OpenOffice is one of the best alternatives to MS Office. As a productivity suit, what might it mean as a differentiator of the BB10 OS if OpenOffice were to be available native to BB10 before Android or iOS. Could this be the killer App.
    03-28-13 11:06 AM
    OpenOffice is one of the best alternatives to MS Office. As a productivity suit, what might it mean as a differentiator of the BB10 OS if OpenOffice were to be available native to BB10 before Android or iOS. Could this be the killer App.
    Documents to Go is already there and FREE.
    BB10fanatic likes this.
    03-28-13 11:24 AM
    Can you create new documents, or only open and edit existing? From their website it only uses the specific language "open documents", not create documents.
    03-28-13 11:35 AM
    You can create documents I think it's only the presentation application that you can't yet

Posted on CB10 via Z10
    BB10fanatic likes this.
    03-28-13 11:37 AM
    You can create documents I think it's only the presentation application that you can't yet

Posted on CB10 via Z10
    "Other Key Premium Features Include:

Create new Word, Excel and PowerPoint files...."

From their website.
    03-28-13 11:41 AM
    On my Z10, when I open Docs To Go, I have the option to "Create doc" or "Create xls" so as previously stated, the only thing you can't create is a new Powerpoint file.

From their app on my phone.
    BB10fanatic likes this.
    03-28-13 11:45 AM
    I'm thinking of productivity software that will bleed over into their next tablet efforts. I don't have experience with DataVIZ, do you see it as something that would shine on the next playbook effort from BBRY, or is it just adequate?
    03-28-13 11:52 AM
    OpenOffice or LibreOffice would be good to have if they were able to offer more features than docs to go.
    I'm not sure if docs to go can open the OpenOffice format or not. So that would also be a bonus.

Posted via CB10
    gzkpez and BB10fanatic like this.
    03-28-13 12:08 PM
    Thornstein has been talking about the phone replacing the PC. The development of a truly capable productivity suit would align with these goals. It DataVIZ is up to the task then great. If not I hope they are actively developing an alternative.
    03-28-13 12:13 PM
    I found that Docs To Go on my "old" 9810 to be much more powerful than the version on my Z10 (and playbook). The version on my Z10 seems to be so much more limited. I'm not a power user BY ANY MEANS, but I can't even freeze panes. I tried sideloading OfficeSuite and it seems much better than Docs To Go. I would love to see Docs get updated to a more "complete" product.
    03-28-13 01:53 PM
    A large portion of OpenOffice requires Java, which means that it would not work on BB10 because BB10 doesn't have java.

Information for downloaders: Java & Apache OpenOffice, OpenOffice.org
    03-28-13 01:59 PM
    What exactly is the expectation here? Microsoft office is a program that costs a load of money. Docs To Go is a free app. Are people seriously expecting to have the same functionality as Office? I think it's absolutely wonderful that I have the ability to open, create and edit excel and word documents. It's better than other platforms get, and it doesn't cost you anything.

More functionality would be great, but let's be honest here, for a no charge option, it's pretty damn fantastic.

JB

Posted from my brain via CB10
    03-30-13 10:15 AM
    Having used OOO/Libre Office on PC and Linux, I can safely say that it's a bloated mess and should stay far away from everything. If there's something to be done, it should be improvements to DTG.
    03-30-13 11:30 AM
    I'd like to see smart office be brought over to the z10. I for one use a lot of excel files on my z10 and I'd love the option to have two files open at the same time (one open in docs to go and one in smart office). I have smart office on my PlayBook and it works perfectly.
    In fact any office sweet would be welcomed.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-13 01:11 PM
    I'm guessing the people who are talking poorly of Docs to Go have never used it before. It is absolutely amazing and feature rich. I'm sure it will continue to improve in the future with newer features too.
    03-30-13 03:30 PM
    Libre Office is starting to work on an android version. Libre Office is fork of Open Office. Sometimes I like it better the Microsoft Office, it can save in any formats.

I just wish it had a simple Outlook replacement, that we can sync with.
    03-30-13 04:12 PM