Do you too have the bug that whatsapp apk is merging the names of different contacts together even if the phone numbers are different?
    Like listing wrong names for wrong numbers or contacts get the last name of another contact.
    If I delete both and add them via whatsapp android contacts it works but then creates duplicates of them so I have to merge them.
    Is there another solution or can I prevent it?

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    02-16-18 02:35 AM
    That is still happening to me.
    Also today WhatsApp completely lost all contact names. Just the phone numbers were showing on the chat list.
    I rebooted and still no contact names.
    I uninstalled then reinstalled WhatsApp and after registering and restoring messages from local backup, still no contact names.
    11-14-18 10:43 AM
    That is still happening to me.
    Also today WhatsApp completely lost all contact names. Just the phone numbers were showing on the chat list.
    I rebooted and still no contact names.
    I uninstalled then reinstalled WhatsApp and after registering and restoring messages from local backup, still no contact names.
    This sounds like an Android APK issue. What version of Whatsapp do you both have?
    11-15-18 06:40 PM
    This sounds like an Android APK issue. What version of Whatsapp do you both have?
    2.8.353. Seems I had messed up the accounts on my device using Account Cleaner though sorry. The reason I did was to get rid of the awful Account Info Needed notifications popping up every day, there were over twenty of them every time. I must have removed the wrong account (as months ago I used Accounts Cleaner successfully). Yesterday I wiped, did a full restore again, then deleted the accounts one by one, installed whatsapp, ran watafix, recreated all acounts, let the device settle for a few hours (I do have 3200 contacts), and all is good now. The only problem left is I have two copies of each contact in the contacts app, even if Local Contacts is empty, and I activated Merge Contacts and let it settle. I will just leave it as everything is working anyway and I have seen other people with this sort of problem on the Forums.
    11-16-18 01:22 AM
    I have the version 2.18.384.apk on my BB Passport and the same thing just happened. It's been a recurring problem on APK. My Lenovo Android phone which was just updated has never had that problem. That one uses the version 2.18.358.
    12-18-18 10:12 PM