if you want Whatsapp, buy android or iPhone or Windows phone, you talking about phones that are 4 years old, nothing last forever!!

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 06:05 PM
    For God sake, if you want Whatsapp, buy android or iPhone or Windows phone, you talking about phones that are 4 years old, nothing last forever!!

Posted via CB10
    And WP phones aren't old? You do know that MS never really used the latest and greatest hardware in their phones and that they've stopped selling Windows Phone phones?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    02-05-17 12:54 AM
    And WP phones aren't old? You do know that MS never really used the latest and greatest hardware in their phones and that they've stopped selling Windows Phone phones?

Yes I know, it's my job to know such things, but they have updates for Whatsapp every month, on 8.1!! We didn't have those kind of support, ever

Posted via CB10
    02-05-17 04:35 AM
    It will be very interesting to see if it actually stops working. If it does stop I guess I may download the Android variant and the Fixer but it won't be running in the background freely. I think I will kill it's process until I need it and will let everyone know if they need an immediate response that there are TXT, email, BBM, Instagram, Facebook Messenger.

My friends and I have a WhatsApp Group Chat that is like a boys club and it's entertaining but not crucial to communication.
    Not concerned.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-06-17 at 06:31 AM.
    Natral Cutie likes this.
    02-05-17 02:36 PM
    I think if whatsapp means anything of value to you then upgrading to a device that has a future full of development would be your best choice

Such as a device running Android 4.0, which Whatscrap have pledged to support 'for years to come' *snicker*
    02-05-17 03:42 PM
    You think Whatsapp and Blackberry find an agreement to continue support over 30 june? Blackberry must pay if it would not put an end to its Whatsapp...
    I knew Nemory studios is at work for an "Whatsup10", but Whatsapp not give API, and then only work on webclient ...
    But we can install the apk and use it with waa fixer, how long do you think Android 4.3 (emulator BB10) will remain supported by Whatsapp? Android 4.3 is so much used... and Whatsapp has just remove 2.2... we're far... two years?
    No WhatsApp and BlackBerry aren't going to find you a solution.... Pretty sure WhatsApp has BlackBerry's phone number blocked.

It is possible that WhatsApp delays their plans again, as there are still a lot of users that connect via those older APIs. But if WhatsApp is important to you.... you have known for over a year now, and have several more months to go. It's time to move on.
    02-06-17 02:58 PM
    Yes I know, it's my job to know such things, but they have updates for Whatsapp every month, on 8.1!! We didn't have those kind of support, ever

Posted via CB10
    Not true. WhatsApp has been one of the most updated and supported apps on the platform. If only a few other big ones followed suit a few years ago... sigh

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 03:01 PM
    Not true. WhatsApp has been one of the most updated and supported apps on the platform. If only a few other big ones followed suit a few years ago... sigh

Posted via CB10
    Change log : bug fixes

This is our change log. Pls, stop imagine, there is no any kind of app that is constant supported by any of the developers.

One more thing

Whatsapp over june-img_20170206_212109.png
    Whatsapp over june-img_20170206_212117.png
    Whatsapp over june-img_20170206_212124.png
    Whatsapp over june-img_20170206_212133.png

Look at the dates, two "different" developers ...Coincidence???

Posted via CB10
    02-06-17 03:23 PM
    Here having or not WhatsApp is a deal breaker, but you can find some Android devices unlocked for $50 so you can always have a device just for that is you need it, it will also provide you another features for sure.
    02-06-17 04:04 PM
    You do know that MS never really used the latest and greatest hardware in their phones and that they've stopped selling Windows Phone phones?
    Both of those statements are false. They still sell remaining Lumia devices (including the high-end Lumia 950s) as well as the HP Elite X3 which has very solid specs and hardware.
    02-06-17 05:47 PM
    Honestly, I'm not losing any sweat over Whatsapp being over in June for BlackBerry. Just get a plan that supports international texting and calling, or use BBM or some other alternative.

Maybe I should buy a golden Passport to celebrate it - KIDDING!
    02-06-17 05:52 PM
    Honestly, I'm not losing any sweat over Whatsapp being over in June for BlackBerry. Just get a plan that supports international texting and calling, or use BBM or some other alternative.
    Sure, just get everyone you message with to install something just for you and don't plan on being included in any groups.
    02-06-17 06:15 PM
    Both of those statements are false. They still sell remaining Lumia devices (including the high-end Lumia 950s) as well as the HP Elite X3 which has very solid specs and hardware.
    I said Microsoft hardware, not HP hardware. And they did stop selling them, they've announced that and they're out of stock in their own stores in most countries now. The HP Elite X3 is only sold in limited markets but I do agree that it's the one WP with decent specs (even if it's a bit overpriced).

02-07-17 12:51 AM
    I use WhatsApp unfortunately and it is becoming more and more popular as a business communication medium. I hate it and the tone and abruptness of the messages are rude and unprofessional. I BLOCK so many other consultants and Client's using WhatsApp. If WhatsApp group is created, I will leave the group as soon as I'm pulled into it. They must contact through more standard and professional means such as emails or even faxes. I may even delete it completely except I need it for family connections overseas. They could install BBM but I don't want to go to the trouble. When it disappears from BB10 in June, good bye WhatsApp.
    02-07-17 01:16 AM

This is our change log. Pls, stop imagine, there is no any kind of app that is constant supported by any of the developers.

One more thing

Posted via CB10
    Updates: WhatsApp is one of the apps that received the most updates (at least in my BBW list) - bug fixes or not.

Support: They've roamed the forums for quite some time taking in feedback and what not.

We might not have the same idea on what entails a lot of updates and support, but in my view WhatsApp has been big on BlackBerry 10. They didn't have to but they did it anyway and it kept the platform much more viable for a way longer time than it would've been in my humble past-future predicting :lol:

Posted via CB10
    02-07-17 02:57 AM
    I use WhatsApp unfortunately and it is becoming more and more popular as a business communication medium. I hate it and the tone and abruptness of the messages are rude and unprofessional. I BLOCK so many other consultants and Client's using WhatsApp. If WhatsApp group is created, I will leave the group as soon as I'm pulled into it. They must contact through more standard and professional means such as emails or even faxes. I may even delete it completely except I need it for family connections overseas. They could install BBM but I don't want to go to the trouble. When it disappears from BB10 in June, good bye WhatsApp.
    It sounds like you find WhatApp to be an increasingly popular business tool and have overseas family that contact you with it. Any issues you have with the content should probably be addressed with the sender, to the extent that you can, as with phone calls, email, SMS, postal mail, fax, your front door, etc. since all of those channels of communication have their drawbacks in that way.

The most difficult issue will be overseas family connections since you will never get everyone to coordinate any shift to a different platform just because you don't use one of the 98% of smartphones that are compatible. Since BB10 is going away, anyway, you probably should just avoid the unnecessary drama make the switch before June.
    02-07-17 11:05 AM
    How long Whatsapp will be supported Android 4.3 (emulator BB10)?
    02-07-17 01:11 PM
    I'm not sure what the problem some have with BBM is but I think it very close to WhatsApp. I know some people who never used such an app and when I introduced them to BBM they were pleasantly surprised. They had their friend download ot it and now they use it. If this can happen with four people then I don't see why it can't eventually make its way to WhatsApp level. After all Facebook own WhatsApp and who the heck trusts them?
    I will be using BBM and asking my WhatsApp group to switch over. I don't think they really care since I introduced them to WhatsApp a long time ago.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 06:08 AM