Whatsapp is not working.....it is very bad...

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 01:20 PM
    My BB10 version said it was not supported and when I moved to the Android app it says that Whatsapp is down...
    12-31-17 01:24 PM
    It's a worldwide outage, lol, just Google it!

I made the mistake of thinking it was something to do with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ, so I uninstalled WhatsApp, then reinstalled it and now I'm locked out until they sort this issue on the server side.

What surprises me the most is that one outage pretty much sank BBM back in 2011, but users have been way more lenient with WhatsApp and it's multiple outages...

P.S. Fortunately, I still use BBM with the most important people in my life, my girlfriend and parents...
    12-31-17 01:37 PM
    12-31-17 01:56 PM
    The inhumanity!!!!! WhatsApp is down..... Quick somebody send out BBM friend requests...
    12-31-17 02:00 PM
    Let's be clear, WA is an incredible piece of crap! The fact that so many human beings do accept to use a so bad service instead of others so superior must tell something about us as specie. Maybe an anthropological study about it? Somebody???
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    12-31-17 02:05 PM
    The inhumanity!!!!! WhatsApp is down..... Quick somebody send out BBM friend requests...
    Lol, I was precisely thinking Emtek should take advantage of these outages and promote BBM much more... But as we know, anything BlackBerry related hardly gets any proper promotion and marketing...
    elfabio80 and anon(8679041) like this.
    12-31-17 02:07 PM
    I got a message today after opening Whatsapp stating my phone is no longer supported and to move to a supported device but my Whatsapp still working for me though. And when I tried to post a pic, CrackBerry app won't allow me to connect to the server. CB might be the next app on its way out. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 02:32 PM
    And when I tried to post a pic, CrackBerry app won't allow me to connect to the server
    This has been the case for a long time now--maybe 6 or 9 months.
    12-31-17 02:34 PM
    I got a message today after opening Whatsapp stating my phone is no longer supported and to move to a supported device but my Whatsapp still working for me though. And when I tried to post a pic, CrackBerry app won't allow me to connect to the server. CB might be the next app on its way out. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Me too for some reason I try to post a picture and says can't connect to server or something.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 06:40 PM
    Let's be clear, WA is an incredible piece of crap! The fact that so many human beings do accept to use a so bad service instead of others so superior must tell something about us as specie. Maybe an anthropological study about it? Somebody???
    +1

But lot of people seems to use it forced by their environment !

People should resist to those WA and Facebook bag of sh*t, but unfortunately, almost the entire world seems to jump sheep there.

Hope I can resist for years yet! ;p

Posted via CB10
    12-31-17 08:44 PM
    If you could come to reality & think about putting the same user load that WhatsApp's 1.2 Billion Active users put on their servers on BBM's frankenstein & pre-historic server mish mash between Canada/Asia/Europe & their disjointed 40% transitioned Google Cloud servers, I guarantee you it wouldn't be able to cope up with even a quarter of 1.2 Billion ACTIVE USERS.

And yes messages eventually reach after 2 - 3 hours of delay unlike BBM which keeps failing every now and then with only and only Indonesians spamming the heck out of BBM's servers.

Features, usability is all down to user preference. But one thing that never lets WhatsApp fail is it's reliability.

You could commission an anthropological study about BBM with your BBM friends. I urge you to. It's a late 90's designed & commissioned service and has next to no maintenance which shows up routinely on their own BB10 nodes which refuse to connect to BBM until Bob/Bill fixes it at Waterloo.
    12-31-17 11:51 PM
    Hi everyone!

I'm in Buenos Aires, Argentina, and, past midnight (now, it's 3 AM), for now I'm perfectly using WhatsApp native version, it still work!. They didn't shut down BB10 version yet....

Regards!,
    01-01-18 12:16 AM
    If you could come to reality & think about putting the same user load that WhatsApp's 1.2 Billion Active users put on their servers on BBM's frankenstein & pre-historic server mish mash between Canada/Asia/Europe & their disjointed 40% transitioned Google Cloud servers, I guarantee you it wouldn't be able to cope up with even a quarter of 1.2 Billion ACTIVE USERS.

And yes messages eventually reach after 2 - 3 hours of delay unlike BBM which keeps failing every now and then with only and only Indonesians spamming the heck out of BBM's servers.

Features, usability is all down to user preference. But one thing that never lets WhatsApp fail is it's reliability.

