For ages WhatsApp has worked well. Just lately (v.2.22.13/70 and possibly earlier, up to and including the latest version of WhatsApp) I am getting this error message when trying to attach a photo to a WA message. The photo was taken with the BB10 phone, and appears in all respects a perfectly respectable jpg file.
    (Conversely, if I take a screenshot, the resulting image is a png file and can be attached and sent without any problems.)
    Anybody else getting this? Any explanation? The OS is the latest autoload, but had to be "fixed" in the approved manner.
    06-24-22 06:15 AM
    For ages WhatsApp has worked well. Just lately (v.2.22.13/70 and possibly earlier, up to and including the latest version of WhatsApp) I am getting this error message when trying to attach a photo to a WA message. The photo was taken with the BB10 phone, and appears in all respects a perfectly respectable jpg file.
    (Conversely, if I take a screenshot, the resulting image is a png file and can be attached and sent without any problems.)
    Anybody else getting this? Any explanation? The OS is the latest autoload, but had to be "fixed" in the approved manner.
    What happens if you edit the JPG extension to PNG?

Also, does it work to attach a photo that was taken with the WhatsApp camera?
    06-24-22 09:15 PM
    Same problem with Passport, latest BB OS10 and actuell WhatsApp from their internetadress.
    07-02-22 02:46 AM
    Pictures with .jpg extension: not possible to send.
    Pictures with .png extension: not possible to send
    Last edited by Thomas Jo; 07-18-22 at 03:38 PM. Reason: correction
    07-02-22 11:27 AM
    The most recent app version that can send pics (not video or voice notes though) is 2.22.10.74
    07-15-22 04:15 PM
    Thank you very much, this solved the problem (download from APK-Mirror or APK-Pure).
    Last edited by Thomas Jo; 07-18-22 at 03:40 PM.
    07-18-22 04:51 AM
    After update today (newest version download from whatsapp.com) i have no problems to send pictures and videos anymore with BB Passport SE.
    Interesting. I just downloaded 2.22.23.78 direct from whatsapp.com/android/ and installed ; same problem as before.
    Z10 running latest available OS with "The Fix".
    Did you maybe mean some very recent predecessor to 23.78?
    I'll aim to revert to 10.74 - but I guess there'll come a time when this is so old it stops working .. ..
    11-12-22 02:44 AM
    Interesting. I just downloaded 2.22.23.78 direct from whatsapp.com/android/ and installed ; same problem as before.
    Z10 running latest available OS with "The Fix".
    Did you maybe mean some very recent predecessor to 23.78?
    I'll aim to revert to 10.74 - but I guess there'll come a time when this is so old it stops working .. ..
    What do you mean exactly when you mention "The Fix"?
    11-12-22 07:01 AM
    What do you mean exactly when you mention "The Fix"?
    I mean a brand new autoload post 4 Jan followed by the steps that get the user to Completed Setup and the ability to sideload bar files. so it's still a great usable phone if the lack of email isn't too much of a pain (it is, actually) and the nagging inability to send photos over WA. I'd love to know what version of WA "works" in that sense.
    11-12-22 09:58 AM
    I mean a brand new autoload post 4 Jan followed by the steps that get the user to Completed Setup and the ability to sideload bar files. so it's still a great usable phone if the lack of email isn't too much of a pain (it is, actually) and the nagging inability to send photos over WA. I'd love to know what version of WA "works" in that sense.
    Oh ok. I wasn't sure if you had run the now redundant WhatsApp Fixer fix of old.
    11-12-22 11:29 AM
    My last functional version was 2.22.10.74 from apkmirror, yesterday whatsapp blocked total, so i was forced to do an update.
    I downloaded version 2.22.23.78 from whatsapp.com.

I was wrong!
    Same problem as before: not possible, to send pictures, made with BB-Passport-camera.
    Last edited by Thomas Jo; 11-13-22 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Correction
    11-12-22 04:25 PM
    The same problem! Please help
    12-13-22 04:45 AM
    Find the solvation. Not good, but only that work for me.
    1. Select photo from whatsupp
    2. Edit
    3. Little crop.
    Enjoy
    12-14-22 01:35 AM
    Find the solvation. Not good, but only that work for me.
    1. Select photo from whatsupp
    2. Edit
    3. Little crop.
    Enjoy
    Full instruction
    1. Select photo from standart BB gallery (Pictures)
    2. Edit - Enhance - Auto Enhance (or other filter)
    3. Save (You wiil got new chanded double pic)
    4. Select that new double photo from whatsupp
    5. Edit - Little crop.
    Enjoy
    gerson008 likes this.
    12-14-22 04:31 AM
    the problem has to be in the whatsapp update, because when you render the picture it works...
    12-14-22 03:32 PM
    Full instruction
    5. Edit - Little crop.
    Enjoy
    By taking and edited (little crop) a photo using the camera within Whatsapp.
    I could sent photo from Whatsapp in my BB Classic (Q20).

