@elfabio80

I signed up for their beta program on Google Play. At present I'm on 3.2.2000373

And just recently another reason why the passport is lagging. Threema now supports voice calls but the BB10 android runtime can't support them - need to be on a full android or iOS for them to work. (Threema tells me its because the runtime doesn't support WebRTC)
    09-16-17 11:36 AM
    I have had many disappointments with my Q10 and will be getting the KEYone soon. I love this phone but the time has come. I have had terrible experiences with BlackBerry Maps and have been saved one too many times with Google Maps on my wife's phone. I am missing professional apps as well as personal ones that would be very useful. Red Cross Tornado app is a must (the radios suck).

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 11:57 AM
    Try Nav Free and enjoy it...after entering the destination you can choose which maps to use, google maps too.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 12:12 PM
    Try Nav Free and enjoy it...after entering the destination you can choose which maps to use, google maps too.

Posted via CB10
    Is it native or a port? I'm done with ported apps, sideloading, etc. All were battery killers.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 02:45 PM
    I tried the Priv last year and after a single trip around the world with it as my daily driver, I got fed up and went back to my Passport (mostly because of BB Travel) and kept the Priv for the Camera.

I haven't had any show stopper issues with apps on my BB10 devices yet. With google maps, Threema, BBM Enterprise, Orfox/Orbot/Firefox and an unlocked version of Office Suite I have everything I need on there to get me through my travels.

I tolerated the lack of OpenVPN support. IKEv2 is great until a hotel or ISP decides to block it.

But the straw that broke the camels back was a discovery that BB10 routes its communications to the BB NOC via your cellular carrier when a Sim Card is installed.

I had been to Russia twice before with zero issues on BB10 and on the 3rd trip my Passport was a brick due to recent events with them blocking all BB IPs. No access to BB Apps on BB World, no BBM, no BBM Enterprise.

The Priv on the other hand I had with me for photos worked fine when on an OpenVPN and was able to bypass the blocks without issue because it doesn't require the cell provider to route its communications to the NOC.

So that's when I decided it was time to make the jump back to BB Android with the Keyone.

I really miss my passport. But for what I need a phone to do, it's failing to keep up with the Keyone.
    Wow, some interesting stuff. Why is it blocked in Russia? I am naive to some of the stuff mentioned also why does blackberry route for security? Does this slow one down from a network stance as in like utilizing a proxy?

 Passport SE  via Native CB10 .bar
    09-16-17 03:40 PM
    Is it native or a port? I'm done with ported apps, sideloading, etc. All were battery killers.

Posted via CB10
    I think NavFree is Native as remember using it. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. I did Remove google maps as it was a battery killer but other apps I have are fine or at least worth it. Especially when shut down run when minimized. I actually had some Native stuff that was killing me running headless that was more of an issue. I didn't use it anyway so now I just install it if I need it as fellow forum member brookie suggested. Works well and my battery Is happy enough on my Passport SE.

09-16-17 03:44 PM
    I think NavFree is Native as remember using it. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. I did Remove google maps as it was a battery killer but other apps I have are fine or at least worth it. Especially when shut down run when minimized. I actually had some Native stuff that was killing me running headless that was more of an issue. I didn't use it anyway so now I just install it if I need it as fellow forum member brookie suggested. Works well and my battery Is happy enough on my Passport SE.

Passport seems to handle the Android apps much better.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 03:48 PM
    Passport seems to handle the Android apps much better.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, especially with a rolled back runtime.
    I sometimes check things on my Q10 before adding to my PPSE. It's the dual core versus the 801's quad core amazing & PROVEN processor! Q10 does chug along though even in 2017 but no doubt what so ever the Passport is much faster at loading Droid apps. Half the time or less..

