why would someone who has a samsung or apple device want a blackberry? if they didn't like the z10 why would they buy the z30? this isn't a shot at BlackBerry as I myself own a q10, but it's just a question I'd like to hear your opinions on. I'm asking because I rarely hear anything good about blackberry's new lineup unless I'm on this site. it's unfortunate because my q10 is amazing, the thing is blackberry, for the most part has already convinced the people on crackberry and other pro blackberry blogs why we should have an OS10 device, but what will they do to convince others. so many people on this site love to downplay the significance of apps when someone bashes BlackBerry world for not having enough, but this is a major factor for so many people buying phones today. Here in the states people are infatuated with "shiny" things and right now BlackBerry just isn't "cool". We all know everything that glitters isn't gold but for the last few years the perception is that samsung and apple are the phones to have.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    dixiej and spiculated like this.
    08-11-13 05:50 PM
    Maybe if they're dissatisfied with Apple's smoke and mirrors approach?
    bradu1 likes this.
    08-11-13 06:17 PM
    Because it's quicker to do just about anything on a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 and 2ndHalfCor like this.
    08-11-13 06:26 PM
    I have had the Z and Q and I also have had apple,samsung. I can honestly say that if you do a lot of browsing,typing,messaging and want really nice pictures I find these new BlackBerry device to be great.

Posted with a Q10 on CB10/10.2.0.1047/ Thanks to berry leaks
    08-11-13 06:30 PM
    Most people I know want an iPhone because of the name. An iPhone. Most people I know want Samsung galaxy because of the flower they put on the ad (you know, on the lock screen or something). Most people want a Nokia lumia because of the camera. Most people want a Sony because of the sound it made.

Most people want something because of one thing first. In the sample I gave it's because of the name or the cool thing or one feature of it, though there are lots of good (and bad) things people will find once they bought it. But other brands are concentrating on one shiny thing to make it popular. Once it's popular, people will buy it no matter what.

Unfortunately with BlackBerry (OS10), I think it wasn't being marketed the right way. I noticed on the ads BlackBerry emphasizing on the flow of The Hub (Swipe here and there, peek, swipe back, voila). I can understand with their intention to promote the flow of The Hub, because to me it is the game changer on how people will use their phone. But in the execution, they failed to make huge impact of it. Mainly I think it's because they were too focusing on the flow. For average people who never knew before about the flow of The Hub, it is too complicated. When things got complicated, it quickly get uninteresting.

I say if they made ads that focusing on (Home) button-less sexy phone, it should be able to get average people's attention. Because most phone have home button, be it physical or on screen.

"I want that phone with no home button"
    "Why is that?"
    "Because I will look cool swiping and peeking The Hub, without having to push or click any button. It's the gesture era now you know."

That's one type of conversation I think I will hear if they had created ads focusing on home buttonless sexy phone. That's what should be able make people want to buy the next cool thing. BlackBerry, with no button on the screen. Or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    robkd, edu3110, Chango_BB and 18 others like this.
    08-11-13 06:35 PM
    why would someone who has a samsung or apple device want a blackberry? if they didn't like the z10 why would they buy the z30? this isn't a shot at BlackBerry as I myself own a q10, but it's just a question I'd like to hear your opinions on. I'm asking because I rarely hear anything good about blackberry's new lineup unless I'm on this site. it's unfortunate because my q10 is amazing, the thing is blackberry, for the most part has already convinced the people on crackberry and other pro blackberry blogs why we should have an OS10 device, but what will they do to convince others. so many people on this site love to downplay the significance of apps when someone bashes BlackBerry world for not having enough, but this is a major factor for so many people buying phones today. Here in the states people are infatuated with "shiny" things and right now BlackBerry just isn't "cool". We all know everything that glitters isn't gold but for the last few years the perception is that samsung and apple are the phones to have.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    You said it yourself, you have a Q10 and love it. You've used the other brands and found that blackberry was better for you. But there are others out there that haven't tried the new blackberry and won't because everyone else says it horrible. That's where the problems lies. If people gave BB10 an honest chance just like you did, they would find themselves coming to the same conclusions you yourself have. BlackBerry gets it done.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 06:37 PM
    Most people I know want an iPhone because of the name. An iPhone. Most people I know want Samsung galaxy because of the flower they put on the ad (you know, on the lock screen or something). Most people want a Nokia lumia because of the camera. Most people want a Sony because of the sound it made.

Most people want something because of one thing first. In the sample I gave it's because of the name or the cool thing or one feature of it, though there are lots of good (and bad) things people will find once they bought it. But other brands are concentrating on one shiny thing to make it popular. Once it's popular, people will buy it no matter what.

Unfortunately with BlackBerry (OS10), I think it wasn't being marketed the right way. I noticed on the ads BlackBerry emphasizing on the flow of The Hub (Swipe here and there, peek, swipe back, voila). I can understand with their intention to promote the flow of The Hub, because to me it is the game changer on how people will use their phone. But in the execution, they failed to make huge impact of it. Mainly I think it's because they were too focusing on the flow. For average people who never knew before about the flow of The Hub, it is too complicated. When things got complicated, it quickly get uninteresting.