What's more, i could sent video, albeit the video was only 3 seconds.

NOTE: using Std BB gallery doesn't work for me.

Good luck!
    12-17-22 09:06 PM
    Thank you very much, this is a good way and solved the problem!
    12-23-22 08:47 AM
    I had exactly the some issue with sending pictures. I was so desperate that I run autoloader and I fresh started. Now I'm back on version 2.22.23.74 and for now working well. Wil see how long for
    BTW, anyone noticed that it is not possible to dowload WhatsApp directly from whatapp.com?
    01-11-23 01:51 AM
    Full instruction
    5. Edit - Little crop.
    Enjoy
    That's a neat trick!

Does anybody know why it works?
    02-18-23 02:26 AM
    I'm back on version 2.22.23.74 too.

- same problem: "the selected file is not a photo"

BUT ! when i take a small picture - it will be sent....

So I can just as well download whatsapp from the homepage (whatsapp.com/android)
    Obviously makes no difference / no improvement.

pity pity pity....
    03-05-23 07:00 AM
    I allowed cobalt's playstore updating to 2.23.4.79

noting changed....
    03-05-23 09:46 AM
    Today, i tested sending converted pictures.

I specially took a choice for big pictures.
    Pictures where 6 / 12 and 25 MB.

Okay - the files of the converted images will be smaller - but still very large.

I used different programs - paperpusher was in my opinion the easiest and fastest way.
    From the List of 107 available BB10 apps:
    https://mega.nz/folder/kQ4wCBoR#1Z3R.../file/ldx1RRBT

I went to the picture --> Open with --> PaperPusher Scanner --> in down right corner: Use Full Image --> upper right corner: Done --> Share PDF --> (Creating PDF) --> WhatsApp --> Sent !

I wish, that i knew, why this is working only when they are converted.....
    So, actually, It's Not about oversized files...

Allso, i installed a second whatsapp on my classic.
    Therefore, i installed whatsapp business via VoIP.

It all worked fine - and the additional work i had to send pictures, was'nt that much.

I tested apk scanner app's - but, PaperPusher Scanner was for me the easiest and fasted way to do so.

Just tested, to send other files from my VoIP - WhatsApp account. An apk 54 MB

It took about 7 minutes - but it worked.

Maybe, i can help those, ho still want to send pictures via whatsapp

Don't understand the problems with pictures...
    Last edited by Ftmmsch; 03-11-23 at 01:51 PM.
    03-11-23 12:45 PM
    Btw: the Problem with pictures, i have in ALL Version. From the oldest working to the latest.
    03-15-23 06:30 AM
    After months of observation I can confirm it's a WA problem. First, it would send photos taken with BB camera and all other kinds of photos and videos. Then, after certain updates, it stopped sending both. I installed WhatsApp business and all of a sudden it started sending photos NOT taken with my Passport camera (sent to my phone by others or downloaded off the net) which it didn't do before. It still refused to send any kind of video. The simple fact that earlier versions allowed pics to be sent and that even people on android devices have this same problem tells me it's something with the software code, not the BB device itself. Manipulating photos with third party software in order to be able to send pics is ridiculous workaround in 2023 and I personally wouldn't even consider it. WA for chats, Xtasy Viber versions for sending pics.
    03-18-23 04:10 PM
    After months of observation I can confirm it's a WA problem. First, it would send photos taken with BB camera and all other kinds of photos and videos. Then, after certain updates, it stopped sending both. I installed WhatsApp business and all of a sudden it started sending photos NOT taken with my Passport camera (sent to my phone by others or downloaded off the net) which it didn't do before. It still refused to send any kind of video. The simple fact that earlier versions allowed pics to be sent and that even people on android devices have this same problem tells me it's something with the software code, not the BB device itself. Manipulating photos with third party software in order to be able to send pics is ridiculous workaround in 2023 and I personally wouldn't even consider it. WA for chats, Xtasy Viber versions for sending pics.
    The issue is using WhatsApp on a phone running an Android Runtime from 2013.
    03-18-23 05:09 PM
39 12