Whatsapp shows me regular pop up that it wouldn't be supported in BlackBerry OS after June, I want to know if that's gonna change with the introduction of an OS update. I was written to update my OS to OS 3.3.1463. What's new on this OS?

If whatsapp don't work, I may drown my BB
    04-04-17 02:01 PM
    No. An OS update will not fix this.
    04-04-17 02:04 PM
    Unfortunately, the system update will not change anything in this matter. Just the decision of the owners of Whatsapp will not work on the Blackberry platform after 30 June. Explain too weak equipment, which will serve new functions in subsequent versions of the application. Is it true? I don't know. It is clear that many will not like it. However, you can already find on the web page with the petitions in this matter...
    Last edited by sebecco; 04-05-17 at 02:42 AM.
    04-04-17 03:34 PM
    Whatsapp for BlackBerry will cease to function on June 30. Full stop. If Whatsapp is a critical app for your needs, consider using an Android or iOS device.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-17 03:51 PM
    Sign this petition guyz to make support of whatsapp on BlackBerry 10 device

https://www.change.org/p/facebook-ke...rry-10-devices go for it.

Thanks
    Khursheed

Khursheed
    04-05-17 10:02 AM

https://www.change.org/p/facebook-ke...rry-10-devices go for it.
    You can spam that petition over however many threads you want to. Won't work, no matter how many signatures it gets.
    04-05-17 10:18 AM
    Allways try, you never know. The more that sign the more negative publicity they (Facebook) get.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-17 12:30 PM
    Allways try, you never know. The more that sign the more negative publicity they (Facebook) get.

Posted via CB10
    If every single BB10 user signed it, it would make no difference to Facebook. They already have the usage metrics for WhatsApp from BB10 users, and it's insufficient.

You don't seriously think the handful of remaining BB10 users can shame them, right?
    04-05-17 01:22 PM
    The idea this petition will produce any meaningful or even noticeable publicity is laughable.
    04-05-17 01:32 PM
    BB10 has a "frozen" API, so WA is limited in what features they can implement. As soon as the BB10 client loses total compatibility with the rest of the userbase they will pull it no matter how many people ask for it.
    04-05-17 01:53 PM
    There is a downloadable android version of Whatsapp on Google Play, available to BB10's. I've not yet had chance to test it however, has anyone found it to be a solution to this problem?
    04-07-17 03:58 AM
    There is a downloadable android version of Whatsapp on Google Play, available to BB10's. I've not yet had chance to test it however, has anyone found it to be a solution to this problem?
    We will only know after june if the whatsapp will extend the support like last year or if they will block bb10 users from using the android apk. Only time will tell if we can use whatsapp at all after june.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-17 04:14 AM
    When D day arrives 30/6/2017 we will see what fatalities.

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    04-08-17 04:38 AM
    When D day arrives 30/6/2017 we will see what fatalities.

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    Pretty much this. Hope for the best and expect the worst. There is nothing else we can do at this point. Sign a petition if it helps you sleep at night but think twice about it if you will be disappointed when said petition accomplishes nothing. :P

Posted via CB10
    04-08-17 05:12 AM
    We will only know after june if the whatsapp will extend the support like last year or if they will block bb10 users from using the android apk. Only time will tell if we can use whatsapp at all after june.

Posted via CB10
    That really is not the potential problem. The big question is what level of Android OS the new Android whatsapp will require to access the new sever code. If Whatsapp requires 4.4 or above then it will not work with BB10.
    04-08-17 06:54 AM
    That really is not the potential problem. The big question is what level of Android OS the new Android whatsapp will require to access the new sever code. If Whatsapp requires 4.4 or above then it will not work with BB10.
    Yeah! It is big question, but and it's very big problem for much people who used a Blackberry OS10. What do it now? Keep OS10 phone or sold it and bought Android/iOS platform phone.

I don't have this problem because i don't use a Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other on my Passport. Since some year we look that more Young people are addicted: internet, chatrooms, Skype, facebook and much more... for this people it's really problem, imho
    04-08-17 08:27 AM
    If it works like it did when before the original deadline was extended, receiving WhatApp messages will still work but sending them will be turned off at the deadline. That means that nobody will be cut off from receiving messages from their contacts but you will have to reply via SMS or whatever which will make things too awkward and inconvenient to actually use on a daily basis.
    04-08-17 09:07 AM
    4.1.2 will still be supported. If they continue in line with last year's announcement then 2.3 will still be supported.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 03:20 AM