Another security flaw reported

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 04:24 PM
    Works better and more features than bbm.
    So...
    more features and stability < secure bbm ..

Posted via CB10
    amjass12 likes this.
    03-12-14 04:32 PM
    Works better and more features than bbm.
    So...
    more features and stability < secure bbm ..

Posted via CB10
    More feature? No voice call, no message read confirmation, no Glympse

Posted via CB10
    pfl4ume and dusdal like this.
    03-12-14 04:34 PM

Posted via CB10
    Multi pic, multi emoticons, backup convo. Smoother! Who cares about glympse. I use that other stuff way before glympse.

Posted via CB10
    anon5814103 likes this.
    03-12-14 04:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just like how BB10 phones are better, yet Android and iOS dominate?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-12-14 05:02 PM
    Multi pic, multi emoticons, backup convo. Smoother! Who cares about glympse. I use that other stuff way before glympse.

Posted via CB10
    Still don't see how you see that WhatsApp has more feature!

But if you mean you prefer whatsapp, then yeah, it's a matter of taste. But i think feature wise, BBM is much further ahead.

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    03-12-14 08:34 PM
    wait till the next BBM generation comes up then.. yeah.. it will be another YEAAAAAH!
    03-12-14 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    So, not more features then.

Posted via CB10
    sickyute likes this.
    03-13-14 12:01 AM
    No screen share.
    No video.
    No Glympse.
    No thanks.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 01:21 AM
    Here we go again......sigh.

Posted by my GINORMOUS Z30
    03-13-14 01:30 AM
    Wow whatsapp is better? Tell me more. Ppl I know who used whatsapp have shifted to bbm. Oh btw from next year please pay $1 a year to use whatsapp. Bbm shall remain free. Crystal clear calling on bbm. Faster msg sending and delivery and read is superb. Emoticons I dont use all btw dont you need to select those from options where as you can type emoitcons on bbm.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 03:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's pretty obvious when someone has read ur message.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 04:34 AM
    No screen share.
    No video.
    No Glympse.
    No thanks.

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp will eventually support these features and nothing will change. It will still be the ruling instant messaging service on the planet.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 04:35 AM
    Wow whatsapp is better? Tell me more. Ppl I know who used whatsapp have shifted to bbm. Oh btw from next year please pay $1 a year to use whatsapp. Bbm shall remain free. Crystal clear calling on bbm. Faster msg sending and delivery and read is superb. Emoticons I dont use all btw dont you need to select those from options where as you can type emoitcons on bbm.

Posted via CB10
    Try learning to type the 200 new emoticons on bbm. I think people will still be selecting them from the option. And if you want multiple smileys. U have ti keep opening the smileys sections cos when u choose one it brings back the keyboard. WhatsApp does not do this.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 04:37 AM
    According to me whastapp and blakberry really complement each other very well.
    03-13-14 04:50 AM
    Try learning to type the 200 new emoticons on bbm. I think people will still be selecting them from the option. And if you want multiple smileys. U have ti keep opening the smileys sections cos when u choose one it brings back the keyboard. WhatsApp does not do this.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. First of all I am not a fan of using emoticons. Secondly I dont use bbm or whatsapp for emoticons rather I use for quick communication and in my experience bbm is much faster. Secondly I like to know if my msg was read or not. Imessage on iPhone also uses D and R which people like and didnt know was copied from bbm. Non the less 450 million users compared to maybe 100m of bbm is something but would see how many people use it after being charged with $1 yearly
    And another reason for using bbm over whatsapp due to privacy. Anyone having my number can contact me over whatsapp. Where as bbm is in my control giving me authority whom to talk with. And for me that matters

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 05:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    How? The "last seen" feature is gone now.

And on iPhone, when I see one tick, sometime people say they read my message, some say they haven't read. When I see two ticks, same problem. it's more confusing than text messaging.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 05:39 AM
    How? The "last seen" feature is gone now.

And on iPhone, when I see one tick, sometime people say they read my message, some say they haven't read. When I see two ticks, same problem. it's more confusing than text messaging.

Posted via CB10
    Single tick means message from your end is sent. Second tick means message received. It does not mean it has been read or not. And can ask whatsapp team for clearance.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 05:54 AM
    Lol. First of all I am not a fan of using emoticons. Secondly I dont use bbm or whatsapp for emoticons rather I use for quick communication and in my experience bbm is much faster. Secondly I like to know if my msg was read or not. Imessage on iPhone also uses D and R which people like and didnt know was copied from bbm. Non the less 450 million users compared to maybe 100m of bbm is something but would see how many people use it after being charged with $1 yearly
    And another reason for using bbm over whatsapp due to privacy. Anyone having my number can contact me over whatsapp. Where as bbm is in my control giving me authority whom to talk with. And for me that matters

I understand that for you it matters. but you have to look at the bigger picture. People in the world do use smileys.1$ yearly is also not expensive (for your average smartphone user). you will find that people will actually pay that for a service they deem suited to their needs. otherwise everyone would be on bbm now.

and most people dont mind about the phone number situation., i think you are blowing the phone number thing out of proportion a little bit. most people who have your number but dont talk to you normally anyway are not likely to message you on whatsapp just because they alos have you on whatsapp. I have over 200 phone number contacts, and i have about 15 conversations. all of those i actually speak to. none of the rest actually bother me just because we have each other on whatsapp. and if the situation does arise, you can block people on whatsapp. its actually similar with bbm tbh. while ur list is selective. when i was using bbm, i found i ended up not talking to half the people. noone of them bothered me just cos we had each other on bbm... but the option to block and delete was there! just as it is on whastapp. your privacy issue, is not really an issue i think. imo of course.

just to answer the thing about read messages. no u can never tell with 100% certainty that someone on whatsapp has read your message unless they reply or tell you.

one tick means it has been sent to the server. 2 ticks mean the message has been sent to the phone but that does NOT mean they have read your message.

the last seen feature is the biggestr giveaway. someone said it doesn exist nymore. it does exist, but the option to hide last seen has been added. the majority of people wont use this feature as it doesnt bother them. so, if the person u messaged was last seen after you sent them a message, and ur message has 2 ticks, its very likely they have read your message. they have come on to whatsapp// even just to read someone elses message. they know their last seen status will be updated. they might as well read ur message even if they dont reply. if they say they didnt open it... its likely they did. but its the same with bbm. while u cant read the entire message without converting the d to r, if u choose to delay ur reply, u can be sure they have likely seen that u sent a a bbm, and saw the firs tline of ur message but just didnt reply till later.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 06:26 AM
    sorry i replied within ur reply. i didnt realise.... this is always happenign to m,e lool
    03-13-14 06:26 AM
    It works good on both touch and non-touch devices.
    03-13-14 06:42 AM
    Single tick means message from your end is sent. Second tick means message received. It does not mean it has been read or not. And can ask whatsapp team for clearance.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I know. But on iPhone and windows phone, one tick can also mean that it's received and read, but the app wasn't opened!

That's why it's so confusing!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not with the new privacy settings if ain't

Posted via CB10 running on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    03-13-14 07:24 AM
    Not with the new privacy settings if ain't

The new privacy settings are a toggles you can chose to remain unseen. If u don't switch that feature on, things are normal. So far no one I know has used this feature. But of course that's not indicative of an overall trend.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:37 AM
    The new privacy settings are a toggles you can chose to remain unseen. If u don't switch that feature on, things are normal. So far no one I know has used this feature. But of course that's not indicative of an overall trend.

Posted via CB10
    I know it's an option, never said it wasn't . I use it and it seems to be getting under some people's skin - lol.

amjass12 likes this.
    03-13-14 07:43 AM
33 12