Lol no I don't think anything was disproved seeing as how the guy doing the video also said he uses a battery pull.
    Have to confess haven't fully watched that podcast yet since the volume equalisation is so poor it makes it difficult for me to get through it.

That's a separate issue to this though.
    Point is, if you offer a credible alternative to WhatsApp or Gmail etc, then you can afford to tell people not to complain about other services and use home made ones.
    With BBM not being cross platform, people are forced to use WhatsApp. With BlackBerry scaling back their email offerings in BB10, people are forced to use services like Gmail.

Not playing nice with mainstream services and not offering a credible alternative leaves an OS in a very difficult situation. And I can blame BlackBerry for that, because in not making BBM cross platform yet, and not scaling up, rather than down, their email offerings, I'm forced to use one of the services they don't support properly.

Sheesh, some people.
    But we are not talking about BBM here. We are talking about WhatsApp. Whatsapp, through their twitter, has admitted there are some intermittent service issues. Your blaming BlackBerry for issues that have nothing to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 12:38 AM
    If messages were randomly delayed I'd agree on it being a whatsapp server issue.
    Given that i, and others, have noticed messages don't come in, then suddenly come in when you open the app, suggests it's not whatsapp servers, but the way the app itself works with the os update.
    That's not a whatsapp server problem, it's a whatsapp and BlackBerry issue.
    Not just BlackBerry. But not just whatsapp either.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 01:54 PM
    Experiencing since yesterday on both my Z and my neighbors S4

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 01:57 PM
    Good afternoon, I have a question, how to block on Z10 WhatsApp the contact from writing you, thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 03:55 AM
    Good afternoon, I have a question, how to block on Z10 WhatsApp the contact from writing you, thanks

Posted via CB10
    Hi,
    Open whatsapp, and then swipe down from the top, choose settings, then blocked contacts.
    Click the add button from the bottom, select a contact, and all done!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 04:27 AM
    Clear the conversation, it worked for me

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 04:30 AM
    Thank you many times!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 06:27 AM
    Whatsapp update now available in BlackBerry world, with a fix for push notifications, which highlights the problems many were facing were BlackBerry only, not cross platform.
    Download the update now and hope for the best.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 12:32 PM
    Whatsapp update now available in BlackBerry world, with a fix for push notifications, which highlights the problems many were facing were BlackBerry only, not cross platform.
    Download the update now and hope for the best.

Posted via CB10
    Nice I'd like to know how you can state with authority that they have no issues like this with other platforms, as posters have stated here and as I have witnessed there are these same problems with iPhone and Android.

From the Zed of Rockivy
    08-15-13 01:59 PM
    Nice I'd like to know how you can state with authority that they have no issues like this with other platforms, as posters have stated here and as I have witnessed there are these same problems with iPhone and Android.

From the Zed of Rockivy
    See if they've released an update for android or ios today to fix push problems? No?
    Right then.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 04:15 PM
    Maybe still in development or were pushed yesterday peaches!

From the Zed of Rockivy
    08-15-13 04:35 PM
    Update fixes problems now where is cross platform bbm

Posted via the Batcave
    08-15-13 06:09 PM
    See if they've released an update for android or ios today to fix push problems? No?
    Right then.

Posted via CB10
    Actually go back to the start of the thread. You will see I at no point stated a push issue. I was talking about messages getting to the server then from the server to the phone. It was yourself that mentioned the push thing. But consider I have WhatsApp open nearly all the time I never noticed and issue with push.

If your going to whine then at least get stuff straight

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 06:40 PM
    Actually go back to the start of the thread. You will see I at no point stated a push issue. I was talking about messages getting to the server then from the server to the phone. It was yourself that mentioned the push thing. But consider I have WhatsApp open nearly all the time I never noticed and issue with push.

If your going to whine then at least get stuff straight

Posted via CB10
    No you didn't, but as you say, i did bring up the issue of whatsapp messages not coming through without the app being open.
    There's other posters who've said the same thing.
    And as you say, if you keep the app active framed all the time, you're not going to see the issue mentioned, are you?
    So while i piggybacked into your thread instead of starting a new one as the issues were similar, i think i described the issues reasonably clearly.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 01:42 AM
    The issue here is problems some BlackBerry users are having with WhatsApp. Whether or not issues exist with other platforms is patently irrelevant.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 08:01 AM
    It's happening to me too. My Z10 is unlocked and on a different carrier than the one I got it from. Is yours too?
    09-25-13 04:45 PM
41 12