New BBM Channel C00219413, please join.
    BlackBerry 10 phones are Highest Quality products with the most intelligent OS which still of course needs improvements. Here are my ideas which will make BlackBerry 10 phones the best on the market. If BlackBerry needs a real-life person with brains I'm ready for it.

HUB
    1.Add this setting to HUB: Automatically Return to Main Hub after 5/15/30/60/never minutes. Not very convenient to do it manually if you for example last checked Facebook, then email came in � you need to manually go out of Facebook in Hub and go to either Main Hub or email account to see this new email.

2.Possibility to change themes in the HUB from Light to Dark. I�ve seen this done in 10.2 leaks for Calendar, Contacts, Text Messages and BBM. Would be nice to see this also for the HUB when you swipe up+right.

3. From Beta Zone survey: Add Options for Request Read Receipt and Request Delivery Receipt to Hub

4. We desperately need "Report spam" menu option for email messages like we had in legacy BlackBerries

5. I have Gmail synced to my Z10 and in account settings I set up "Sync all folders". 2 issues:
    • Drafts that I save on Z10 do not sync to drafts folder on Web version of Gmail.
    • There is no choice to sync SPAM folder. Sometimes a legit email is trapped in that folder and there is no way to check or mark it as "NOT SPAM" right now.

6. Implement Skype messages/chats into the HUB. Also the is another huge social network that has millions of users and growing - Vkontakte. If BlackBerry designs and promotes a native app for it SOON, it will boost number of BlackBerry owners.

Phone App
    1. Give us SWIPE UP to pick up and SWIPE DOWN to reject call on the Phone app. It was vice versa before 10.2.1.1055 which was not logical - swipe down to pick up. And on 10.2.1.1055 it is disappointing Left-Right swipe on the bottom of the screen, which is harder to use. UP-DOWN on the CENTER of the screen is where it belongs. It is physically easier and finger direction is the same no matter what hand you use. I'm sure some people prefer Left-Right so why not implement the feature to toggle this option in phone settings?

2. Add CALL NOTES tab to "All Missed VVM" bar, make it "All Missed VVM Notes" so we can access notes right from here instead of digging thru Remember app.

3. From Beta Zone survey: Phone Call History Pane Should Allow Creating Call Notes From a Call Record. In the Phone app, an owner should be able to store call notes against an already-terminated call from the Call History screen.

4. Keep all the new features (Keypress speed dial, Reply Now, Priority calling)

5. Possibility to change themes in the Phone app (Contacts and Calls tabs) from Light to Dark. I�ve seen this done in 10.2 leaks for Calendar, Contacts, Text Messages and BBM. People love it!

6. There is a bug in 10.2.1.1055 when clicking on the phone number within the OS the Skype opens instead of the native Phone app. The ideal scenario will be: the default click should opens the Phone app calling and long click should give you additional options "Text the number" "Call with Skype" "Text with Skype".

7. Add a feature to RECORD PHONE CALLS with these choices: all, outgoing, incoming, specific contacts, none. Make it work WITHOUT the need to turn on the loud speaker please.

BBM
    Thank you for the recent BBM update.
    Here are my suggestions:
    1.Add ability to shrink videos in size so they can be shared over BBM.

2.Very IMPORTANT: for Android and iOS versions add functionality of VOICE and VIDEO chats so much more people can prefer BBM over WhatsApp.

3.Make BBM contacts & BBM channels push notifications in the Hub separate.

Media and other files
    1.Make it possible to GeoTag Videos and Voice notes like it�s possible for Pictures.

2.Make it possible for GeoTagging to work based on Cell Towers locations without turning on GPS which will save battery tremendously and will be handy if you are inside the building.

3.Include City name in file name (pictures, videos, audio) when geotagging is ON (like I had it on my old BlackBerry Torch).

4.In addition � possibility to sort Pictures, Videos and Voice notes by name (which would include City name) � this will allow to easily find and separate all pictures/videos/voicenotes made in Miami, Boston or LA even if they were taken in different times/places within 6 months for example. I am talking about Pictures app and Videos app, NOT about Files Manager or Remember apps which already have sorting feature in 10.2 leaks.

