Hi everyone,

I broke my Q10 screen and tried to use an androïd phone....
    Unfortunately, I REALLY miss my keyboard, it's just impossible to type message without a physical keyboard !!
    That's why I'm going back to BB OS and my perfect Q10

I know that I need to use the APK for Whatsapp. It works fine, but the old native WA BB10 app was much more efficient, particularly the Hub integration (possibility to write directly in the hub, not just receive notification of the Android app).

Does anyone has a "trick" to use the native BB10 WA app? Or know a geek who developed such an app ?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely.
    11-15-20 09:08 AM
    Hi everyone,

I broke my Q10 screen and tried to use an androïd phone....
    Unfortunately, I REALLY miss my keyboard, it's just impossible to type message without a physical keyboard !!
    That's why I'm going back to BB OS and my perfect Q10

I know that I need to use the APK for Whatsapp. It works fine, but the old native WA BB10 app was much more efficient, particularly the Hub integration (possibility to write directly in the hub, not just receive notification of the Android app).

Does anyone has a "trick" to use the native BB10 WA app? Or know a geek who developed such an app ?

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely.
    Doesn't work, nor can it be made to.
    11-15-20 10:00 AM
    Even using an old version of BB10 native Whatsapp ? Does the hub+ on android include this functionnality to write whatsapp messages directly in hub, in its roadmap ?
    11-16-20 06:30 AM
    Even using an old version of BB10 native Whatsapp ? Does the hub+ on android include this functionnality to write whatsapp messages directly in hub, in its roadmap ?
    No to your first question.

I'm not sure what you're asking with your second question.
    11-16-20 08:51 AM
    Did you try to use an Android phone with a keyboard..... on of the BlackBerry "KEYS"?
    11-16-20 10:06 AM
    With the hub on android, when you get a notification, if you want to reply, it opens the application ( whatsapp for example). With the old (but efficient !!) BB Hub, you could reply directly within the Hub....
    11-16-20 11:00 AM
    With the hub on android, when you get a notification, if you want to reply, it opens the application ( whatsapp for example). With the old (but efficient !!) BB Hub, you could reply directly within the Hub....
    Launching WhatsApp directly is faster than launching the Hub app first.
    11-16-20 12:08 PM
    I don't agree. The advantage of the Hub is to manage all communication apps (Sms, WA, mails, etc) within the hub. If you need to launch the app before the hub....the hub is useless !! I repeat: Old BB Hub was much more efficient
    11-17-20 07:06 AM
    I don't agree. The advantage of the Hub is to manage all communication apps (Sms, WA, mails, etc) within the hub. If you need to launch the app before the hub....the hub is useless !! I repeat: Old BB Hub was much more efficient
    We're not debating BB10. Your question was with regards to Android.

On Android, the Inbox is a separate app - much like WhatsApp is a separate app.
    11-17-20 10:55 AM