09-16-17 04:07 PM
    I really had no issues with my Q10 app wise - it did everything I needed and things I wanted (ie - fitbit sync without killing my battery) I adapted to doing other ways. But my beloved Q was showing it's love (use) over the years and the hardware becoming a bit unreliable...so I made the switch to the K1 and miss the ease of BB10 OS. Slowly adjusting ....
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-16-17 04:23 PM
    I agree, especially with a rolled back runtime.
    I sometimes check things on my Q10 before adding to my PPSE. It's the dual core versus the 801's quad core amazing & PROVEN processor! Q10 does chug along though even in 2017 but no doubt what so ever the Passport is much faster at loading Droid apps. Half the time or less..

Yeah, this point is often overlooked in the forums when someone says Android apps don't work well. Passport can handle it.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 04:26 PM
    Yeah, this point is often overlooked in the forums when someone says Android apps don't work well. Passport can handle it.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. There are Android apps that are just too slow for the Z10 that run fine on Passport.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-16-17 05:21 PM
    In all honesty, bb10 still works out good for me! Although I dont rely on apps as heavily as others I am starting to get frustrated with the limitations appwise and browser wise. Even browsie browser is lacking in speed. I want so much for bb10 to last but I think it's apparent that my needs are becoming more for what I need my phone to do. Don't get me wrong I love bb10 and my Q10 and it's really gonna be hard to seperate from them but the time us coming soon. To end on positives for bb10, the os is still so fluid and fun to use compared to my android and apple devices, calls, txts, and email is the best to handle on my Q10, and imo the multi tasking is so much better on bb10 when I'm editing documents, responding to messages, and listening to music/videos all at the same time!! Android and apple can't handle it

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 05:36 PM
    I am still BB10 strong! Apps aren't important to me but I have quite a few good ones that still work flawlessly. I am interested in the K1 but can't justify buying a new phone.

*hint hint CrackBerry...that Black version sure is sexy! Almost as sexy as Michelle, Bla1ze and all whole CB team. Ok a little kissing up can't hurt right? LoL

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 06:05 PM
    Wow, some interesting stuff. Why is it blocked in Russia? I am naive to some of the stuff mentioned also why does blackberry route for security? Does this slow one down from a network stance as in like utilizing a proxy?

Blocked because a law was passed that forces all ISP's and companies working with messaging (Facebook, Google etc) to register with the regulator. This registration means that they must keep Russian customer data for a certain period of months and have it available to authorities at their request.

Most companies who deal with encrypted data registered so they wouldnt be blocked. If they get a data request, all they can hand over is encrypted data with no keys.

Blackberry got blocked because they didn't register before the deadline - this in effect resulted in the complete abandonment of all BB users in Russia.

As for the NOC being routed through Cell providers. It only occurs if a Sim card is inserted. If you remove the Sim, then BB10 connects directly to the NOC when on wifi.

So the carrier is in no way required to connect to the NOC, and on BB android the phone always connects directly with the NOC (Wi-Fi or cellular).

I wonder if it's a carry over from the BIS days on BB7
    09-16-17 06:29 PM
    In all honesty, bb10 still works out good for me! Although I dont rely on apps as heavily as others I am starting to get frustrated with the limitations appwise and browser wise. Even browsie browser is lacking in speed. I want so much for bb10 to last but I think it's apparent that my needs are becoming more for what I need my phone to do. Don't get me wrong I love bb10 and my Q10 and it's really gonna be hard to seperate from them but the time us coming soon. To end on positives for bb10, the os is still so fluid and fun to use compared to my android and apple devices, calls, txts, and email is the best to handle on my Q10, and imo the multi tasking is so much better on bb10 when I'm editing documents, responding to messages, and listening to music/videos all at the same time!! Android and apple can't handle it

Posted via CB10
    Try Q Browser Pro. Spectacular and he keeps it updated. I like Evolution to but I think Q Browser has even that beat for speed... he updates to, hoping it got marked down for getting updated. At least the pro version. It's not my main browser as in Q Browser Pro. Small native, fast!.. updated!

