Thank you 🙏
    Please Can you recommend me about source for apps ? "Aptoid, google play, 1mobil market, apkmiror , ........." ?
    For WhatsApp, you can download it from their official site.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 10:58 AM
    I used BB's only for Whatsapp and you have two options. Sideload Whatsapp, download the android app and install but it will not be integrated with the Blackberry hub.

Or you could do what I did. I threw my Q5 away and bought a BlackBerry PRIV. I need my keyboard
    10-27-16 11:10 AM
    It will not continue to work fine.
    The app will expire, and the servers will eventually stop letting it connect.

We put in all these warnings, as annoying as they are, to give users ample time to switch to a supported platform to continue using the app.
    The fact that a new thread on this topic seems to appear almost every day, where someone is newly surprised, just proves the necessity of these constant reminders.
    Who will take that call?
    Any chance the WhatsApp app could become like the FB app, it just continues to work because FB isn't bothered really?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    10-27-16 12:43 PM
    Personally I would say anything is possible, but the Dev(?) from WhatsApp, sounds pretty definitive with his comment.
    10-27-16 01:30 PM
    Who will take that call?
    Any chance the WhatsApp app could become like the FB app, it just continues to work because FB isn't bothered really?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    It's from the horse's mouth...
    10-27-16 01:54 PM
    I mailed them regarding it sometime ago asking whether it is just that the app will not be updated while the servers continue working. The devs confirmed that it was a negative and that when the time came you will indeed not be able to use it at all.
    10-27-16 01:56 PM
    Who will take that call?
    It's already LONG been the case that each version of the WA client has a built-in expiration date, after which that version will no longer be able to connect to the service. In fact, WA recently released an update to the BB10 client that was no different than the previous version except it extended the expiration date to 12/31/16, because the last version would have expired a couple of months before that.

And since they aren't releasing any new versions of the BB10 client, when 1/1/2017 hits, and all old versions have expired, there will be no working BB10 clients.
    10-27-16 07:57 PM
    Personally I would say anything is possible, but the Dev(?) from WhatsApp, sounds pretty definitive with his comment.
    True. You know how it goes when it comes to politics and companies: they can change their minds in a matter of seconds. But until that happens (if ever, but most likely not) we're gonna have to stick to and accept dkonigsberg's statement.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    10-28-16 12:04 AM
    Imagine providers would end support of SMS for millions of people just because their devices are not cool enough to gain revenue through data mining and (future) ads. WhatsApp does exactly this.

WhatsApp sucks in so many ways! No multidevice support, privacy, security. But hey, hundreds of millions of people are using it and WhatsApp doesn't care about non iOS/Android users. I really hate them.
    10-31-16 05:05 AM
    Imagine providers would end support of SMS for millions of people just because their devices are not cool enough to gain revenue through data mining and (future) ads. WhatsApp does exactly this.

WhatsApp sucks in so many ways! No multidevice support, privacy, security. But hey, hundreds of millions of people are using it and WhatsApp doesn't care about non iOS/Android users. I really hate them.
    Don't forget Windows users. Despite Windows Phone/Mobile 10 market share being under 1% now WhatsApp still develops and updates their Windows Phone app.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    10-31-16 10:09 AM
    Don't forget Windows users. Despite Windows Phone/Mobile 10 market share being under 1% now WhatsApp still develops and updates their Windows Phone app.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    Well to be fair they have Skype dropping Support for a majority of them :P
    10-31-16 11:18 AM
    It's already LONG been the case that each version of the WA client has a built-in expiration date, after which that version will no longer be able to connect to the service. In fact, WA recently released an update to the BB10 client that was no different than the previous version except it extended the expiration date to 12/31/16, because the last version would have expired a couple of months before that.

And since they aren't releasing any new versions of the BB10 client, when 1/1/2017 hits, and all old versions have expired, there will be no working BB10 clients.
    So is it better to not install this update?

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 12:39 PM
    So is it better to not install this update?

Posted via CB10
    If you want native Whatsapp between now and January, then you have to.
    10-31-16 01:29 PM
    I think is high time people talk to blackberry about that am in asian they don't use blackberry and am trying to teach them more about blackberry but is unfortunate that they haven't say anything since whatsapp said they are disconnecting whatsapp from black Q10 and others. My B day is just coming if they are not will to do something I will switch to Iphone

Posted via CB10
    11-02-16 05:19 AM
    I think is high time people talk to blackberry about that am in asian they don't use blackberry and am trying to teach them more about blackberry but is unfortunate that they haven't say anything since whatsapp said they are disconnecting whatsapp from black Q10 and others. My B day is just coming if they are not will to do something I will switch to Iphone

Posted via CB10
    Enjoy!

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    11-02-16 05:34 AM
    Good luck with that.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-02-16 06:09 AM
    U will need to either use the apk app. Or upgrade your phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 09:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure someone high up will see your post and take care if the issue right away. {sarcasm}

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 06:26 AM
    Migrate to BBM.
    11-08-16 06:33 AM
    Just download the android version, it works just fine.
    Check the forums on how to make it send photos and videos. Pretty straight forward directions.

Blackberry z10- Passport SE-Blakberry Priv
    11-09-16 01:01 PM
    I have been searching for a threat how to send fotos on Android WhatsApp for B10 and can't them. Any idea?
    11-10-16 07:53 AM
    Why don't you guys set the date to 2017 now and test if it still works?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 09:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    If it's a server-side check it's irrelevant.
    11-10-16 11:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    It will work but using the present date as it is a server issue. It gives error notification when the date is set to the past.
    11-10-16 11:13 AM
    It will not continue to work fine.
    The app will expire, and the servers will eventually stop letting it connect.

We put in all these warnings, as annoying as they are, to give users ample time to switch to a supported platform to continue using the app.
    The fact that a new thread on this topic seems to appear almost every day, where someone is newly surprised, just proves the necessity of these constant reminders.
    A supported platform... android... that in fact that supported platform app runs on bb10...

And my bet is that the native app will continue to work with some limitations.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 12:30 PM
53 123