5. Press-n-Hold Geotagged file - popup menu should include option to see the location it was made on BlackBerry Maps. Also in addition to "Recent", "Date" and "Albums" layout in Pictures and Videos apps we need another one - "MAP VIEW" which would show zoomable BlackBerry Maps with pins on the map representing your Pictures/Videos/Voice notes (3 different colors). The more files are recorded at the same location the fatter is the pin. Click on the pin - the menu shows the same options as it already does when Press-n-Hold a media file (Share, Edit, Play On, etc.) with ability to share/play on, etc. all the files from the same location even if they're made at different times.

6.When selecting multiple files (photos, videos, pdf, etc.) we need to be able to just put-n-hold one finger on one file (start selection menu pops up), second finger on the other (end selection menu pops up) - and all the files in between would be selected, right now we have to go to "select more" menu and manually tap all the files. Don't get me wrong we still need this menu to select files that are not located next to each other but when it comes for example to selecting 100 recent photos my suggestion would be very handy. Also - very important! - Add a menu item �Select All�.

7. Design PANORAMA mode for Camera app for shooting 360� panoramic images (when you just turn around) as well as the top of the line Photo Spheres (up, down plus all around - similar to those on this page). Also design a special eye-pleasing website (BlackBerry.com/pano, BlackBerry.com/360 or similar) where people will backup, share and discuss their art. In addition keep an eye on Instagram and add ability to upload these files there once Instagram adds this feature in the future.

8. From Beta Zone survey: Story Maker Pictures Should Fill the Entire Song
    In Story Maker, the selected media should display through the entire song(s), instead of looping the same content or cutting the song short.

Sharing
    1. Option to PREVIEW file (picture, video, audio, contact, appointment, etc.) that is being shared/attached to message BEFORE ACTUALLY sharing/attaching it by Press-n-Hold and �Preview� pop-up menu. That�s helpful when you started to compose an email for example and choosing files that you want to attach, right now only thumbnails are visible. [Good news! EDIT: Menu item "Preview" is added in 10.2.1.1055 leaked OS when press-n-hold on file]

2.We need to be able to generate online web links for sharing files (to post on blogs, forums, etc.) right inside Connect to Dropbox app and Box app. Right now to do it we have to use web browser to login to Box or Dropbox to generate the link to particular file. Very long process. Please add this functions and corresponding menu item. [Good news! EDIT: Menu item "Share Link" is added in 10.2.1.1055 leaked OS when press-n-hold on file inside built-in Box or Dropbox apps]

3.Add ability to shorten web links using Bit.ly -like service like it was possible on legacy BlackBerries. It will come very handy when sharing long links via Twitter. People will appreciate this if you implement it. Let�s say add additional �Share via Bit.ly� item menu when sharing a web page from Browser. In addition we�ll need ability to log into Bit.ly account somewhere in OS settings. Allow the use of other link shortening websites instead of Bit.ly - like miniurl.com.

4. I have tried to share pictures/videos using NFC with Samsung Galaxy S3 (both ways) and while the devices "see" each it simply does not work.
    When trying to share Z10 -> S3 this is what I get on Z10 screen.
    When trying to share S3 -> Z10 i get this on Z10 screen
    I am not sure whose fault this is but since Z10 is younger than Galaxy I believe it was BlackBerry's responsibility to make sure their product fits other phones that were already on the market. Embarrassing. Please fix!
    Having said that I was able to share pictures from Z10 to Galaxy Note II but not vice versa. Z10 runs the latest leak 10.2.1.1055, both Galaxy S3 and Note2 run official 4.1.2 Android.

Homescreen
    1.Add Date to homescreen next to time so they are always visible. Right now we have swipe down to see it.

2.We need ability to add unlimited number of icons to folder on home screen.

3.Add ability to Hide icons on home screen.

4.Make a separate icon for Voice Notes on home screen for quick access, right now it�s buried inside Remember App. Icon only, not a separate app, Remember app is awesome.

5.From Beta Zone survey: Show World Clock Times on Lock Screen. Add a feature to show the World Clock times from the Clock app on the Lock Screen.

6. Build this feature into the OS like it's possible for webpages in Browser: ability to CREATE SHORTCUTS on Home screen for all sorts of content especially: Remember app entries, files from Files manager, audio, video, photo, PDF files, contacts, BBM chats, Facebook chats, favorites in BB Maps (home, work, etc.).

Remember App
    1.Add ability to mark entries as FAVORITES for quick access.

2.We need to be able move items not only between local folders but also TO EVERNOTE FOLDERS, right now we are able to move already saved items between local folders only, sadness.

