Hey,

At first sorry for my bad English.
    I love B.B. but the new keyone I would love to have is to expansive for me right now. So I want to switch from my phone to a BB. I like the Classic but I Whatsapp won’t work in 2018 I think. I googled some information and find out that you can install .APK on BB10, but is Whatsapp running the server to transmit the messages further? Is It the same server like the original Android App?

So I talked so much and there is no sense .. Can I use whatsapp on any BB10 device further in 2018?

Best regards
    12-02-17 05:50 AM
    Not sure if Android WhatsApp apk will still work after December 2017. Maybe you should postpone your purchase until January just to be on the safe side.
    Otherwise, buy an Android or iOS device for a flawless WhatsApp experience.
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 12-02-17 at 06:30 AM.
    DrunkenZX likes this.
    12-02-17 06:08 AM
    If you need WhatsApp you should just avoid BB10 at this point. There are some compatibility issues even after running the fix and there's always the chance that compatibility could get worse as time goes on.
    12-02-17 11:23 AM
    If you need WhatsApp you should just avoid BB10 at this point. There are some compatibility issues even after running the fix and there's always the chance that compatibility could get worse as time goes on.
    Agreed.

OP, you have to be OK with the fact that any Android app on BB10 could just break overnight at any time.

93% of Android users are on versions of Android newer than that found on BB10, so support is flaky.
    12-02-17 11:28 AM
    At least current Android apk should work until WA release new version and stop the old ones.
    Theoretically WA is not interested in loss android v4 users, so I'd bet that the current apk will work for at least 6 months.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-17 07:39 AM
    Longer. Emerging markets are being actively targeted by these companies atm. v4 will be around for years even if a slimmed down version.
    12-04-17 05:13 AM
    Longer. Emerging markets are being actively targeted by these companies atm. v4 will be around for years even if a slimmed down version.
    Which v4 though? Many have moved on to v4.4 and I believe BB10 will always be stuck on v4.3 and that's already problem for many apps...
    12-04-17 06:08 AM
    WhatsApp problems on BB10 so far have been due to the runtime (which isn't 1:1 Android) and not the version of Android it supports.
    12-04-17 10:10 AM