We all know it's the end of bb10 let's move on.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 04:44 PM
    We all know it's the end of bb10 let's move on.

Posted via CB10
    You're welcome to move on and get your data mined and join the millions of grazing furries.
    BerryRipe and Killjoyhere like this.
    11-08-15 05:29 PM
    There won't be any more BB10 devices. Sorry.
    Says you. You don't know what they have planned so keep that comment to yourself

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    11-08-15 10:45 PM
    People also said Passport would have been the last device from BlackBerry, which was not true.

We do not know what is coming, so lets keep our hopes up.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:55 PM
    To the person who said that BB10 will be supported until 2017: why only 2017? BB OS 7 is still supported as of writing this, so BB10 could very well be supported equally as long.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:05 AM
    Slider with OS10

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 01:19 AM
    To the person who said that BB10 will be supported until 2017: why only 2017? BB OS 7 is still supported as of writing this, so BB10 could very well be supported equally as long.
    Posted via CB10
    Just in case you are refering to my post, I actually wrote: "... updates at least until 2017, probably longer."
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    11-09-15 03:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    BBOS7 isn't being supported since July 2014.

Software Support Life Cycle - Canada
    11-09-15 06:34 AM
    Says you. You don't know what they have planned so keep that comment to yourself

Posted via CB10
    Actually, BlackBerry has said what they have planned, you just are not paying attention. BB10 is in maintenance mode. They are not going to support Qt5 so it won't be upgraded. No more features in BB10 since they would have to release new SDKs for programmers to access the new features. The development tools are not going to be worked on anymore. There are so many levels to the facts that BlackBerry is putting BB10 out to pasture, I don't know how people can still ignore the facts.

I talked to our BlackBerry sales rep and she told me about some things coming up for future versions of BES that I didn't know about. She also acknowledged that there will be no more BB10 devices.
    11-09-15 06:41 AM
    Did BlackBerry announce that themselves? I don't recall hearing that. I take it that's YOUR personal feelings to the question.

Posted via CB10
    Yes they did. It's called the Priv. Seriously, as a BB10 developer and a software developer for over 20 years, all you have to do is see the lack of development on the BB10 OS to see that they have no plans to continue with it. You can't release a new phone with old software. The promised 10.3.3 and 10.3.4 are just service pack releases to support government contracts.
    11-09-15 06:47 AM
    That's sad. But at least i hope we do get 10.3.3.

Posted via my SD810 powered LG FLEX 2
    We will. And there WILL be another bb10 device.

I just hope it isn't the priv, that keyboard sucks bad.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-09-15 10:15 AM
    We will. And there WILL be another bb10 device.

I just hope it isn't the priv, that keyboard sucks bad.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    What makes you think there will be another BB10 device?
    11-09-15 10:22 AM
    What makes you think there will be another BB10 device?
    Blind faith and ignoring reality.
    kbz1960 and domokeats09 like this.
    11-09-15 10:27 AM
    I'll take your word for it until I hear a better reason from Marcin.
    11-09-15 10:32 AM
    I really struggle to understand this blind faith in BB10.
    Is this some kind of magical thinking?
    If one believes really strongly in the Great Pumpkin BB10 it will bring presents for all the little boys and girls?
    Polt likes this.
    11-09-15 10:58 AM
    I really struggle to understand this blind faith in BB10.
    Is this some kind of magical thinking?
    If one believes really strongly in the Great Pumpkin BB10 it will bring presents for all the little boys and girls?
    Call it blind faith in capitalism and a good product.

I have learned that capitalism is good for our society, because the best products wins (okay, this is the shortest possible version).
    11-09-15 11:04 AM

I have learned that capitalism is good for our society, because the best products wins (okay, this is the shortest possible version).
    So when BB10 loses it won't be the best OS?What will be the next BlackBerry 10 Device?-slideride.png
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 11-09-15 at 11:22 AM. Reason: add graphic
    11-09-15 11:10 AM
    It depends on whether their BB10 user base is decreasing or not.
    If the user base would be slightly increasing, they may consider to bring a new BB10 device.

For now there are still enough BB 10 devices in the market and I would expect a decision about BB10's future by the end of 2016, when they have enough figures.
    What will be the next BlackBerry 10 Device?-slideride.png
    11-09-15 11:37 AM

Not true. Betamax was a much better product than VHS and VHS won.
    11-09-15 11:43 AM
    Not true. Betamax was a much better product than VHS and VHS won.
    You must have liked how you needed to insert a second tape to watch a full-length movie.
    11-09-15 02:50 PM
    If the user base would be slightly increasing, they may consider to bring a new BB10 device.
    Actually, it depends on the profitability of the Priv. The Priv may outsell the Classic and PP combined but how will that effect the bottom line? Losing revenue from BlackBerry World has to be offset somehow. I suspect that they are hoping that Priv sales to fleets will encourage them to become BES shops and also buy monetized BBM packages.

BlackBerry was trying to sell enough BB10 devices to offset the loss of BIS revenue when BB7 was being phased out. That did not quite work out the way they had hoped and we now find ourselves where we are.
    11-09-15 03:03 PM

For now there are still enough BB 10 devices in the market and I would expect a decision about BB10's future by the end of 2016, when they have enough figures.
    Meet Negative Nancy and Debbie Downer's new friend Prozac Patty.
    11-09-15 03:12 PM
    I don't know! I do know that Passport is a great device (so is my 66" Television.) I don't carry a purse, or wear a back pack. What I need, for every day, is a phone that can access the internet, handle my email (it is my office in a pocket), etc. I am not a big guy, and I don't wear cargo pants. Please, give me a device that does not make it look like I am carrying a briefcase on my belt. Right now, I am using a Z10; that is big enough. Just give me an upgrade that is about the same size.
    11-09-15 03:40 PM
    PlayBook....

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 11:09 PM
    So when BB10 loses it won't be the best OS?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slideRide.png 
Views:	1013 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	379739
    This chart doesn't say much about the reasons. It doesn't show WHAT devices have been sold. The second half of the chart is dominated by the presence of the Passport and the Classic. Both are devices for a niche, the first one for those who want definitely be different, the latter one for those who are still old fashioned. Both niches are legitimate, but you can't build a mass market on them. That's strange: building niche products and complain small sales. Since RIM didn't offer new and modern full touch devices following and replacing the Z30 for a long time this chart is not representative for the market potential of OS10, first of all it shows a device crisis. The second point is: RIM didn't do much in the OS. They never gave a definitive statement, the avoid to communicate until today, they never brought conclusive new features, they even didn't fix damned bugs and inadequateness known for years like in the Contacts and the Calendar apps. The chart would look different if they did.
    11-10-15 12:35 AM
120 1234 ...