You could commission an anthropological study about BBM with your BBM friends. I urge you to. It's a late 90's designed & commissioned service and has next to no maintenance which shows up routinely on their own BB10 nodes which refuse to connect to BBM until Bob/Bill fixes it at Waterloo.
    Hey, who EVER cited BBM on my post? I don't use BBM, I NEVER used BBM. Are you drunk because of reveillon yet?? Lol. I'm just kidding.

I agree with you. But BBM is dead. And to talk about WA RELIABILITY? Serious? Are you REALLY serious? So, wow! Ok, then! I really would love to not be obligated by my boss to use this piece of crap anymore. Telegram is so much superior, iMessage is so much superior (but ok, not everyone have an iPhone and the badass Apple don't give Android a client - shame on you, big A). So, that's it. Let's go another year with this trojan called WA installed on my phone...
    01-01-18 06:05 AM
    See below from WhatsApp developer:

Since there's plenty of speculation among everyone trying to mince words spread through a number of articles, I'd just like to clear up exactly what is going to happen with the BlackBerry 10 client*:

The December 31, 2017 date has not changed. It is for real this time. However, since I know that many of you will "run to town" on the forums if the app doesn't die in your face at the stroke of midnight, here's how things are actually going to happen (at least on BlackBerry 10):

Once the date passes Dec 31 2017, the app will go into "deprecation" mode. It will still continue to function for a short grace period, but some behaviors will change. Most importantly, you will no longer be able to re-register your account with the app. That means if you delete and reinstall it (or install it on a different phone), it will no longer allow you to verify your phone number and complete the setup process.

After the grace period, which is approximately two weeks after the published date, the app will go into "expired" mode. At this point it will stop functioning as a usable WhatsApp client, and thus will no longer connect to our servers. (Around this same time, our servers will stop allowing the client to connect as well.) However, once it is expired, the BlackBerry 10 client app may still allow you to access your existing message content on your phone. This behavior should be similar to what was seen by everyone who forgot to update their app the last time our published expiration date had passed.

Note: If you want to try the "Export for Android" feature that's been mentioned in some other threads, please do it (or at least try to do it) before your app is cut off. Part of the initial setup process for this feature requires a connection to our servers.

(* The client being referred to here is the native "WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10" application. None of our language refers to the Android client, because it has never been an officially supported option. The Android client may continue to work past this date, but no effort has been or will be made to ensure compatibility. As such, it could break at any time. Therefore, to continue using WhatsApp, switching to a real Android phone is strongly recommended.)
    01-01-18 08:35 AM
    In Cape Town, South Africa bb10 native whatsapp still working.

Bold 9900 > Z30
    01-01-18 08:39 AM
    In Cape Town, South Africa bb10 native whatsapp still working.

Bold 9900 > Z30
    Yes, if you read the WhatsApp timeline above, it will continue for approximately two weeks or so..
    01-01-18 08:42 AM
    No whatsapp for bb10 still works

While registering you may get a message that it's no longer supported ..but tap close..then it leads you have to phone number verification and thus restore chats..

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 08:48 AM

While registering you may get a message that it's no longer supported ..but tap close..then it leads you have to phone number verification and thus restore chats..

Posted via CB10
    You do realize that only for next two weeks or so...
    01-01-18 08:59 AM
    Hey, who EVER cited BBM on my post? I don't use BBM, I NEVER used BBM. Are you drunk because of reveillon yet?? Lol. I'm just kidding.

I agree with you. But BBM is dead. And to talk about WA RELIABILITY? Serious? Are you REALLY serious? So, wow! Ok, then! I really would love to not be obligated by my boss to use this piece of crap anymore. Telegram is so much superior, iMessage is so much superior (but ok, not everyone have an iPhone and the badass Apple don't give Android a client - shame on you, big A). So, that's it. Let's go another year with this trojan called WA installed on my phone...
    Hi vimagreg,

I 100% agree with You. In my opinion, Telegram is superior. It's more fluent, efficient and secure than WhatsApp. I love this application. I use Android version on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-5 and it works very very well!.
    I think BBM was a very good application, but sadly, as you said, it's dead...

Regards!
    01-01-18 09:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hi VampireServer,

You can still use native WhatsApp version without registering. I mean, if you don't do a factory reset, unistall and re install the App or install a leak OS-version, for now, you can use it...Sadly, it's the only way...

Regards!
    01-01-18 09:25 AM
    The native WhatsApp client on BB10 will only work for the next few days according to the developer (see statement above). If it's still working for you then you should probably backup any important chats and install the Android version or switch to a new platform.
    01-01-18 10:49 AM
    Mine was working with limited function, so I just went ahead and deleted it.
    01-02-18 09:49 AM