Whatsapp beta dark theme and security settings updated-img_20140221_214242.png

Posted via CB10
    dibbis likes this.
    02-21-14 03:32 PM
    Where do you get this please

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 04:09 PM
    I would like to know too

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    02-21-14 04:10 PM
    It is the beta version. You need to be signed up with Whatsapp to get access

Whatsapp beta dark theme and security settings updated-img_20140222_022405.png

Posted via CB10
    FranRamos likes this.
    02-21-14 04:25 PM
    And before you ask, we are no longer accepting new users onto our beta list.

However, we are working with BlackBerry to get into the Beta Zone. Once that happens, we hope to make the beta available to everyone who wants to join. No, I cannot make any promises on when this will be.
    02-21-14 04:28 PM
    A bug with this is that it doesn't show dark settings when opening chats from the hub, just when you open the app

Although not sure when this bug was fixed, but when you used to write a message and not send it, then go back into the hub the message used to be gone, but now it stays like an unsent text msg

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 08:00 PM
    A bug with this is that it doesn't show dark settings when opening chats from the hub, just when you open the app
    This isn't a bug. This is because we can only apply theme settings on app startup, and you didn't actually close and reopen the instance of the app that provides the hub chat screen after changing settings. That instance will probably get closed by the OS eventually, if its low on memory, or when you restart the phone. (I know its a bit confusing, but its an implementation detail of how "cards" work on BB10. "Cards" are separate instances of apps that are shown inside other apps... Such as when you "Share" something, or open anything from within the hub.)

Although not sure when this bug was fixed, but when you used to write a message and not send it, then go back into the hub the message used to be gone, but now it stays like an unsent text msg
    This was also something we added in this new beta. We actually never did this before on BB10, so its technically not a bug, but its obviously a nice feature to have.
    02-21-14 08:20 PM
    What's app is for kids

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 08:35 PM
    What's app is for kids

Posted via CB10
    Lol

Posted via my NEW Zed30
    02-21-14 08:45 PM
    Good, now it's time for twitter guys to create dark theme.

Posted.
    02-21-14 11:02 PM
    Good, now it's time for twitter guys to create dark theme.

Posted.
    And add landscape support
    Twitter isn't Twitter on a full touch device without the landscape support

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 11:03 PM
    Btw what about localizations? Not everyone in this world speaks english...

Posted.
    02-21-14 11:09 PM
    What's app is for kids

Posted via CB10
    Let everybody compete on a fail playing level and let the best one take away all the glory. I think Whatsapp is doing a great job on developing and further enhancing their application for BlackBerry. This is want be BlackBerry users want - choice.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    02-21-14 11:34 PM
    I hate dark themes. I tried the dark theme option (I'm in the Whatsapp beta program) and it's just as crappy as it is in any other app. But of course, that's just my personal preference: I know that some people can't ever get enough of dark themes. lol

What I dislike the most is the switch to the green headers in Whatsapp. I much preferred the blue look.

Posted via CB10
    creowano likes this.
    02-22-14 12:32 AM
    Love the WhatsApp Dark Theme.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    02-22-14 02:20 AM
    To the guy who works with whatsapp developers, can you guys please on the next release make some tweeks on your app, I have proven in different devices that it somehow lags the performance of the device, and somehow won't integrate with the blackberry hub. And secondly the battery drain issue, please work on this, if I use it a lot within an hour, battery drains dramatically compared to just replying to messages and exiting the app and also closing it on the device monitor. Otherwise it's a very useful app.

Posted on a sexy QTEN
    02-22-14 02:33 AM
    This isn't a bug. This is because we can only apply theme settings on app startup, and you didn't actually close and reopen the instance of the app that provides the hub chat screen after changing settings. That instance will probably get closed by the OS eventually, if its low on memory, or when you restart the phone. (I know its a bit confusing, but its an implementation detail of how "cards" work on BB10. "Cards" are separate instances of apps that are shown inside other apps... Such as when you "Share" something, or open anything from within the hub.)

This was also something we added in this new beta. We actually never did this before on BB10, so its technically not a bug, but its obviously a nice feature to have.
    OP, how do you feel about Facebook buying Whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 02:53 AM
    Anybody knows the release date?

Posted.
    02-22-14 04:24 AM
    I think the bbm dark theme looks better than this whatsapp dark theme..still nice touch to have..Im on the whatsapp beta program and im constantly getting new updates..Im really glad i joined their list.. Also, if i may suggest to the developers...when in landscape mode the chat window is too small with the keyboard on top..i can only see one incoming message at a time..just a thought.
    02-22-14 06:23 AM
    Here is a screenshot for the security settings...has to the ability to hide last seen status....
    Whatsapp beta dark theme and security settings updated-img_20140222_132423.png

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 06:25 AM
    have no idea sorry
    02-22-14 06:26 AM
    Have this version as I'm on the beta test list. Seems like the dark theme only works when u open the app itself and doesn't when u use it from the hub ie going into the message from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-14 06:28 AM
    mine does..did you restart whatsapp after applying dark theme?
    02-22-14 06:30 AM
    Have this version as I'm on the beta test list. Seems like the dark theme only works when u open the app itself and doesn't when u use it from the hub ie going into the message from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    How about actually reading a few posts up before posting.
    02-22-14 06:36 AM
    What's app is for kids

Posted via CB10
    Some kids can at least spell things better than you.
    02-22-14 06:37 AM
30 12