Install WhatsApp Android from here,

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

And then run through this app once and you should be good to go,

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/60005088

You can't run anything but BB10 on the Leap.
    12-25-17 02:15 PM
    Well.. Opened the first link and tried to download several times.. But always returning an "Error" on the download page.. Any suggestions??
    Hmm, that's strange. Try deleting the temp files you found and see if it downloads after that?
    gallouly likes this.
    12-25-17 02:17 PM
    Hmm, that's strange. Try deleting the temp files you found and see if it downloads after that?
    After some trials, the whatsapp and the fixer downloaded.. now: fixer says that I should stop android whatsapp from Device manager... I only see one whatsapp there and it's the one downloaded from BB World long ago.. and it's still working... do I have to wait till that version stops working and then proceed with these steps..
    12-25-17 02:24 PM
    After some trials, the whatsapp and the fixer downloaded.. now: fixer says that I should stop android whatsapp from Device manager... I only see one whatsapp there and it's the one downloaded from BB World long ago.. and it's still working... do I have to wait till that version stops working and then proceed with these steps..
    No, I believe that only applies to the Android version. If it's not running in device monitor you can continue to the next step.
    gallouly likes this.
    12-25-17 02:27 PM
    No, I believe that only applies to the Android version. If it's not running in device monitor you can continue to the next step.
    Ok..You mean that as long as there is no Android Whatsapp running in the device monitor ; then it's OK to proceed.. now: last question : when I proceed : will I be able to use it before deleting the BlackBerry world version... as they both will be using the same number.. sure no.. then either I wait till BB version stops working OR delete it now and use the Android one?? Am I getting it right??
    Would like to thank you a lot for your help... appreciated..
    12-25-17 03:00 PM
    Ok..You mean that as long as there is no Android Whatsapp running in the device monitor ; then it's OK to proceed.. now: last question : when I proceed : will I be able to use it before deleting the BlackBerry world version... as they both will be using the same number.. sure no.. then either I wait till BB version stops working OR delete it now and use the Android one?? Am I getting it right??
    Would like to thank you a lot for your help... appreciated..
    You can keep both installed but if you're using the same number only a single version of WhatsApp will work at any one time.

If you want to bring your chats over to the Android version you can try these steps after exporting an Android backup from the native version (through Settings)

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13096044
    gallouly likes this.
    12-25-17 03:16 PM
    You can keep both installed but if you're using the same number only a single version of WhatsApp will work at any one time.

If you want to bring your chats over to the Android version you can try these steps after exporting an Android backup from the native version (through Settings)

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13096044
    OK.. great... thank you very much.. you've done great help..
    Invictus0 likes this.
    12-25-17 03:20 PM
    OK.. great... thank you very much.. you've done great help..
    No problem at all, glad it's working for you now.
    12-25-17 10:50 PM
    Native whatsapp seem to still working after 31 12 2017 if account is register and verify before

https://utbblogs.com/whatsapp-bb10-bbos-end-nearly/

Love Peace and Share
    12-26-17 11:36 AM
    dkonigsberg_wa already said no more extension for BB10 WhatsApp.
    12-26-17 12:29 PM
    The last 2 times the whatsapp deadline was extended.

Are we to expect one for this time around?

I'm trying to figure out if I need to be getting my mom a new phone by dec 31st.

anyone know?
    anyone can venture an educated guess?
    Here's the latest and from actual WhatsApp developer. Ignore speculation and read below:

Since there's plenty of speculation among everyone trying to mince words spread through a number of articles, I'd just like to clear up exactly what is going to happen with the BlackBerry 10 client*:

The December 31, 2017 date has not changed. It is for real this time. However, since I know that many of you will "run to town" on the forums if the app doesn't die in your face at the stroke of midnight, here's how things are actually going to happen (at least on BlackBerry 10):

Once the date passes Dec 31 2017, the app will go into "deprecation" mode. It will still continue to function for a short grace period, but some behaviors will change. Most importantly, you will no longer be able to re-register your account with the app. That means if you delete and reinstall it (or install it on a different phone), it will no longer allow you to verify your phone number and complete the setup process.

After the grace period, which is approximately two weeks after the published date, the app will go into "expired" mode. At this point it will stop functioning as a usable WhatsApp client, and thus will no longer connect to our servers. (Around this same time, our servers will stop allowing the client to connect as well.) However, once it is expired, the BlackBerry 10 client app may still allow you to access your existing message content on your phone. This behavior should be similar to what was seen by everyone who forgot to update their app the last time our published expiration date had passed.

Note: If you want to try the "Export for Android" feature that's been mentioned in some other threads, please do it (or at least try to do it) before your app is cut off. Part of the initial setup process for this feature requires a connection to our servers.

