Sorry folks to open another topic about losing the native BB Whatsapp version.
    My original BB WhatsApp stopped working on around 21h00 hours on the 31st of Dec on my Passport SE.
    This made me furious as I had hoped that at least it would work a couple of hours into the New Year to be able to send good wishes to my friends and family.
    So I deleted the original version and activated the Android version. Together with the WhatsFixer and followed the instruction.
    The Android version works somehow but just has a lot of problems. Sending large video files cannot be send. Screenshots sometimes are not recognized as photo's and are being refused to send. Incoming photo's sometimes take ages to download or just not at all. It is just a big unreliable mess. Photo's sometimes can be send, sometimes not or must be repeated. Moving GIF's cannot be send..and other things just don't work well.
    Is this me only with these problems? I am getting close to buying a KEYone ore Motion.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 11:10 AM
    Android WhatsApp on BB10 is not meant to be a perfect solution - it's just the only one.
    elfabio80 and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    01-01-18 11:17 AM
    Sorry folks to open another topic about losing the native BB Whatsapp version.
    My original BB WhatsApp stopped working on around 21h00 hours on the 31st of Dec on my Passport SE.
    This made me furious as I had hoped that at least it would work a couple of hours into the New Year to be able to send good wishes to my friends and family.
    So I deleted the original version and activated the Android version. Together with the WhatsFixer and followed the instruction.
    The Android version works somehow but just has a lot of problems. Sending large video files cannot be send. Screenshots sometimes are not recognized as photo's and are being refused to send. Incoming photo's sometimes take ages to download or just not at all. It is just a big unreliable mess. Photo's sometimes can be send, sometimes not or must be repeated. Moving GIF's cannot be send..and other things just don't work well.
    Is this me only with these problems? I am getting close to buying a KEYone ore Motion.

Posted via CB10
    Yesterday, WhatsApp experienced global outage that caused many to believe support was pulled. The native version is only going to function another two weeks or so. The Android version on BB10 has varying success depending on your technical expertise and your specific device. I don't think anyone can really say how long Android version will function on a specific BB10 device.

If you're able to buy a KEYone or Motion, according to WhatsApp developer well known on CB, that's recommended per actual recent post below:

Since there's plenty of speculation among everyone trying to mince words spread through a number of articles, I'd just like to clear up exactly what is going to happen with the BlackBerry 10 client*:

The December 31, 2017 date has not changed. It is for real this time. However, since I know that many of you will "run to town" on the forums if the app doesn't die in your face at the stroke of midnight, here's how things are actually going to happen (at least on BlackBerry 10):

Once the date passes Dec 31 2017, the app will go into "deprecation" mode. It will still continue to function for a short grace period, but some behaviors will change. Most importantly, you will no longer be able to re-register your account with the app. That means if you delete and reinstall it (or install it on a different phone), it will no longer allow you to verify your phone number and complete the setup process.

After the grace period, which is approximately two weeks after the published date, the app will go into "expired" mode. At this point it will stop functioning as a usable WhatsApp client, and thus will no longer connect to our servers. (Around this same time, our servers will stop allowing the client to connect as well.) However, once it is expired, the BlackBerry 10 client app may still allow you to access your existing message content on your phone. This behavior should be similar to what was seen by everyone who forgot to update their app the last time our published expiration date had passed.

Note: If you want to try the "Export for Android" feature that's been mentioned in some other threads, please do it (or at least try to do it) before your app is cut off. Part of the initial setup process for this feature requires a connection to our servers.

(* The client being referred to here is the native "WhatsApp for BlackBerry 10" application. None of our language refers to the Android client, because it has never been an officially supported option. The Android client may continue to work past this date, but no effort has been or will be made to ensure compatibility. As such, it could break at any time. Therefore, to continue using WhatsApp, switching to a real Android phone is strongly recommended.)
    glwerry likes this.
    01-01-18 11:18 AM
    IIRC the video file issue is a known problem on BB10, if the size is greater than 16 MB it won't send. I never had issues sending photos though, is this something that happens all the time? WhatsApp was having brief server issues yesterday.
    01-01-18 11:20 AM
    Had the screenshot thing as well. Restarted the phone (Classic), problem solved.

My view on this is: just happy that WA on BB10 via the apk still works, accept the bugs that pop up every now and then.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-18 12:13 PM
    My view on this is: just happy that WA on BB10 via the apk still works, accept the bugs that pop up every now and then.
    Agreed. If you want to continue using BB10 the APK is your best option, bugs and all.
    01-01-18 12:26 PM
    I have installed Android's WhatsApp, but it can't load/synchronize/add all my BB10 local accounts. It only added around 63 contacts (and only contact with Firstname started with 'A').
    On native WhatsApp application, I can see around 600-700 contacts.

Anybody encounter the same issue?
    01-04-18 07:12 AM
    I can't send any video files regardless of how small they are. Pics work great though.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 08:07 AM
    I can't send any video files regardless of how small they are. Pics work great though.

Posted via CB10
    What's the size and length of your smallest video that fails to send? IIRC you're limited to 16 MB and possibly 30 seconds.
    01-04-18 09:48 AM
    I've tried sending videos that are five seconds long and 1.5mb. The error message I get is 'Failed to load video, please try again later'

Thought it was possibly to do with folder my videos are being saved to as it seems odd pics are working fine.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-18 09:57 AM
    So far, using whatsFixer (sp?) I have had good luck on my Z30.
    01-05-18 09:02 AM
    Hello all,

I too have problems with video sendning. Android WA + Fixer works quite fine (with some mentioned bugs, several crashes and so, but whatever). Do you have some tips how to solve the video sending? Video recieving is ok, even the larger ones (50mb e.g.), sending text messages and pictures as well works fine, but there is still problem with sending videos, regardless size of it. It's not because of mentioned 16mb limit - I cannot send even video about 2 sec and cca 1mb.
    Is there another fixer just for videos, somewhere? Doubt that... But maby someone figured out how to solve this.

