As you may or may not know, BlackBerry 10.2 is making its rounds through leaks and will officially be available come October depending upon carrier roll outs. The common question asked of course is, what's new? What does BlackBerry 10.2 offer that previous versions didn't? While this is in no way a definitive list, it does cover plenty of the highlights of 10.2 and what it offers you as a BlackBerry 10 smartphone owner.
    What's new in BlackBerry 10.2?-1.jpgWhat's new in BlackBerry 10.2?-2.jpg
    What's new in BlackBerry 10.2?-3.jpg
    What's new in BlackBerry 10.2?-4.jpg
    What's new in BlackBerry 10.2?-5.jpg
    What's new in BlackBerry 10.2?-6.jpg
    What's new in BlackBerry 10.2?-7.jpg
    10-09-13 12:57 AM
    Thank's Bla1ze for the info.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-09-13 01:17 AM
    I hope it's sooner than later.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk now Free
    10-09-13 01:25 AM
    This is what I'm talking about: be like Apple. Make every feature sound cool even though it's not that powerful/important.

And I'm not saying the feature started aren't awesome. They are. I wish WiFi direct was available for the Z10.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    10-09-13 02:08 AM
    Didn't we hear that Wi-Fi Direct will be available for Z10 without support for Miracast.
    Now, it looks like BlackBerry has given it a complete miss.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 03:19 AM
    Thanks it's great to have most features listed in one place

Posted via Zed10 using CB10
    10-09-13 07:02 AM
    Thanks for that, never knew about attachment view which I have already used and saved me some time

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 07:16 AM
    isn't the battery 2880 mAh
    10-11-13 09:36 AM
    Didn't we hear that Wi-Fi Direct will be available for Z10 without support for Miracast.
    Now, it looks like BlackBerry has given it a complete miss.

Posted via CB10
    Eh, since WiFi direct is software based, I think they simply omit Z10 due to the fact that they don't wanna cite "can WiFi direct but can't Miracast" and cause further confusion, so they just write it off instead.

I'm sure that Z10 will still be able to enjoy WiFi direct, and hopefully they'll take into account STL 100-1's WiFi chip and we 100-1 owners can enjoy Miracast too.

The irony is the fact that where STL 100-1 gets sold is where you'll be less likely to have even heard of Miracast. Go figure

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    10-11-13 09:48 AM
    Simon posted the exhaustive list of everything new in 10.2 today.

What caught my eye was the auto-reply for a declined call. This was interesting to me because, on my desktop, I often use the "canned response" feature on Gmail or the Quicktext extension on Thunderbird. In both, you can send a previously set response to an email very quickly. Does anyone know of something coming that is similar for the Hub compose? [Maybe this isn't exactly the forum to ask, but the parallels with the new phone feature got me interested].
    10-16-13 12:25 PM
    How come i dont see anything about sending videos via bbm? we need a low res video we can send over bbm. they better fix this too before launching cross platform
    10-17-13 09:37 PM
    Thank you. It�s amazing that there is no Speed Dial from HomeScreen option yet (see Brainstorming BB10: Please fix Speed Dialing on the BlackBerry Q10! | CrackBerry.com )
    and a fix to make sure that contacts are sync in a way that they can be looked up via the phone app.

These two issues have been discussed in several posts.
    10-20-13 10:24 PM
    One nice addition in 10.2 if you're on the Rogers Wireless plan is that Visual Voicemail works within the Hub.
    10-23-13 12:36 PM
    Eh, since WiFi direct is software based, I think they simply omit Z10 due to the fact that they don't wanna cite "can WiFi direct but can't Miracast" and cause further confusion, so they just write it off instead.

I'm sure that Z10 will still be able to enjoy WiFi direct, and hopefully they'll take into account STL 100-1's WiFi chip and we 100-1 owners can enjoy Miracast too.

The irony is the fact that where STL 100-1 gets sold is where you'll be less likely to have even heard of Miracast. Go figure

Z10 STL100-1/10.1.0.4633
    How is Miracast related to Wi-Fi Direct? | Wi-Fi Alliance

So if I understand this correctly, I have my Netgear PTV3000 (and Z10 of course), which supports Miracast + WIDI (not to be confused with Wi-fi Direct).
    I should be able to connect to the PTV3000 over Wi-fi, but because the software isn't enabled won't be able to do much else?