3.Add these functions to editing mode to match Evernote capabilities:
    • Little squares to build TO-DO list that you can check-off
    • Insert horizontal line
    • Change font family

4. Add an option to native Remember app to trigger reminders based not only on due time/date but also on customizable geo location (with ability to track location using towers instead of GPS to save battery). Imagine how super helpful would that be! Check Taskimapia app to see how this works.

5. Add a BLACK THEME to Remember app like you did for Calendar, Contacts and BBM - that made people happy.

Calendar
    1. In 10.2.1.1055 (and earlier) calendar app when setting/editing time and date for event - there is a time scale on top with colorful areas which represent timeframe for events and colors represent different calendars (if you set up more than 1). Please make the color of the timeframe you are dragging correspond with the color of the calendar you set it up for instead of the standard green one.

2.For All Day events that last several days make it possible to set reminders �On the Day at 9:00� for each day this event is lasting for. Right now it is only possible to set it for the first day when event starts.

3.Ability to change the calendar that particular event belongs to. Right now this option is greyed out when editing an event. [EDIT: looks like this feature was added since 10.2.1.1055]

4. A nice addition to Calendar would be an option to add a VOICE NOTE to an appointment. There are times when you physically cannot or don't want to type in details of the meeting/task (driving, riding bicycle, etc.). Also this feature should be available through Voice Control app when creating appointment.

5. The is a bug in 10.2.1.1055: appointments with set reminders do NOT show a "bell" icon like supposed to in agenda mode. Interestingly appointments without reminders do show an icon - "crossed bell".

6.Colorful bars next to calendar appointment in day view are so thin when the appointment status is set to �Free� that you cannot even tell which calendar this appointment belongs to (colors are impossible to distinguish). Colors on these bars need to be more visible and thicker. It is a little better when you use dark theme.

7. Add "Go To Date" option next to already existing "Go to Today" when Press-n-hold on a date. [EDIT: Added in 10.2.1.1055 leaked OS]

Browser
    1. Browser Should Detect Phone Numbers and addresses on pages and make them clickable, which should launch the Phone app for a phone number and BlackBerry Maps for addresses (both with a confirmation dialog box).

2. Bookmarks are unusable! When creating bookmark you need to be able to CHOOSE from existing tags or ADD new one BEFORE bookmarking it. Right now bookmark is created with no such option at all, they all are saved with no tags - after creating it you need to manually go to a very long bookmark list, scroll to find the one you just created and then TYPE a tag to be assigned, and if you made a typo - a new unnecessary tag is created. MAKE BOOKMARKS ACTUALLY USABLE!

3. When Browser is in READER mode it would be nice to have an option to have content read out loud via TTS technology used in SayIt app. Very helpful to listen to the news, articles, blogs while driving or via headphones in the subway.

Keyboard
    1.I love flicking word suggestions up on Z10 keyboard. But even it needs improvements. Right now when I flick the word up and afterwards press . or , or ! or ? or ) Z10 automatically puts it correctly right after the word and adds a space after it like such..... example) example. Well what about the symbols : ; They have to work the same way, right now Z10 puts a space in between the word that was just flicked and these symbols instead of after them like such..... example :example or example ;example and we have to manually erase and fix it, quite annoying when you type a lot on your phone.

2.Word suggestions don't appear on keyboard when typing in the Search app and Browser's "Type search or address". Why? Please add. This will make BlackBerry even more time-efficient.

3. Keyboard word suggestions, word substitutions and spell check do not work on some Android-ported apps. Needs fixing.

4. Huge ugly bug in Word Substitution Feature. It seems to be a limit on how many entries you can manually add and after that threshold it stops working completely, even if you delete ALL entries it won't work again. Only wiping a phone can fix it. Fix this quick, losing loyal customers over this! This is one of the things that makes BlackBerry a BlackBerry.

5. Ability to ?see a whole list of learned words and ability to edit/delete/add specific words (sometimes typos) from that list in keyboard settings.

Contacts
    1.Add Categories for Contacts app � Work, Family, Friends, etc. and ability to display only certain Categories (similar to choosing which calendars to display in Calendar app). Add ability to sync these categories with Google contacts (or other provider like Yahoo, etc.). [Edit: Contact Groups are added on latest leak 10.2.1.1055, and while you cannot sync it to Gmail/Yahoo, etc. contacts it is a step in the right direction].

2.Smart dialing - make it work for dialed numbers too not only contacts saved without area code. So simple � so convenient.