I wish BBM could send videos even larger than 16mb, so it could be considered as a respected alternative to WhatsApp...

Thanks to all of you!
    01-18-18 04:57 AM
    Died people, do not waste time with this. The bomera the telegram come native to the blackberry 10 ..

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 05:01 AM
    Died people, do not waste time with this. The bomera the telegram come native to the blackberry 10 ..

Posted via CB10
    Maybe I am stupid, but I have never used anything besides BBM and WA - I have awareness about existence of WeChat, Viber and so, but I have never heard of Telegram app since today. Do you use it?
    But I am not sure what do you mean by the "telegram come native to the blackberry 10" - since I do not see Telegram in BBWorld, I assume it is not native, but it still can do a good job installed from Snap o GoogleStore as a anroid app...
    01-18-18 05:46 AM
    No, do not use. On my blackberry passport only use BBM!!! And now use BBM for the company.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 07:21 AM
    Yesterday, WhatsApp experienced global outage that caused many to believe support was pulled. The native version is only going to function another two weeks or so. The Android version on BB10 has varying success depending on your technical expertise and your specific device. I don't think anyone can really say how long Android version will function on a specific BB10 device.

If you're able to buy a KEYone or Motion, according to WhatsApp developer well known on CB, that's recommended per actual recent post below:
    Just wondering where he acquired the timeline regarding the end of Whatsapp since it continues to work after December 31st?
    01-18-18 07:44 AM
    Just wondering where he acquired the timeline regarding the end of Whatsapp since it continues to work after December 31st?
    Timeline is from internal knowledge. He's WhatsApp employee and was lead developer for BB10 version, if memory serves me. From what I remember, it was him that got WhatsApp transition extended as long as possible. The BB10 termination is hard date and people will get blocked from the server end just by time expired. Bugs and glitches will stagger the hard date for a few weeks but eventually BB10 version ceases to connect for anyone.

The Android version will depricate through regular Android upgrades. According to dev, it's not just the minimum ART level but bug fixes and updates to base ART requirements that will cause Android breaks for BB10. Since ART was intended for development for BB10, it's not considered required support. BB10 devices aren't supported devices. From multiple vectors, regular Android maintenence by WhatsApp for its supported Android devices, will cause breakage issues for BB10 hardware. When, is the unknown. Six months, six weeks, six days, six minutes, it's simply unknown but expected and to be accepted.
    01-18-18 07:57 AM
    Timeline is from internal knowledge. He's WhatsApp employee and was lead developer for BB10 version, if memory serves me. From what I remember, it was him that got WhatsApp transition extended as long as possible. The BB10 termination is hard date and people will get blocked from the server end just by time expired. Bugs and glitches will stagger the hard date for a few weeks but eventually BB10 version ceases to connect for anyone.

The Android version will depricate through regular Android upgrades. According to dev, it's not just the minimum ART level but bug fixes and updates to base ART requirements that will cause Android breaks for BB10. Since ART was intended for development for BB10, it's not considered required support. BB10 devices aren't supported devices. From multiple vectors, regular Android maintenence by WhatsApp for its supported Android devices, will cause breakage issues for BB10 hardware. When, is the unknown. Six months, six weeks, six days, six minutes, it's simply unknown but expected and to be accepted.
    Thank goodness for Telegram or Plus Messenger for Telegram.
    01-18-18 08:12 AM
    I was chatting with archnemesis (wingnut666) on this yesterday. Interesting product that I don't have a use for because I just text. If somewhere else, Russia, Iran, divorce court then it serves a purpose similar to BBM historically.
    01-18-18 08:17 AM
    Well... Yeah, if you have contacts that are willing to use them.
    01-18-18 08:34 AM
    Well... Yeah, if you have contacts that are willing to use it.
    Well yeah. That's another reason.... Probably important and why I text everyone.
    01-18-18 08:37 AM
    Is there another fixer just for videos, somewhere? Doubt that... But maby someone figured out how to solve this.
    Taken from the WhatsApp Fixer thread:
    1.Maybe You cant crop or resize your video by the whatsapp (also maybe you cant send video recorded by camera) however you need to change format or resize ( less than 16mb for official & less than 30mb for GBWhatsApp ) your videoes with another app like Video Converter or shrink for video in BlackBerry World they both free for video less 30 s or
    Video compress apk its free and works perfectly on bb10 with no time limit !
    Video.Compress for bb10 trusted 3.7.04
    Use that and you'll have no problem sending videos.
    01-18-18 06:30 PM
    Download max contact manager from BlackBerry World, backup all your contacts, open android Whatsapp, tap on compose new message icon on below right hand corner, tap on three dots in below right hand corner, tap on import, it will search for the vcard automatically.

If done successfully you will be able to see all your contacts in whatsapp.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 07:04 PM
    How about calls or sound messages?
    01-18-18 07:06 PM
    I try to call yesterday from my what's app android and works fine, video call not trying yet!

Posted via CB10
    01-19-18 05:47 AM
36 12