So since I've had my Z10, I've been very cautious with my apps. I've not sideloaded any Android apps, and been very picky about what apps I do download.
    The only native apps that ate into my battery were BlackBerry Travel and WhatsApp.
    Travel was because of the email scanning, WhatsApp was granted special permissions to integrate with the Hub, so I expected a battery hit.

The first Android port I installed was Ebay. It was awful, killed my battery.
    Then last week I tried some app in the store called clone camera. Same deal, Android app, killed my battery.

What bothers me is, first of all we've got this limited multitasking on BB10, 8 Active frames only, what I don't get is how these apps, when they're closed, so not even Active Framed, how are they still affecting the battery life?
    Both Ebay and Clone Camera continue sapping the battery even when they're not running.
    What's going on?

If this a problem with BB10's multitasking or the Android emulator not closing down apps even when it looks like they're closed?

I want to try sideloading a few apps but I'm worried any Android app I load will massacre my battery, and I really wish BlackBerry would let us know which apps are native and which aren't, Clone Camera doesn't even work and the dev won't respond to any emails.

Anyone got any idea on why apps that are closed and not active framed are still able to kill the battery?
    04-28-13 04:21 PM
    Don't sideload anything.
    BLu likes this.
    04-28-13 05:14 PM
    So since I've had my Z10, I've been very cautious with my apps. I've not sideloaded any Android apps, and been very picky about what apps I do download.
    The only native apps that ate into my battery were BlackBerry Travel and WhatsApp.
    Travel was because of the email scanning, WhatsApp was granted special permissions to integrate with the Hub, so I expected a battery hit.

The first Android port I installed was Ebay. It was awful, killed my battery.
    Then last week I tried some app in the store called clone camera. Same deal, Android app, killed my battery.

What bothers me is, first of all we've got this limited multitasking on BB10, 8 Active frames only, what I don't get is how these apps, when they're closed, so not even Active Framed, how are they still affecting the battery life?
    Both Ebay and Clone Camera continue sapping the battery even when they're not running.
    What's going on?

If this a problem with BB10's multitasking or the Android emulator not closing down apps even when it looks like they're closed?

I want to try sideloading a few apps but I'm worried any Android app I load will massacre my battery, and I really wish BlackBerry would let us know which apps are native and which aren't, Clone Camera doesn't even work and the dev won't respond to any emails.

Anyone got any idea on why apps that are closed and not active framed are still able to kill the battery?
    Have u tried pressing the 'X' symbol on the app for like 4 seconds to completely close the app and not just put it into a frozen state
    04-28-13 05:19 PM
    Doesn't matter with android apps. Even if you long hold, the runtime is still running a process in the background. some android apps have that issue.

Posted via CB10 - FINALLY
    04-28-13 05:30 PM