I really hope that the TAT concepts make it. They cocked up the PlayBook, look what it is capable of doing. Love my little tablet but could have been so much more! Poor execution. Poor follow through, they should have given TAT complete control over the PlayBook. And then followed there lead when designing ui for bb10. Bring back gestures playbooks have add and then add more. Well here's to hoping!!
    Guess we will all have to wait and see if they can deliver, I'm positive they have talented enough staff. Management needs some serious updating.

Rant over(for now)

Posted via CB10
    I am right there with you. Hoping for the best from these guys. Maybe they will finally put their marvelous concepts to use. Heretofore, it was "hey, look at what cool stuff we can make devices do." Yet, that cool stuff never appeared. The cascades framework is TAT of course, but none of the their gimmicky ideas have fully appeared in BlackBerry 10. I want that to change.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:09 PM
    Sure, but it was the founder and design leads that left, not some interns.
    As fat as working together in the future,maybe, but they must have left for a reason. They may not wish to work with blackberry again.
    For certain. I realize that. I saw the article when it was posted on CrackBerry. There are still a great number of those guys left at BlackBerry. I think they will be okay. As far as the old TAT regime not wanting to work with BlackBerry again, that could be the case. Who knows at this point? Maybe we will see at some point.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 04:15 PM
    Here is what I would like to see:

-Main Volume: this should control the volume of all sound, not just media/apps.
    -A quick snippet of system performance/usage in Peak.
    -The ability to customize Peak.
    -The ability to fully customize Hub.
    -Having...ugh...forgetting the name of things...keeping the task bar above all apps. Or at least having the choice to have it displayed. --Sure, I can peak at it, but it would be nice to be able to see the clock, battery, and network strength when I am in an app without having to peak at it.
    -Having some things like System Settings and Phone not go into active tile mode when you swipe out, much like how the Text Message and Hub apps (or thumbnails?) don't do this.
    -Having the ability to set widgets on the home screen, but still having active tiles below. Or, just having widgets on any page.
    -The ability to turn active tiles on/off or at least being able to customize (select) which apps go active or not. For example, I really do not need, or want, BlackBerry World to go active. When I swipe out, I am done with it. Or the emoji app.
    -Something like Google Now that can be used to display the most accessed info (like weather, clock, calendar, etc.) and as a quick launcher for the most used apps.
    -Creating a new homepage that would display the "BlackBerry Now", widgets, and what ever. Active Tiles can still have their own page.
    -A UI overhaul that is both modern and professional. What should it look like? I dunno, but none of the 3D crud in the YouTube video.
    -Apps in BlackBerry World that are demos should just say they are demos, not "This app has items for sale". Not exactly related to BB10.3
    -The ability to set apps as default. For example; having Evolution open every time a url is clicked in BBM, SMS, etc.

There are probably others, but that is it for now.

Hey everybody,
    So after the rumored 10.3 OS in an article on BlackBerryItalia arrived recently (for which I will put the link at the end), is it true? Do you guys have any idea if we will have 10.3 or will it rather be released as 11 ?

Also, if it is released, what would you like to see ?
    I'll start by saying a re-furbished UI would be great, love BB 10 but could be more modern like the photo I am attaching here. Also, what everybody has always loved... THEMES ! I mean, who doesn't like to change his icons and how they are set ? (Attachment 222028

Tell us in the comments and let's talk about it !

link for BlackBerryItalia : BlackBerry - BlackBerry 10 R099, BB10 con tastiera fisica QWERTY e schermo 4"
    R Field likes this.
    11-20-13 04:45 PM
    I would be happy to stay with BlackBerry 10 for two years. Probably six like iOS did from 2007 to 2013.

Although it does need some additions like emojis for a start. Support the quality apps like Whine and iGrann as our own.

A lot of people do not know about these apps. Also music is another concern, people ask me where to buy music as BBW is pooh!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-13 05:38 PM
    Oh nvm, it only shows for an specific app I want a general one?

Posted via CB10
    Buy this one it's a dollar.

Check out Data Usage Counter for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/28015159

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    11-20-13 09:25 PM
    BlackBerry wouldn't send over one of their biggest assets (Gary Klassen) over to live in Sweden without a good reason. He's obviously working with them on some great things. See tilt UI/BlackBerry Express. Good things are in the works I'm sure.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    Last edited by R Field; 11-21-13 at 05:02 AM.
    Crackberrykills likes this.
    11-20-13 09:28 PM
    Buy this one it's a dollar.

Check out Data Usage Counter for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/28015159

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    I have it but j wanted one from blackberry, a good looking one

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 04:27 AM
    I think yer meaning a holster profile like in the legacy Oz 7 devices.

Posted Via CB10/SQN-100-3 luvn leak 10.2.1.1055
    11-21-13 05:56 AM
    10.2.1 it's all there

Attachment 222680
    Attachment 222682

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    Omg! Does that mean I won't need a data monitoring app again?! And does it show general and app specific too like android or only general?

Posted via CB10
    11-21-13 06:52 AM
    I think all that you guys said is all true.