3. Make it possible to COPY information from within specific contact when press-n-hold on phone number, fax, email, address... Right now we have to go thru "Edit" mode to copy any field. Long, inconvenient, with risk to alter contact's info by mistake.

General OS
    1.Headless apps for apps like HUB++, BeBuzz and many others. In addition we will need App Manager to close the apps running in the background when we no longer need them. Also suggested by KatesBB: a) Let us "lock" an app so it isn't closed unintentionally by the user, or closed by the OS when opening a 9th app (have the OS close a non-locked app instead). b) Let us flag apps to "autostart," so we can be assured something like BeBuzz is always running.

2.Add WiFi Direct and Miracast. This will allow Wi-Fi connectivity directly between devices instead of going through a router for Pictures/Videos/Music transmission to an external display.

3.Right now when I�m trying to use �Play On� (DLNA feature) on my BlackBerry Z10 to transmit to a very modern Smart TV Samsung UN55F8000:
    in Video App: BlackBerry Z10 says �The file can�t be played due to an unexpected error (1)". TV says �The file you are trying to play is not currently supported�
    in YouTube App: the button on the lower right corner is greyed out, not even possible to start �Play On� transmission to TV. Please fix! [Update: you have to install Youtube app on the TV and pair it with your phone in the TV app's settings for this to work]
    in Pictures App: everything works and TV displays pictures without problems.
    So please fix this issues, otherwise having this feature for Videos/Youtube is pointless. Make Video file format that phone records recognizable for modern TVs.
    For information: I�m on BlackBerry Z10 with 10.2.1.1055 OS. When browsing from TV using remote control it sees all connected devices � computers, phones including BlackBerry Z10 and I�m able to browse folders � music and photos are visible and accessible, and videos are visible but �Cannot be played� when clicked on. Please FIX video format!

4.Make hard Voice Control button (the one between Volume buttons on the right) customizable so we can assign SayIt or any app, web shortcut, contact, compose to� or other possible functions to it. We miss that flexibility from legacy devices.

5.Add Equalizer option to Music Player so people can customize how their music sounds.

6.Ability to set sound/vibrate/LED reminders for new notifications, emails, messages, calendar events, etc. to repeat every 2/5/15/30/60 minutes or until you acknowledge them in case you missed the initial one. Check BeBuzz app to see how it works.

7.Add fuel efficiency to converter tab in calculator: MPG to liters/100km. Easy for you to do - Great for travelers.

8.USB Host Capability. This should allow you to connect usb sticks to BlackBerry devices and transfer files. BlackBerry acts as USB host.

9.Smart cards. Smart card support will allow BlackBerry 10 devices to act as access cards to physical buildings/rooms via NFC.

10.There are many apps on BlackBerry World that are Android ports, let�s find a way to interest developers in making real BlackBerry 10 apps! It�s about time.

11.Make OS improvements that will slow down battery drain on BlackBerry Z10! [EDIT: it keeps getting better, please continue to tune up]

12. Make a desktop version of Password Keeper app available for Windows and Mac OS so people can store, sync and access their passwords anywhere. This must be a super secure software.

13. Promote and promote Print To Go app among users! Why is it not on BlackBerry World??? [EDIT: it was added to BlackBerry World on 9/26/13 so someone from BlackBerry has to be reading this article. Good news!]. Once they learn about it, they will be happily sending electronic prints of their tickets, coupons, groupons, work schedules and other every day papers to their BlackBerries all the time saving paper and trees. It is one of the best BlackBerry apps which is highly underrated. Whoever wants to sideload this app to their BlackBerry - here is the link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ntoutstogo.bar Google the web to learn how to sideload apps. You will also need to do a one-time installation on your computer: BlackBerry - Print To Go - US

14. BlackBerry protect feature of BB10 OS needs to have the same functionality and flexibility as it has on legacy devices - selective or full backup and restore and so on, including PASSWORD KEEPER database (very important).

15. BlackBerry Link needs to have the same functionality and flexibility as Desktop Manager for legacy devices has - selective backup (with more itemization than just 3 choices of Settings, Media and App Data!) and restore and so on.

16. Add these functions to NETWORK CONNECTIONS Settings (or at least OS support for apps that would handle them): "Auto Manage Wi-Fi connection based on Geo location", "Auto manage Bluetooth connection based on Geo location" and "Auto manage NFC connection based on Geo location". Users would save those locations in settings and choose whether they want WiFi/BT/NFC on or off there. This will allow to free our minds from always remembering to manually turn WiFi / Bluetooth / NFC ON or OFF and will make user experience much more pleasant. Locations have to be determined based on Cellular Towers without turning on GPS which quickly eats the battery. There is a similar app for Legacy BlackBerries called Wi-Fi Manager. Please check how it works.

