What will happen once what's app stops supporting blackberry phones. Will you still be able to use the app or will they make it obsolete.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 06:23 AM
    you wont be able to use it on a BlackBerry phone. It will stop you
    11-29-16 06:34 AM
    you wont be able to use it on a BlackBerry phone. It will stop you
    On Priv also? Bcz it's platform is Android.
    11-29-16 07:15 AM
    On Priv also? Bcz it's platform is Android.
    BB's Android phones are not affected by this, since they fully support the normal WA Android app that hundreds of millions of people use.
    11-29-16 07:21 AM
    What will happen once what's app stops supporting blackberry phones. Will you still be able to use the app or will they make it obsolete.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Maybe they will have a change of heart and continue to extend the "blackout" date again. It has happened once, so let's hope it happens for many years. haha
    11-29-16 10:26 AM

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Good lord, we thought these questions/threads would start in May and here we are not even through November!

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-29-16 12:43 PM
    Whatsapp stops for bb10 just download the android version and carry on...

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 01:44 PM
    Very easy. We continue to hope That Whatsapp will continue supported on BB 10 native app (precarious support as well, just look at the video issue) forever but you will can install the version of Android on your BB10-WA and use that.
    It works good, with it you can send videos, photos, you can Also make video calls, and is fluid
    Whatsapp tries to kill us, but we will never die.
    11-29-16 02:40 PM
    I want to know why Whatsapp extended the execution date in the first place. Do they know something that we don't? I am just hoping that Google has seen sense to let BB use Googleplay, so bring forward a whole to OS. However, I think I could just be fantasying
    11-29-16 03:35 PM
    I want to know why Whatsapp extended the execution date in the first place. Do they know something that we don't? I am just hoping that Google has seen sense to let BB use Googleplay, so bring forward a whole to OS. However, I think I could just be fantasying
    I would bet that even with Google Play Chen and his group would not be able to sell phones. They have no marketing chops. The switch to Android did not fix this.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-16 05:14 PM
    It's probably some combination of the number of users being greater than expected at this point and/or the maintenance cost being lower than projected.

On the Google question, how would it make any sense for Google to allow Play on BB10?
    11-29-16 06:49 PM