(* The client being referred to here is the native "WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10" application. None of our language refers to the Android client, because it has never been an officially supported option. The Android client may continue to work past this date, but no effort has been or will be made to ensure compatibility. As such, it could break at any time. Therefore, to continue using WhatsApp, switching to a real Android phone is strongly recommended.)
    12-27-17 11:42 AM
    The last 2 times the whatsapp deadline was extended.

Are we to expect one for this time around?

I'm trying to figure out if I need to be getting my mom a new phone by dec 31st.

anyone know?
    anyone can venture an educated guess?
    There's a post on another thread from someone who is from WhatsApp and it's plain from their post that NATIVE WhatsApp will STOP working, no extension. It won't stop working immediately, but it sounds like the servers will stop accepting connections in 2 weeks or so.

I would SERIOUSLY look at going regular Android - this same person says that the Android versions that are there for BB10 are NOT officially supported and could stop working at any point.
    12-27-17 02:44 PM
    There's a post on another thread from someone who is from WhatsApp and it's plain from their post that NATIVE WhatsApp will STOP working, no extension. It won't stop working immediately, but it sounds like the servers will stop accepting connections in 2 weeks or so.

I would SERIOUSLY look at going regular Android - this same person says that the Android versions that are there for BB10 are NOT officially supported and could stop working at any point.
    Hey glwerry, I just posted above your last quote.
    12-27-17 03:33 PM
    Hey glwerry, I just posted above your last quote.
    Sure, steal my thunder!

If it wasn't so durn cold up here (-40 or 42 with the wind chill), my electrons would have been faster and I would have beaten you to the punch!

As a side note, my town and Winnipeg (our provincial capital city, often called "Winterpeg") were COLDER THAN THE NORTH POLE FOR CHRISTMAS!
    How is that for a "claim to fame".
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    12-27-17 03:37 PM
    Sure, steal my thunder!

If it wasn't so durn cold up here (-40 or 42 with the wind chill), my electrons would have been faster and I would have beaten you to the punch!

As a side note, my town and Winnipeg (our provincial capital city, often called "Winterpeg") were COLDER THAN THE NORTH POLE FOR CHRISTMAS!
    How is that for a "claim to fame".
    We're getting a cold front down here. We'll see 30s and 40s. LOL
    01-01-18 09:17 AM
    We're getting a cold front down here. We'll see 30s and 40s. LOL
    Oh, the raw horror!

Move fast while you're outside, so that you don't freeze to the ground!!!!
    01-01-18 09:30 AM
    Oh, the raw horror!

Move fast while you're outside, so that you don't freeze to the ground!!!!
    No worries, it won't hit 32 where I'm at....I can't live by you. I don't have the basic survival instincts to make it down my driveway or to mailbox. LOL
    01-01-18 09:39 AM
    No worries, it won't hit 32 where I'm at....I can't live by you. I don't have the basic survival instincts to make it down my driveway or to mailbox. LOL
    I have a buddy who lives in Hamilton, Ont (south of Toronto). He is all bent out of shape on Facebook because Hamilton is -10C and Anchorage, Alaska is PLUS 8C! I think Anchorage is one of those odd places that benefits from warm ocean currents, however.
    01-02-18 08:48 PM
    I have a buddy who lives in Hamilton, Ont (south of Toronto). He is all bent out of shape on Facebook because Hamilton is -10C and Anchorage, Alaska is PLUS 8C! I think Anchorage is one of those odd places that benefits from warm ocean currents, however.
    Must be. Anchorage warmer than here in Tampa, at least today. Weird.
    01-02-18 08:49 PM
    Rather than skinning BlackBerry on Android, BlackBerry should focus on emulating Android on BlackBerry OS for a better experience with Android apps

Posted via CB10
    01-02-18 09:02 PM
    Rather than skinning BlackBerry on Android, BlackBerry should focus on emulating Android on BlackBerry OS for a better experience with Android apps

Posted via CB10
    What? You mean throw money at BB10? Do you know what that would do to company and the stock price? Plus, where do they get the cash?
    01-02-18 09:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    They CANNOT, it would break their agreement with Google.

Additionally, you are talking about a MASSIVE software effort that would gain BlackBerry as a corporation NOTHING!

BB10 has already proved to be a commercial FAILURE, so what possible value would there be to bringing it back?

If you are simply trying to provide a "better experience with Android apps" , buy a blackberry ANDROID phone!

Remember, the BB10 development team does NOT exist any longer!

So, no, there is no merit to your suggestion at all. None.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    01-02-18 09:30 PM
47 12