17. In OS 10.2: Make Instant Previews popup window font customizable so people can make it more readable and noticeable (larger letters, bold, red, etc).
    Also make the time Instant Previews appear on the screen customizable so everyone can make it last as long as they need.
    Make Instant Previews popup window size adjustable by dragging the lower end of it down to see more of a message.

18. We should be able to print documents and webpages thru WiFi-enabled printers directly from BlackBerry 10 devices.

19. From Beta Zone survey: Allow Custom LED Color Choice for Notifications. Add an option to choose a custom LED blink color for new notifications from specific contacts.

20. From Beta Zone survey: Auto On and Auto Off. Add a feature to turn the device on and off at specified times.

21. From Beta Zone survey: Change Notification Profile Based on Location or Time. Add a feature to set different Notification profiles based on location or time of day (i.e. use Silent after 11 PM and before 8 AM, or when I'm at the gym).

22. From Beta Zone survey: BlackBerry World Should Show Installed Apps When Browsing. When browsing apps, an owner should see which apps in the list are already installed on this device, and which apps have been purchased but are not downloaded.

23. From Beta Zone survey: User Account Profiles like BlackBerry Balance. Allow the creation of multiple profiles that can be individually locked independent of the others and of the overall device lock.

24. From Beta Zone survey: Add Customizable Q10/Q5 Keyboard Shortcuts. Allow the creation and modification of custom keyboard shortcuts on the Q10/Q5.

25. Make more frequent OS updates available to download freely on BlackBerry.com (with bug fixes), do not make people wait until super-slow carriers start pushing it a year later. This REALLY frustrates a LOT of users.

26. The is a bug in 10.2.1.1055: when using "Navigate to..." command in Voice Control instead of BB Maps some random Android apps open.

27. The is a bug in 10.2.1.1055: some Android ported apps use landscape rotation to perform certain functions. When launched it screws the rotation completely and tilting the phone doesn't help. For example Barcode scanner: https://db.tt/2Mdmrf2R

28. Voice Control really needs a LOT of improvements, it's so lame, undeveloped, seems like an afterthought, even 3rd party SayIt app is WAY better. Samsung uses a robust REAL time voice recognition -- come on BlackBerry, let's keep up with 21st century!! Drop Nuance or whoever is the current provider for speech recognition and text-to-speech. Learn from SayIt app but improve it to be in REAL time! Make it possible to download a database so we can choose to use it without internet at least for most common commands.
    Also important to remember to support as many languages as possible including non-Latin ones. This is how you grow your user base.

29. Add "Auto brightness" choice to display settings so the screen changes its brightness according to the surrounding conditions (brighter on sunny day outside and less bright in the darkness).

BlackBerry Maps Missing features + things to improve

1. Readability issue: App needs thicker, juicier colors for traffic visibility (green, yellow, red) on every scale level not just when zoomed in - we need to quickly see the big picture and also be able to distinguish which direction of the highway is in traffic without zooming in on every area of the way - that's dangerous behind the wheel. Look at the screenshots I'm attaching to compare it to Google maps and see how it's supposed to be: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...RRY%20maps.jpg
    The color of Green Traffic is the same as the color of parks and green zones on BlackBerry Maps. Make it different so they don�t blend together.

2. Add more streets to Show traffic feature when zoomed in on local level, right now it's only a handful and losing to Google maps again. The same goes to HIGHWAY RAMPS ON EXITS and ENTRANCES, right now no traffic provided for these critical areas.
    3. Add 1 more color for standstill traffic (for example Google maps has black-red-black for it).
    4. Make traffic data more accurate and detailed! Get more traffic providers that do it in REAL TIME.
    5. Add these crucial modes to the maps (walk, public transit, bicycle, satellite, terrain, panoramic street view). People live outside their cars you know.
    6. App needs + and - buttons for zooming for 1 hand operation in addition to pinch-zoom.
    7. Make night mode available not only to navigation but to regular map view also. It will save battery.
    8. Maps should have EXIT NUMBERS marked on highways.
    9. Add "Download for offline usage" option to download and store chosen portions of the certain map on SD card or internal memory. You will get a lot of new customers who love outdoor activities or traveling abroad to save on super expensive roaming charges. This will also allow us to put the phone into Airplane mode to save the battery.