I say if they made ads that focusing on (Home) button-less sexy phone, it should be able to get average people's attention. Because most phone have home button, be it physical or on screen.

"I want that phone with no home button"
    "Why is that?"
    "Because I will look cool swiping and peeking The Hub, without having to push or click any button. It's the gesture era now you know."

That's one type of conversation I think I will hear if they had created ads focusing on home buttonless sexy phone. That's what should be able make people want to buy the next cool thing. BlackBerry, with no button on the screen. Or something like that.

Posted via CB10
    Once it's popular, people will buy it no matter what. . . Wasn't BB very popular 6 years ago?
    08-11-13 06:46 PM
    Because its better than the rest. Nuff said.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 06:52 PM
    The only reason I use Blackberry is because of its push email and bbm. OK, soon bbm will be available on any platform, fine! But until now no one can beat push email from Blackberry, I really, really need email to be delivered to my phone ASAP everyday! That's why I use Blackberry.
    08-11-13 06:55 PM
    I actually have 3 points why I bought it or figured out why I wanted it later.
    It's quicker for communications than the other platforms. (Aspects such as input, efficiency)
    It's built with security in mind.
    It's just as powerful as the other platforms. Technically, it's as powerful two OSes in one phone.

Honestly, I would tell them to wait for 10.2 and the A10. It's not that it's bad now but get people in when it's best.
    Last edited by Chanlion; 08-11-13 at 07:15 PM.
    iN10Se likes this.
    08-11-13 06:56 PM
    Once it's popular, people will buy it no matter what. . . Wasn't BB very popular 6 years ago?
    Yeah, was. And people bought it no matter what, right? Now not anymore lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 06:57 PM
    The only reason I use Blackberry is because of its push email and bbm. OK, soon bbm will be available on any platform, fine! But until now no one can beat push email from Blackberry, I really, really need email to be delivered to my phone ASAP everyday! That's why I use Blackberry.
    I don't understand this. I get push email on my Android devices. I'm sure that other platforms have push email, as well.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-11-13 07:01 PM
    iOS and Android both do push email so that isn't enough.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-11-13 07:01 PM
    Some people may miss a hardware keyboard and go for the Q10.
    08-11-13 07:02 PM
    iOS and Android both do push email so that isn't enough.
    I think what he/she meant is real time push notifications

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:07 PM
    I think what he/she meant is real time push notifications

Posted via CB10
    iOS and Android have that though.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-11-13 07:08 PM
    iOS and Android have that though.
    Well, that goes into technical area I think, maybe other who knows better about it can explain the difference

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:11 PM
    1 - Hub
    2 - Email
    3 - BBM
    4 - Multi Tasking
    5 - Android Player
    7 - OS Updates and Leaks
    8 - Battery Life! Full day with no recharge!
    08-11-13 07:12 PM
    Well, that goes into technical area I think, maybe other who knows better about it can explain the difference

Posted via CB10
    I guess, but I know that my HTC One, iP5 and Z10 all get push notifications for email on my lockscreen and notification center when I get one. Not trying to argue with you and maybe I don't understand but they seem the same to me. Cheers!
    08-11-13 07:12 PM
    I guess, but I know that my HTC One, iP5 and Z10 all get push notifications for email on my lockscreen and notification center when I get one. Not trying to argue with you and maybe I don't understand but they seem the same to me. Cheers!
    I have android tab too, and I connect both tab and z10 with my emails. Both got notifications around the same time. Maybe BlackBerry OS10 is similar with android/ iOS. I do know that on my 9550 I got notification at the moment the email was sent. But on my Zio, it delays for few seconds. My unscientific conclusion is OS10 is similar with android& iOS on push notification. But legacy devices are better. But maybe that's just for me lol

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:22 PM
    I think the important thing to focus on is the fact that BlackBerry isn't talking the phone up right. The point has been made. Nobody goes to AT&T and says "I want to update phone because it doesn't peek or flow" there has to be something showing that stands out. What does it get done is the question that needs to be answered in these commercials.

Posted via CB10
    araskin likes this.
    SPEED. Pure unadulterated speed.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4633 O2 Uk
    cwcheung likes this.
    SPEED. Pure unadulterated speed.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4633 O2 Uk
    Speed of what though?
    Acidwire likes this.
    08-11-13 07:24 PM
    Push - As an email is received by the server it is pushed to your device immediately just about as fast as a text message.

Fetch - your device will contact the server at a predefined time e.g every 10, 15,20,30 mins. You will get a notification for either.

I checked my iphone and some email. Addresses can be pushed and others need to be fetched.

On my iphone for example aol can be pushed

Gmail cannot be pushed and has to be fetched.

I hope this helps ;-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-11-13 07:25 PM
    Because blackberry owners get things done.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    ghundiraj and howards like this.
    08-11-13 07:33 PM
183 123 ...