I agree with almost everything. I think lots of things shouldn't be so hard to add, there is lots of small but very useful details, which I hope will appear soon
    Vito B likes this.
    10-02-13 03:41 PM
    MORE New Ideas added to Remember app, Calendar, Media Files, Sharing and General OS parts.
    Guys let me know your opinions and spread the word. Thank you!
    10-11-13 02:40 PM
    They need to roll out updates quicker and from their own servers like apple does. I have an iPod touch and I swear they send out app updates and os updates like every day. Every time I turn on my iPod it has like 1-10 app updates with at the least bug fixes.

They should also add customizable drop down menu from home screen. The quick launch thing that has settings, wifi, bluetooth, notifications, etc... I would like to be able to customize it.

Also they should get SayIt to take over voice control.

We need to be able to print wirelessly to printers without downloading desktop software.

Panorama and slomo video would be cool.

Being able to switch orientation anywhere including home screen would be nice.

I have more that I can't think of but I'll start making a list.

I agree with everything on your list as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 08:21 PM
    Thanks man, I agree with your additions also. SayIt recognizes voice much much better than the stock BlackBerry Voice Control app. BlackBerry should either buy SayIt and use their know-how or upgrade the stock app to the same level of usability.

They need to roll out updates quicker and from their own servers like apple does. I have an iPod touch and I swear they send out app updates and os updates like every day. Every time I turn on my iPod it has like 1-10 app updates with at the least bug fixes.

They should also add customizable drop down menu from home screen. The quick launch thing that has settings, wifi, bluetooth, notifications, etc... I would like to be able to customize it.

Also they should get SayIt to take over voice control.

We need to be able to print wirelessly to printers without downloading desktop software.

Panorama and slomo video would be cool.

Being able to switch orientation anywhere including home screen would be nice.

I have more that I can't think of but I'll start making a list.

I agree with everything on your list as well.

Posted via CB10
    HigherThanMars likes this.
    10-15-13 01:59 PM
    Give Vito a job at BlackBerry!!!

Trusted Member Genius

Edit: Vito, please send your post to: [email protected]
    Vito B likes this.
    10-15-13 07:25 PM
    Thank you for support!
    I forwarded thread to [email protected]
    Let's see how BlackBerry really care.
    Give Vito a job at BlackBerry!!!

Trusted Member Genius

Edit: Vito, please send your post to: [email protected]
    10-15-13 09:53 PM
    They do not reply to those emails sent there...but I've personally seen changes to our os's that were sent in by all of us here at Crackberry.

P.S. I am the op of: Bridge for Playbook, check-in here

(200+ replies and 6,000+ hits...sent to the dev's at that address by me in an email. Blackberry has since added BBM to the Playbook Bridge function! Hopefully more to come)
    Thank you for support!
    I forwarded thread to [email protected]
    Let's see how BlackBerry really care.
    10-16-13 03:22 AM
    I shared it to that email too, hopefully the more people that share it with them, the more likely they will change things. We did get a good Facebook update today. I think once 10.2 is officially out for everyone, the changes will start to roll in.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-13 03:08 PM
    Keyboard shortcut keys from homescreen

Speed dial from home screen

Trackpad

Hardware call buttons

Bring those back and you'll see more people move over from legacy or come back to the platform.

Posted via CB10
    Vito B likes this.
    10-18-13 02:05 AM
    Hopefully! 10.2 began rolling out in Singapore already!
    I shared it to that email too, hopefully the more people that share it with them, the more likely they will change things. We did get a good Facebook update today. I think once 10.2 is officially out for everyone, the changes will start to roll in.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 05:56 PM
    A time machine so they could release it 5 years ago.

Presented by Dr. Emmett Brown on BlackBerry Z41
    10-18-13 06:22 PM
    Predictive text needs to be programmed to predict the pastparticiple. In English. And in other languages. It's a lot of clicking to remove the -er at the end of a predicted word and put -� � because it erases the entire predicted word. That's in French.

In English usually you just need to add a -d but it's dumb not to think of the d' when the two preceding words make it clear you'll need the past participle.