Navigation Bugs, Errors and Missing features

1. Add ability to share link to a live webpage with current road location and Estimated Time of Arrival of the active route via text, email, BBM, WhatsApp. This feature is already present on Waze app, please see how it works and implement it.
    2. Add actual time of arrival to information bar instead of just traveling time, they can rotate to save space on screen: show 2 seconds one, 2 seconds the other.
    3.Make exit numbers stand out: Letters on top where exit numbers are written are too small and grey.
    4. Add lane guidance on screen and with voice (similar to Mireo Don't Panic Navigation App from BlackBerry World).
    5. Offer 3 alternative routes before starting navigation.
    6. If Maps app is accidentally closed before reaching the destination remember that route and offer to continue when launched next time (like Waze navigation app does).
    7. Suggest to keep right with voice when the carpool lane is on the left side of the road and you chose to avoid carpool lanes in the settings.
    8. Add preview individual turns feature when you press on them from the directions list.
    9. Add detour option to menu with ability to detour next turn, next 2 turns, etc. OR to detour next 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 5, 10, etc. miles.
    10. Add voice prompts to keep left or right when approaching point where highway is splitting into two or three.
    11. Update route menu option is grayed out - currently not working.
    12. We need to be able to add MULTIPLE VIA POINTS to the route before starting navigation as well as to an active route while navigating. This is a VERY IMPORTANT feature.
    13. When reaching the destination, BlackBerry Maps always says and shows "Your destination is STRAIGHT ahead". Even the old Garmin XT app on my ancient Windows phone says the destination is on either LEFT or RIGHT. Very helpful when driving in unfamiliar areas. Please add this simple feature.

Error that I found when traveling south from route 28 and merging with highway i-93 South in Boston metro area. The navigation told and showed wrong i-95 instead of i-93 which is totally different highway here [as of 11/27/2013 this error is still present] Please fix this and look for similar errors, there might be more.
    To be fair BlackBerry Maps do have many features that are superior to those on Google Maps or Waze app: pleasant appearance, responsiveness, ease of use, color theme, arrows showing oneway streets when zoomed in and my favorite - voice guidance the quality of which is AMAZING!

Here is the page with some very interesting ideas (showing pictures, videos) Click HERE.

Also I found this list of suggested features that BlackBerry Beta Zone Team has developed. Some of them are the same I came up with. Let's make BlackBerry better!

Add Resource Monitor or Task Manager [EDIT: Added in 10.2.1 leaked OS]
    Add a function to monitor performance of the device (CPU, membery, battery, data I/O, etc), and to maintain a historical record of performance. This will help an owner to self-manage their usage to improve battery life.

Battery Percentage Indicator [EDIT: Added in 10.2.1.1055 leaked OS]
    Add a feature to show the actual percentage of battery power remaining.

Built-in Panorama mode
    Add a camera feature to take and stitch together panoramic photos.

Allow Custom LED Color Choice for Notifications
    Add an option to choose a custom LED blink color for new notifications from specific contacts.

Additional Options for Device Password Lock [EDIT: Added in 10.2.1.1055 leaked OS]
    Add additional options for the device password lock, such as:
    numeric only, gesture sequence, facial recognition.

BlackBerry Protect Feature Parity with BBOS
    Improve BlackBerry Protect 10 to match the feature set of BlackBerry Protect for BBOS.

Add Extra Gestures
    Such as: lock screen gestures, swipe up and right to expose apps list, two finger down swipe to lock device, swipe to delete message in Hub, swipe to switch between open messages and/or open apps.

Allow Switch Between White and Black Themes [EDIT: Added in 10.2.1 leaked OS for Contacts, Text Messages, BBM, Calendar]
    The Z10 shipped with a while application theme and the Q10 shipped with a black application theme. Add a feature in Settings to allow the user to choose between the two on both devices.

Format Videos for sharing over BBM
    Add a feature to shrink videos for sharing through BBM.

After a Timeout Period Reset Hub to Default Hub View
    Add an option to reset the Hub to the default 'Hub' view after a certain timeout period (like after the device goes to sleep). This will ensure the owner doesn't have to manually exit specific accounts to see the Hub view (which will keep Peek as a more useful gesture).

Browser Should Detect Phone Numbers
    The Browser app should detect phone numbers on pages and make them clickable, which should launch the Phone into a phone call to that number (perhaps with a confirmation dialog box).