Yes, there are a lot of things missing from BlackBerry 10. And it's important stuff. Like panorama, customisation, etc. BUT BlackBerry 10 is still young and it is a very good platform. I honestly think that if BB10 would've came out on other phones than BlackBerry (because BlackBerry now has a bad image), they would sell. A lot.
    11-22-13 04:48 PM
    the pics above aren't the same as Jolla Jolla ?
    Last edited by elite1; 11-22-13 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Unnecessary external link removed
    11-22-13 05:26 PM
    the pics above aren't the same as Jolla Jolla ?
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Yes those pics were of that Jolla Jolla device. The poster was giving them as an example for more modern UI elements.
    11-22-13 06:14 PM
    Omg! Does that mean I won't need a data monitoring app again?! And does it show general and app specific too like android or only general?

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't show a general data list but your carrier app does that already no? It shows data used by individual apps.

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.1.1055
    11-22-13 10:43 PM
    Quick reply from lock screen.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    11-23-13 01:50 PM
    Z10 stole a lot of the elements from the last meego device, why not steal a few of jollas too!! Joke :-)

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 02:03 PM
    Sure, but it was the founder and design leads that left, not some interns.
    As fat as working together in the future,maybe, but they must have left for a reason. They may not wish to work with blackberry again.
    They formed a new company called TOPP
    But they have put the work they did with BlackBerry in their page.

I also wrote to them and they are friendly. They will work for BlackBerry if BlackBerry offers them a project.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-13 02:32 PM
    - More options for activities triggered by NFC tags (eg set brightness to x, set volume to y)
    - Media player able to rotate. Ability to customise playing screen would be good, too.
    - Data services on/off by application (eg BBM & email on, Twitter & Facebook off)
    - Wifi management (BBOS app that toggled wifi based on particular cell tower location). Or geofencing as a control point.
    - Improved Bridge - allow it to work as a BT mouse/keyboard for anything, not just Playbook (like it used to be)
    - Choice of fonts (and font size) for clock - better chance of me seeing it without my glasses
    - HUD mode - reverse the screen output.
    - Sub folders
    - Ability to position icons, not be forced to have 4 all horizontally
    - Panoramic camera
    - More options to control screen switch off - by app and/or more time options (including "never")
    - BBM video to Playbook Video chat enabled.
    - Wifi calling for all
    - Notification profile scheduling
    - Auto on/off
    - "Launch on start up"
    - Word wrap improvements in browser when zooming in
    You Rock! Add in colored led notifications for calls and full charge and Bluetooth on my ear telling me whose calling or at least the ringtone I set (Nokia had it 6 years ago)...

Trusted Member Genius
    11-24-13 05:12 AM
    I still don't believe how they haven't out coloured LED notifications... I mean one if the big things with BlackBerry is the red LED signalling for a message and it would be great if they would Include coloured LED !

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 02:20 PM
    When I use Bbm video or Bbm voice instead of showing only the time I used the service also show the amount of data it used. It's a data service primarily so let me know how much data it's using.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    11-24-13 03:27 PM
    When I use Bbm video or Bbm voice instead of showing only the time I used the service also show the amount of data it used. It's a data service primarily so let me know how much data it's using.

Posted via CB10
    Good idea I have to say.

Posted via CB10
    11-25-13 05:19 PM
    I agree 100% - the dial pad can be cleaned up and refined a bit. I hate hate hate how big and long the END CALL button is. I feel it should be smaller and towards the center of the screen maybe, I just know its unnecessarily large.
    Personally, I don't want a drastic UI change as BlackBerry 10 is pretty easy to use and efficient. 10.2.1 makes it even more so. I'm not even attracted to whatever os is pictured in the original post... the only change I want is for the dial pad and phone screen to look as polished as the keyboard and rest of the os... 10.2 has the right look on the answer screen just not the dial pad

Posted via CB10
    08-05-14 09:33 PM
    I agree 100% - the dial pad can be cleaned up and refined a bit. I hate hate hate how big and long the END CALL button is. I feel it should be smaller and towards the center of the screen maybe, I just know its unnecessarily large.
    The end call button is huge and I hit it accidentally often and hang up on my calls. Annoying! I wish they had something like "slide to hang up" just so it's a little harder to hang up.

Posted via CB10
    MaxR_A likes this.
    08-06-14 09:36 PM
    The end call button is huge and I hit it accidentally often and hang up on my calls. Annoying! I wish they had something like "slide to hang up" just so it's a little harder to hang up.

Posted via CB10
    How did you manage to press the end button call accidentally? Your screen supposed to be unresponsive when you're calling due to the proximity sensors.
    08-06-14 09:41 PM
    How did you manage to press the end button call accidentally? Your screen supposed to be unresponsive when you're calling due to the proximity sensors.
    Lol. It's when I have my headset on. I go to reach up top to hit a button with my thumb but the lower part of my thumb or bottom left of my Palm which is part of my thumb touches the end button.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 09:58 PM
    I would like to see custom profiles like in the old days.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 04:15 AM
99 1234