Hi,

A year ago I needed a new business phone so moved from my classic (had issue) to a new iphone.
    Great phone. But I am at a point that I need a seperate private phone and tada gonna be a blackberry. And I dont need much but kinda need Whatsapp cause family and friends are spread all over the country and they have all android/iod devices and nobody really want to instal bbm.

So I was wondering, what is the deal with whatsapp and BB10, I hear its still supported but doesnt work. There is a 3rd party app that doesnt work. If I get a classic now can I still use whatsapp on it?
    09-15-17 11:41 AM
    It's supported for the next three and a half months. Beyond that, you can try your luck with the Android version, which may or may not work.
    09-15-17 01:08 PM
    Now yes (old version anyway), four months from now... no one really knows. How much do you like gambling?
    09-15-17 01:20 PM
    How can i get the old version on my classic please?
    09-16-17 05:43 AM
    BlackBerry world

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 06:12 AM
    It's not working on my classic. If i try to put my number. Click next it says its too old and I should update but no new update in app world
    09-16-17 06:17 AM
    On my Passport it's work after using android whatsapp. Try it may be it will work too.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 01:51 PM
    I installed the android apk on my Z10 and it works fine. (link Download WhatsApp Messenger APK | downloadAPK.net)
    You would have to do some post installation settings to allow whatsapp access to your media files on in the memory tough
    09-17-17 04:13 AM
    Works on my passportget warning saying no longer supported though!

Swiped on my Passport!
    09-17-17 06:35 AM
    On my Passport it's work after using android whatsapp. Try it may be it will work too.

Posted via CB10
    HOWdo i diwload android apps onto passport? would love to do this
    09-17-17 07:40 AM
    For those who didn't install Android WA + WA Fix, don't want to risk if it works or whatever...
    I have a BB Classic and this works..for now

1. Change your Date to 1.1.2018.
    2. Now, open WA via icon in your menu, send some test message to someone and get a reply one.
    3. While still in WA(don't close it, just minimize) change your date in phone Settings, put everything back to normal/auto update.
    4. Exit Settings, Exit WA.
    Now you should be able to communicate with everybody from existing Chats entering WA Chat ONLY via BB Hub. Just avoid entering WA via app icon. Enter your Chats only over BB Hub!
    From my experience, you can repeat these steps anytime if you enter WA via main menu icon by mistake.

It's a bit silly, but it works and my phone is up to date and everything works as usuall.

Cheers
    01-17-18 07:44 AM
    Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 07:52 AM
    Completely bemused by all the submissions (in ALL the very many threads) that bemoan the passing of WhatsApp. I make regular visits to any and all of the APK repositories on the web such as uptodown and when there's a new version I download it and install it. Just this minute I'm up to version 2.18.15. Contact lists, past histories, chatting, calling, video calling, .., all work. All this on an ancient Z10 STL 100-4 running OS 3.2.2876 SR 3.2.2836. I had to buy a replacement to run 3.2 because I had upgraded to 3.3 losing a LOT of functionality and could not regress.(But of course, why should one be able to? Grrr!)
    WhatsApp does not show up in the Hub but I believe this has been common to all versions. Annoying but true.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-18 09:15 AM