Wi-Fi Calling
    Support UMA/IMS calling for carriers that allow/support the technology, for phone calls over Wi-Fi. This is beneficial in low coverage areas and typically lowers calling cost.

Create Contact Groups For Mass Emailing/Messaging [EDIT: Added in 10.2.1.1055 leaked OS]
    Add a feature to create contact groups that can be emailed, SMS messaged, or BBMed all at once.

Auto On and Auto Off
    Add a feature to turn the device on and off at specified times.

BlackBerry Bridge Feature Parity with BBOS
    Improve BlackBerry Bridge 10 to match the feature set of BlackBerry Bridge for BBOS.

Change Notification Profile Based on Location or Time

Add a feature to set different Notification profiles based on location or time of day (i.e. use Silent after 11 PM and before 8 AM, or when I'm at the gym).

User Account Profiles like BlackBerry Balance
    Allow the creation of multiple profiles that can be individually locked independent of the others and of the overall device lock.

Add Option for Delete On Handheld for Email
    [EDIT: Added in 10.2.1.1055 leaked OS]
    Allow an owner to Delete On Handheld and not delete from the mailbox for email accounts.

Contact Birthdays Should Show Yearly on Calendar
    When an owner enters a birthday for a contact, the birthday should show on the calendar yearly.

BlackBerry World Should Show Installed Apps When Browsing
    When browsing apps, an owner should see which apps in the list are already installed on this device, and which apps have been purchased but are not downloaded.

Hide Icons on Home Screen
    On the Home Screen, an owner should be able to hide icons they do not want to see.

Specific Camera File Names
    File names for pictures and videos from the Camera app should contain the date and/or location information instead of a sequencial identfier (00000001 vs. Waterloo-20120307-00001).

Allow Multiple Pages or Scrolling in Application Folders
    On the Home Screen, allow application folders to contain more than one page of apps per folder.

Show Date When Performing Peek Function
    The date should be shown when the owner performs a Peek gesture into the hub.

Holster-Specific Notification Profiles
    An owner should be able to set a a certain profile to become active when the device is holstered.

Show World Clock Times on Lock Screen
    Add a feature to show the World Clock times from the Clock app on the Lock Screen.

Add Customizable Q10 Keyboard Shortcuts
    Allow the creation and modification of custom keyboard shortcuts on the Q10.

Remember Should Store Call History Information With Call Notes
    When creating call notes, the Remember app should also store the call history information (who, what, when, where).

Add Options for Request Read Receipt and Request Delivery Receipt to Hub

Add Home Screen Icon for Voice Recorder
    An owner should be able to access Voice Recorder directly without going through the Remember app.

Phone Call History Pane Should Allow Creating Call Notes From a Call Record
    In the Phone app, an owner should be able to store call notes against an already-terminated call from the Call History screen.

Sort World Clock List by Time Zone

Sort the world clock city list by time zone instead of the order by which they are added.

Story Maker Pictures Should Fill the Entire Song
    In Story Maker, the selected media should display through the entire song(s), instead of looping the same content or cutting the song short.

I want to point out that I'm criticizing not to be mean but to make BlackBerry better. In today's highly competitive smartphone market BlackBerry needs not just to be on par with iPhone and Android OS but better, offer features people didn't know they needed but then can't live without. It's all the small details that make a big difference to choose BlackBerry or not. If BlackBerry needs a real-life person with brains for testing or other help, I'm ready for it.
    Keep moving!
    Last edited by Vito B; 02-04-14 at 06:59 AM.
    09-25-13 05:28 PM
    So if I understand you correctly, you're looking to put the ice cube in hot water and not have it melt, correct?

I agree with a handful of these - but a lot seem personal opinion and wouldn't exactly make BB10 come out above the rest.
    09-25-13 06:01 PM
    @OP: Thanks for the effort you obviously put into this.

Have you participated in BB Beta Zone surveys and given your feedback straight to BBRY that way?
    09-25-13 06:32 PM
    OP: Email this list to [email protected] . As far as I know, they will read every email but will not necessarily respond. You have a great compiled list here of feature requests, many of which I agree with.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    09-25-13 06:48 PM
    So if I understand you correctly, you're looking to put the ice cube in hot water and not have it melt, correct?

I agree with a handful of these - but a lot seem personal opinion and wouldn't exactly make BB10 come out above the rest.
    You might not think all of the items in the list are important, but they won't hurt you either. Most of them are very valid points and would only improve the OS.