Really love the PTV3000, and use it with my Nexus 7 over WIDI. It's about 90% there...streaming Netflix it is a tad choppy every 15-20 seconds on the big screen but fine on the tablet. Streaming a video on the tablet is near perfect. If I could stream at say 720p for now until they figure out how to speed up 1080p I can almost guarantee it would be perfect.

Note, for everything else it's perfectly fine, gaming will likely be like Netflix, however sharing the screen for apps / music / etc is fine.
    10-24-13 07:50 AM
    Automotive Integration problem:

I repaired my Z10 with my vehicle (My Ford Touch) and have not gotten a prompt so that I can set 'My Car.' Anyone else with this problem? Is there another setting or is this a problem on the Ford software end?
    10-24-13 07:16 PM
    should I install 10.2 on my Q10? or should I wait? any major issues with this version?
    10-29-13 12:31 PM
    I've just gone from a Curve 9360 to a Q5 and wow what a difference, seems so much more modern than the old BIS model. The only thing I've noticed so far is that with BIS I would often receive mail before it even arrived in my provides system, now I guess it only syncs every few minutes. The phone feels really nice so far and looking forward to exploring it further over the next few days. It's not going to change my world, only a phone after all but feels a good step forward and much nicer than my work Android.
    10-30-13 05:03 PM
    There seems to be another change / a new feature in 10.2

After the update (via Sachesi) I get in the phone app, when I pull down from "nearly" the top the following screen.
    What does this "Unknown Number / My Blackberry" means? What's the purpose? And how can I configure it?
    What's new in BlackBerry 10.2?-img_00000173.png
    10-30-13 06:22 PM
    should I install 10.2 on my Q10? or should I wait? any major issues with this version?
    I loooove the new cut/copy/paste toolbar: I still would like to have a virtual trackpad but it much, much easier to edit mail etc.
    I love the new edit for calendar entries.
    I have the feeling the suggestion list is improved - My frequent contacts show up at the top of the list
    I like that the Companies (without a first/last name) are shown seperately in Contacts.

From time to time I get a white theme in Contacts; the contacts were messed up (slightly) after the upgrade, the Remember app lost its Active Frame; I have the feeling the battery drains faster.

Not sure if I like the Priority Hub - the lock screen notifications are nice but not thought through (you can't open an mail from the lock screen which would make more sense).
    Still no option to lock the phone without setting an autolock.

Is it worth it? Not sure
    Shall you wait? Not sure either
    Are there major issues? No, my update went smooth but there are a lot of minor issues (see the 10.2 bugs thread)
    10-30-13 06:30 PM
    Thanks for all the info, really liking the new OS update
    11-05-13 01:27 PM
    Installed 10.2 on my Q10 last night and am wondering what the purpose is for the new hub icon on the home screen. A swipe to the right opens hub and the led is set to show me activity, why would i want this cluttering up a tidy set of icons for accessing apps?
    11-06-13 10:02 AM
    Installed 10.2 on my Q10 last night and am wondering what the purpose is for the new hub icon on the home screen. A swipe to the right opens hub and the led is set to show me activity, why would i want this cluttering up a tidy set of icons for accessing apps?
    At least you can delete the hub icon. I wish I could just hide the permanent icons that I'm not using. As of now, they all go in a folder named "unused".
    11-08-13 02:47 AM
    Yep I was hoping to hear hw someone was making good use of the shortcut. Deleted it is. I place for bloatware icons is called "Fluff & Stuff".
    11-08-13 09:33 PM
    There seems to be another change / a new feature in 10.2

After the update (via Sachesi) I get in the phone app, when I pull down from "nearly" the top the following screen.
    What does this "Unknown Number / My Blackberry" means? What's the purpose? And how can I configure it?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000173.png 
Views:	864 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	215822
    I was also mad looking for this as this is my work phone and never rememeber its number .

it is in settings - security - sim card

Posted via CB10
    allwi likes this.
    11-09-13 04:09 AM
    Hello to all!
    After official update of my OS to 10.2.0.424 I practically can`t use my telephone. Contacts are running very slow. After making of any call from the phone - call window is not disappear for 20-30 seconds.
    I can`t even edit my contacts, i.e. can not erase any contact from the list or add new contacts.
    Please help!!!
    11-12-13 04:33 AM
29 12