I've always been curious why Vietnam seems to leak a lot of devices and do a lot of exclusive videos on BlackBerrys. Does anyone know what kind of relationship BB has with VN?

The devices aren't made there and as far as I know there isn't a huge BlackBerry office there. BlackBerry interest in the country isn't huge as I've been there twice in the last few years and I don't see people using BBRY.

You'd think the source of these leaks would come from Waterloo ON instead of halfway around the world.

Any thoughts? Guesses?
    alaviss likes this.
    10-08-14 02:45 PM
    They're BFF's

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 03:22 PM
    BB has VN on BBM?
    10-08-14 03:59 PM
    Good question, I'd expect the leaks to come from Mexico,.. but who knows.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 04:01 PM
    They're BFF's

Posted via CB10
    More like friends with benefits!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:14 PM
    I'm curious about this as well :/

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:44 PM
    I guess no one knows or can't say because the communist are watching!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:39 AM
    I guess no one knows or can't say because the communist are watching!

Posted via CB10
    C'mon, dont say stuff like that, we're not north korea. Basically some guys in tinhte and bbvn have connection to BB employees, and because BB fanbase in VN is huge, these news about new leaked BB devices seem to be good things to write about, to attract people coming to their sites. And not only BB, we are the first to leak tizen os, ipod touch 5 (the first one with camera), first macbook with plastic case, first ip4...

Posted via CB10
    ronfc, jefbeard911, Uzi and 1 others like this.
    10-09-14 12:52 PM
    C'mon, dont say stuff like that, we're not north korea. Basically some guys in tinhte and bbvn have connection to BB employees, and because BB fanbase in VN is huge, these news about new leaked BB devices seem to be good things to write about, to attract people coming to their sites. And not only BB, we are the first to leak tizen os, ipod touch 5 (the first one with camera), first macbook with plastic case, first ip4...

Posted via CB10
    I'm just joking about that stuff. I love VN.

Is there a large BB following in VN? As mentioned in the OP when I visited, I didn't see many people using BlackBerrys.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-09-14 01:07 PM
    Zed3 in Saigon here...

Blackberry doesn't have a big "official" presence but there are BlackBerry dealers, Mai Nguyen Mobile, Dauden,some others. We are also under the umbrella of the Indochina Director at BlackBerry who also handles the other SE Asian countries.

While iphones, Nokia WP, and Samsung dominate, BlackBerry does have a following. Keep in mind also that BB doesn't have the stigma attached to it that it does in Western countries. Noone will laugh or question you if your rockin' a Z3, Z10, or even a 9900 or Curve.

I'd like to see more advertising here and an official BlackBerry store (the last one here closed in 2013) for support. But we got what we got. Can't wait to see the Passport on the 24th!

via CB10 from my awesome BlackBerry Z3
    VR6 likes this.
    10-09-14 01:30 PM
    That's really good to hear that there's a following. When I traveled there it was more of a curiosity than any sort of stigma.

I had to get my sim card reloaded with creds but didn't now how to do it. So they nice hotel concierge helped me and didn't know how to wake it.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    10-09-14 02:10 PM
    Those programmers out of Vietnam sure are good. Viet Hop ESX comes in handy. I'm surprised BlackBerry allows it in BlackBerry World given that it allows access to the engineering screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:19 AM