--Q10 and Canadian all the way! Posted via CB10 on 10.2.0.1443. #IChooseBlackBerry10
    Vito B likes this.
    09-25-13 06:50 PM
    Also, BlackBerry needs to fix the %b macro bug in Word Substitutions.

Elite1 likes this.
    09-25-13 06:51 PM
    Also, BlackBerry needs to fix the %b macro bug in Word Substitutions.

Yes I agree with this!
    It's built in for some punctuation like comma and period obviously, but not for others like colon or even their own br/rb stock Word Sub items for parentheses.

I use these macros in a few custom Word Sub items, so I'd love to see this oversight resolved.
    09-25-13 07:09 PM

Not all the people use all the features the phone has, we are all different and use our phones for different purposes. But it is important to understand that the phone needs to have many more features than 1 particular person will use - this will allow the phone to adapt to every person. It is at the end a SMART phone right?
    mujahid 10 and kbz1960 like this.
    09-25-13 08:32 PM
    @OP: Thanks for the effort you obviously put into this.

Have you participated in BB Beta Zone surveys and given your feedback straight to BBRY that way?
    I missed the big one about a month ago. They should either make them more frequent or keep them open all the time. I participated in one today though thru BlackBerry Beta Zone.
    Elite1 likes this.
    09-25-13 08:36 PM
    OP: Email this list to [email protected] . As far as I know, they will read every email but will not necessarily respond. You have a great compiled list here of feature requests, many of which I agree with.

Thank you, forwarded to that address, hopefully you are right and they read every email.
    tahabashir1991 likes this.
    09-25-13 10:09 PM
    Dual boot with android via the Android runtime
    09-26-13 12:59 AM
    Some great points in your feedback. I really hope somebody from BlackBerry is reading this. A lot in that list though and would probably take a year to implement all of it.

Good job!

Posted via CB10
    Vito B likes this.
    09-26-13 01:55 AM

Definitely agree.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.4780 O2 UK
    09-26-13 11:03 AM
    OP

I wish BlackBerry had you on their testing staff!
    Vito B and Elite1 like this.
    09-26-13 02:10 PM
    Thank you, forwarded to that address, hopefully you are right and they read every email.
    I did send this article to that email address. Thank you for providing it!
    09-27-13 03:45 PM
    I definitely agree with you OP. you're the main voice of almost everyone of us using BB10. yes it is a new OS, yes it is a new UX, yes it is a new user paradigm, yes it boasts many new features but the room for improvement still has such a huge space inside.

please, shout this out to the Beta Zone team and let's hope some of your ideas (or even ALL) will be translated and reflected into the next OS updates. 10.2 is coming, I believe some of your concerns have been preliminarily addressed but you got lots of good points which might help the OS team to go about and improve the UX.

#keepmoving that's why #ichooseblackberry10!!!
    Vito B likes this.
    09-27-13 04:52 PM
    More perfect....? impossible! I really hope somebody from BlackBerry gets some of your great suggestions, at least since I'm sure not all them would be implemented right away but your ideas, whether are needed for everybody or not are really great and most of all, feasible!!!

Posted via CB10
    Vito B likes this.
    09-27-13 07:33 PM
    The problem is not the os, it's lack of apps and "poor specs". Bbos10 seems solid and well built.

Sent from my LT28i using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-13 07:51 PM
    They definitely need to fix the fact that the phone will not automatically scroll down with a multiple lined text message..
    09-27-13 09:07 PM
    They definitely need to fix the fact that the phone will not automatically scroll down with a multiple lined text message..
    It shouldn't even need to scroll. The text box should just keep getting taller.

09-27-13 09:10 PM
    Ideally if they had every app iOS and Android, it would be the best platform out there.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and amp323 like this.
    09-27-13 09:17 PM
    Nice list op

Posted via CB10
    Vito B likes this.
    09-27-13 09:39 PM
    Wow! I have bookmarked this post. Lot's of great ideas for us to work on.
    Vito B likes this.
    10-02-13 10:18 AM
    Thank you, I have added some new ideas to Media Files, Sharing and General parts, added links to a couple of screenshots. Feel free to submit your thoughts too.
    Last edited by Vito B; 10-02-13 at 01:51 PM.
    10-02-13 12:16 PM
    Also thank you for a great app of Fire Chest Backup! Installed today. That's the kind of people BlackBerry needs!
    10-02-13 01:58 PM
59 123