Hey
    I started using whatsapp android package on a BlackBerry z30 (and tried it on older z10, too). I can use it normally except sending pictures. It always says failed, retry. Permissions are turned on, I am using the latest version of whatsapp and google play store is installed. Anyone got the same problem?
    Regards
    Domi
    06-02-16 05:54 PM
    Lots of people. It's why when WhatsApp shuts down on BlackBerry at the end of 2016, using the Android version isn't really an option. Unless of course you never send pics. Just use the BB10 version for now.
    Lots of people. It's why when WhatsApp shuts down on BlackBerry at the end of 2016, using the Android version isn't really an option. Unless of course you never send pics. Just use the BB10 version for now.
    06-02-16 10:03 PM
    I am also not able to send images from WhatsApp (playstore) on my BB passport SE. PLEASE HELP. Can we expect any alternative after 2016 for WhatsApp? Both my BB and WhatsApp are important for me.
    08-02-16 11:01 PM
    Yup, Nemory studios has confirmed that they are working on a native whatsapp client and will put the the real whatsapp to shame! Don't worry my BB10 pals, We have the best developers in town ;-)

Posted via CB10
    08-02-16 11:05 PM
    Whatsapp has been pretty frequently breaking unofficial apps.. Why is Nemory's app going to be any different? Best of luck, but I'm not optimistic.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    08-02-16 11:17 PM
    Yup, Nemory studios has confirmed that they are working on a native whatsapp client and will put the the real whatsapp to shame! Don't worry my BB10 pals, We have the best developers in town ;-)

Posted via CB10
    We'll see. If he perfects his facebook app then I can see that happening.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    08-03-16 12:02 AM
    Get "WAA Fixer" from BlackBerry Beta Zone. I'm not sure it's still up though.

Posted via CB10
    Which will be locked by WhatsApp. Remember, caught using an official app once? 24 hour ban. Caught using one on and on? Banned for life. Regardless if he's trying to build the app from WhatsApp Web, it's still against WhatsApp's rules and they will eventually take it down from BBWorld.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    08-03-16 12:29 AM
    Well whatever the case, let's see how things unfold. I am pretty sure whatsapp would not mind us having an alternative app in our BBW store. Whatsapp or Facebook is not snapchat! Facebook owns whatsapp. We have facebuck, face10, f5 and so many Facebook apps in our store. So, whatsapp ain't any different.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 04:36 AM
    So much hate towards BlackBerry. Chen should sue for discrimination. Some people need to grow up.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    08-03-16 08:44 AM
    Hey
    I started using whatsapp android package on a BlackBerry z30 (and tried it on older z10, too). I can use it normally except sending pictures. It always says failed, retry. Permissions are turned on, I am using the latest version of whatsapp and google play store is installed. Anyone got the same problem?
    Regards
    Domi
    It's on its death bed preparing itself for the end of December this year when it takes its last breath on BB10 devices.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    08-03-16 01:22 PM
    Well whatever the case, let's see how things unfold. I am pretty sure whatsapp would not mind us having an alternative app in our BBW store. Whatsapp or Facebook is not snapchat! Facebook owns whatsapp. We have facebuck, face10, f5 and so many Facebook apps in our store. So, whatsapp ain't any different.

Posted via CB10
    Are they? WA and FB operate as separate companies and have separate policies in regards to third-party apps.

WhatsApp cracks down on users of unofficial clients
    08-03-16 03:18 PM
    Are they? WA and FB operate as separate companies and have separate policies in regards to third-party apps.

WhatsApp cracks down on users of unofficial clients
    Yes, they will have different policies, thats obvious. But, Facebook is the parent company. It owns whatsapp. The lock down you have mentioned might be because the third party had been named "whatsapp +", which makes it sound like a paid version of whatsapp and creating a lot of confusion amongst users. Now if you do remember, years ago all we had was a third party client for whatsapp even before WA setting it's foot on the blackberry world.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 08:45 PM
    Yes, they will have different policies, thats obvious. But, Facebook is the parent company. It owns whatsapp. The lock down you have mentioned might be because the third party had been named "whatsapp +", which makes it sound like a paid version of whatsapp and creating a lot of confusion amongst users. Now if you do remember, years ago all we had was a third party client for whatsapp even before WA setting it's foot on the blackberry world.

Posted via CB10
    It's not a copyright issue its an issue of hacking/reverse engineering WhatsApp APIs which is against TOS. This is why Nemory WA app is a web wrapper, it just puts a UI over the web interface so doesn't touch the API. As a consequence it has the same limitations as the web WA but may survive C/D letters by WA legal team.
    08-03-16 09:24 PM
    It's not a copyright issue its an issue of hacking/reverse engineering WhatsApp APIs which is against TOS. This is why Nemory WA app is a web wrapper, it just puts a UI over the web interface so doesn't touch the API. As a consequence it has the same limitations as the web WA but may survive C/D letters by WA legal team.
    Well, you seem to make a point. Thanks. And I completely agree with you. But, let's see how Nemory studios app turns out. Whatsapp leaving our platform is not the end of the world. I might even go the extent of completely moving onto BBM. Afterall, my love affair with BB10 did not start without a reason.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-16 09:31 PM
    Whatsapp for android fully works for me, in the beggining i have a issue sending files but you can install the fixer from beta zone by ninja cell and everything will work properly.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-16 08:43 AM
    Hey
    Regards
    Domi
    01-19-17 11:35 PM
    I went to betazone, but no WAA fixer. I am the Z10 user already used apk.WA with issue could not send pictures.
    02-20-17 11:54 PM
    I sideloaded waa fixer
    But it shows error on sending images
    Help

Posted via Z30 Beast
    02-24-17 07:03 AM