I configured the keyboard language to Spanish and here is what it gave me when I typed hemos and the letter v:
    Hemos ver -- proposed by my keyboard
    Hemos visto -- this would be the best suggestion

I configured it to German. Repeated same exercise.
    I got all perfect suggestions. Maybe the Germans should love the virtual keyboard.
    Last edited by Davidro1; 12-01-13 at 01:32 PM.
    10-19-13 05:31 AM
    They need to roll out updates quicker and from their own servers like apple does.
    I agree when it comes to OS updates. I keep wishing that BlackBerry would give updates to everyone at the same time instead of waiting for phone carriers to provide the updates. Some of these carriers make people wait a very long time for OS updates.

Many people read about how improved 10.2 is, but many people are still waiting and waiting and waiting.

That would be nice also. Being about to customize the quick pull down settings would be a great feature. Some of those button toggles I never use, so being able to replace them with something I would use would be nice.

Some other improvements I would like to see is to have the text cursor always float above my finger when moving it around instead of being under my finger. It's hard to place the cursor accurately when it's under my finger.

In the Web browser app, I wish we could organize bookmarks into folders rather that the long list it does now. I have a lot of bookmarks and having a long list makes it very time consuming to find a bookmark. The search feature isn't the same thing because I don't always remember the name of the site when it's a website I don't visit often.

It would also be nice to have apps not cover the very top bar of the screen where the clock and battery gauge is. I like being about to see the clock constantly so that I'm not late for something when I'm killing time on my phone. It's easy to lose track of time when playing games or surfing the Internet. Probably the best solution would be the option to toggle on and off full screen.

It's the same with the battery. If I can constantly see the battery gauge then I can plan ahead about when to charge rather than having to suddenly recharge when I see the 20% left message. A battery percentage would be great also.

These are the few I can think of right now. Some of them might've been solve with 10.2, so please forgive me for mentioning them if they are.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 02:00 AM
    NATIVE CLOUD BACKUP
    Similar to OS7 but better

( 1 x shift ) !~ /^1?$|^(11+?)\1+$/
    10-20-13 03:51 AM
    Ideally if they had every app iOS and Android, it would be the best platform out there.

Posted via CB10
    It can run Android Apps... So may be someone can (legally) "translate" iApps into BB-Apps" ... just an idea, Apple would never allow it, unless owning BB!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    10-20-13 03:52 AM
    It can run Android Apps... So may be someone can (legally) "translate" iApps into BB-Apps" ... just an idea, Apple would never allow it, unless owning BB!

Posted via my Q10, Germany
    Hahaha good logic flow there...That explains why Blackberry is still struggling.
    10-20-13 05:31 AM
    I agrees with others.
    SAYIT needs to be baked into the BlackBerry os. It is way better at understanding than the regular BlackBerry voice.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 05:35 AM
    am I the only one who really, really wants a better looking and customisable interface.

Like, I can jailbreak iOS for the "BladeHaz3" look, but I can't get a single theme onto this in any way.

Please, I want themes. And please, quality control. There were so many terrible themes on BlackBerry OS.

Btw, Google "BladeHaz3" it's so sexy.

Posted with my Z10
    10-20-13 05:43 AM
    I wish that when I put the browser into 'Private Browsing' (browser > settings > Privacy and security) that the keyboard would not learn my words anymore...

If I don't want a history of what I'm searching for, I sure don't want word suggestions above my keys

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:02 PM
    That's true Dirkmyer
    Guys, let's share your thoughts on how to make our phones better. What are your favorites from the original list? Is it everything or something specific?
    11-27-13 07:16 PM
    Stick with with what they have going...add features and most of all make it flow faster.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:29 PM
    Smart home integration

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 07:44 PM
    I wish that when I put the browser into 'Private Browsing' (browser > settings > Privacy and security) that the keyboard would not learn my words anymore...

If I don't want a history of what I'm searching for, I sure don't want word suggestions above my keys

Posted via CB10
    Total agree man, especially all those times you're searching for something that rhymes with "photography"

Posted via CB10
    11-28-13 02:28 PM
    Your list is pretty impressive in terms of the details. Great job!

Posted via CB10
    Vito B likes this.
    11-28-13 04:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    On the latest leak OS 10.2.1.0.1055, once it's on Private Browsing, it doesn't learn words anymore.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    11-28-13 07:10 PM
59 123