12-31-15 04:30 PM
120 123 ...
tools
    I love my Passport. Just saw the Priv at the store and I'm not in love with the keyboard and not an Android lover at all.

So that leaves me to ask, what will the Passport successor be?

I'm starting to wonder if they will make a Passport successor or continue this Android route...

Posted via CB10
    gugomat and Barbareren like this.
    11-07-15 08:36 PM
    They're putting a deal together to make a Windows BlackBerry hybrid.
    acovey and endevour like this.
    11-07-15 08:38 PM
    It's gonna be the "BlackBerry Cyclops"

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 08:42 PM
    If android works, I anticipate BlackBerry to keep going that way. BlackBerry can make hardware, android can supply the os.

For the mainstream consumer, the "app gap" issue is there. Most average consumers don't want to hack, sideload, tweak, etc.

Consumers just want a phone that works. They don't care about privacy or security until it's too late. Backups are a perfect example. If icloud didn't auto backup your stuff, you'd never do it.
    11-07-15 10:17 PM
    Is this a trick question?

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    fadmin and Velocitymj like this.
    11-07-15 10:34 PM
    Android Leap for 499.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 11:04 PM
    The Venice (running BB10). I will pre-order.

Don Diego endorses the Zed and wields a Silver.
    11-07-15 11:23 PM
    I m waiting BlackBerry new device with operation on BlackBerry OS.

Z10/STL100-2 OS 10.3.2. 2789
    antonrr and gugomat like this.
    11-08-15 03:44 AM
    Possibly a Classic and/or Leap rehash.

*C5303
    11-08-15 04:07 AM
    I want a passport se...
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-08-15 04:18 AM
    The more relevant question should be, will there be another BlackBerry 10 device?

Rock'n the awesome Z30 STA100-5 on 10.3.2.2474
    11-08-15 07:34 AM
    There won't be any more BB10 devices. Sorry.
    11-08-15 07:52 AM
    It depends on whether their BB10 user base is decreasing or not.
    If the user base would be slightly increasing, they may consider to bring a new BB10 device.

For now there are still enough BB 10 devices in the market and I would expect a decision about BB10's future by the end of 2016, when they have enough figures.
    11-08-15 08:11 AM
    Id think that you might see another BB10 device for high-security enterprise or government customers, but those devices would likely be expensive, have few apps, and have minimal sales support/availability on the consumer side. Oh, and many of those customers dont even want cameras on their phones, so there could also be hardware limitations, too.
    11-08-15 08:45 AM
    Well, my two cents worth, both as a consumer and decision maker for a very large corporation, is that for BB10 hardware the writing has been on the wall for years. I respect the efforts of Chen in some ways, in other ways I take umbrage. He has been terrible about conveying any sense of commitment to BB10 and to the hardware. Yes, we all know that if a product doesn't sell, you stop manufacturing or you tweak or you evolve, etc. However, during a restructuring and comeback, one does not strongly convey the message of doubt and apathy about one's own product.

Chen never conveyed the passion or the sense of commitment to BB10 that would allow me as a decision maker and my team, to make the investment. Instead Chen used words such as "if", "hopefully", "likely", "maintenance", etc. All words that conveyed to us, that those at BB did not themselves believe BB10 and its hardware would survive another corporate investment cycle. Software, enterprise, MDM, etc was a separate matter. If the manufacturer is incapable or unwilling to convince us, the buyer, that the product will be around, be supported and be improved upon, for another three to five years, it is difficult, impossible, for us to invest in the product. In the end, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy.

So, no, I do not believe there will be another BB10 device. I wish there would be: to be clear, not a new colour such as the PPSE, but a NEW, updated device, such as PPII or gosh forbid, a "Q20". Or, for those that like sliders, a Venice.
    MGDania, ediggity and Polt like this.
    11-08-15 08:53 AM
    There won't be any more BB10 devices. Sorry.
    Did BlackBerry announce that themselves? I don't recall hearing that. I take it that's YOUR personal feelings to the question.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:29 AM
    f the manufacturer is incapable or unwilling to convince us, the buyer, that the product will be around, be supported and be improved upon, for another three to five years, it is difficult, impossible, for us to invest ...
    I personally wouldn't need such an extra- confirmation for BB10.

Since OS version 10.2.1 (by end of 2013) the set-up was clear and we also know they will continue with updates at least until 2017, probably longer.

However, what I was missing in this blog post is a very simple commitment like "the support with updates will continue also after 2016", but still I don't take their accouncement as a "end of 2016 will be the end of support."

But in part I understand you.

I believe as a manufacturer you must go to your key-accounts, whenever you think seriously about the discontinuation of a product.
    Either these customers agree to higher volumes/prices, then you make a long-term commitment in return, or they disagree, well, then you announce the discontinuation and a time frame.

We have never heard a clear commitment for BB10 from JC, neither any word about discontinuation.
    (For Windows 7 we know that the OS will be no further supported after 2020, it shouldn't be hard to announce something similar for BB10.)

Either the communication between BlackBerry and their customer base needs to be improved, or - this possibility also exists - they are communicating but the customers themselves don't know what they want in future.
    11-08-15 10:45 AM
    I just can't imagine that the Priv will satisfy the requirements of governments and other customers with high end encryption needs. The way into this hand ...
    What will be the next BlackBerry 10 Device?-german-chancellor-angela-merkel-holds-blackberry-z10-smartphone-featuring-high-security-secusi.jpg
    ...is long. They said they want to make Android secure, but hey, it remains Google's closed source Android, or not?

What I can imagine is that they don't produce BB10 consumer devices anymore. A fiction is that BB10 becomes another name for "BES driven". They could say if you are a silly consumer, a private person you should buy one of our secured future Android devices. In this case BB10 3rd party software and the app gap are not that important anymore because the need of software on these remaining BB10 devices is much more specific. Probably they never load any other app by policy.
    11-08-15 10:46 AM
    The Android Hub and feel of the Priv I saw at the store yesterday doesn't feel like a BlackBerry as much still.

They need to find a way to make a true Hybrid?

Developers - Is it possible to make a true BlackBerry feeling phone with full Google Play support?

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 01:28 PM
    I don't expect anything new coming for bb10. They said they are going to support it, nothing about developing anything new for it. BB10 is dead. Sad

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 02:35 PM
    No chance for new BB10 devices. They are busy to stay in the market. Low and mid range android based BlackBerry are definitely coming.
    11-08-15 02:43 PM
    I know people don't like uncertainty, but you aren't going to get certainty until Priv sales are known.

http://crackberry.com/john-chen-conf...w-fox-business

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Joshu42 likes this.
    11-08-15 03:10 PM
    If android works, I anticipate BlackBerry to keep going that way. BlackBerry can make hardware, android can supply the os.

For the mainstream consumer, the "app gap" issue is there. Most average consumers don't want to hack, sideload, tweak, etc.

Consumers just want a phone that works. They don't care about privacy or security until it's too late. Backups are a perfect example. If icloud didn't auto backup your stuff, you'd never do it.
    If that would be the case, I'm all for BlackBerry making hardware. The hardware built quality is quite superior comparing to the other companies.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2789
    lmsilvam likes this.
    11-08-15 03:43 PM
    My HO is no more BlackBerry O/S. Chen is going Android if there is any future BlackBerry Hardware! (tears falling)

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    11-08-15 03:47 PM
    That's sad. But at least i hope we do get 10.3.3.

Posted via my SD810 powered LG FLEX 2
    11-08-15 05:16 PM
120 123 ...