09-16-17 08:36 PM
    Try Q Browser Pro. Spectacular and he keeps it updated. I like Evolution to but I think Q Browser has even that beat for speed... he updates to, hoping it got marked down for getting updated. At least the pro version. It's not my main browser as in Q Browser Pro. Small native, fast!.. updated!

Hey thanks for the suggestions! Just tried q browser, it's pretty awesome!! Think I'll try the pro version as well

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 08:42 PM
    Blocked because a law was passed that forces all ISP's and companies working with messaging (Facebook, Google etc) to register with the regulator. This registration means that they must keep Russian customer data for a certain period of months and have it available to authorities at their request.

Most companies who deal with encrypted data registered so they wouldnt be blocked. If they get a data request, all they can hand over is encrypted data with no keys.

Blackberry got blocked because they didn't register before the deadline - this in effect resulted in the complete abandonment of all BB users in Russia.

As for the NOC being routed through Cell providers. It only occurs if a Sim card is inserted. If you remove the Sim, then BB10 connects directly to the NOC when on wifi.

So the carrier is in no way required to connect to the NOC, and on BB android the phone always connects directly with the NOC (Wi-Fi or cellular).

I wonder if it's a carry over from the BIS days on BB7
    Holy Cow! What type of constitution does Russia have..

..and it's encrypted anyway. LOL

Didn't BlackBerry hand out keys once? Verified? To the U.S.A government I think or?... supposedly anyway!

One thing I will give them is at least they are honest about it as in Russia. LOL.. so, wow.. I won't even ask anymore as have so many questions but appreciate the informative briefing.

Here I thought the MotherLand was allot more easy going hence the way VK is with its features of piracy over Facebook. I guess their is allot of crime to be solved this way!

09-16-17 08:47 PM
    Hey thanks for the suggestions! Just tried q browser, it's pretty awesome!! Think I'll try the pro version as well

Posted via CB10
    Not a problem and I meant it's my "main" browser now.
    Also, he's a great dev (Chinese developer) who pays attention. Let me know if you find something missing as so far, I have not had something I needed not be there. Especially once I tweaked the settings to my liking. It's great for smaller screens too!

Even more so let the dev know as he fixes and adds things as needed. It really is a great browser and glad I've found Q Browser Pro. Worth every cent!

09-16-17 08:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes native, you found it in BlackBerry world...I have plenty of third parts apps ad my battery is fine with PPSE

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 06:07 AM
    Yes native, you found it in BlackBerry world...I have plenty of third parts apps ad my battery is fine with PPSE

Posted via CB10
    +1 it really depends on the app. Have to go through and check what's running the the backround and stuff as I had native apps that I didn't use that I deleted that seemed to save me even more. I suppose this is a rule even for Android, etc. It's just how it is which why in a way.. apps may be not as relevant in the future as BlackBerry knew long ago when can have one app as in a browser for most things! Not all, but most as in at least social media, etc.

09-17-17 02:43 PM
    +1 it really depends on the app. Have to go through and check what's running the the backround and stuff as I had native apps that I didn't use that I deleted that seemed to save me even more. I suppose this is a rule even for Android, etc. It's just how it is which why in a way.. apps may be not as relevant in the future as BlackBerry knew long ago when can have one app as in a browser for most things! Not all, but most as in at least social media, etc.

For the apps/battery problem go to settings, app manager and for every app you have set off the "Run when reduced to icon" option.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 03:55 PM
    For the apps/battery problem go to settings, app manager and for every app you have set off the "Run when reduced to icon" option.

Posted via CB10
    Run when minimized, I agree! Except for very limited few. I don't for voxer for my situation but mostly all else.. agree.

09-17-17 04:02 PM
    Nothing in the world will make me leave BlackBerry 10. I could care less about apps. I don't care for any form of social media. I've owned the classic...passport..priv..and now the BlackBerry leap which you will have to pry from my cold dead hand!

BlackBerry for life!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 05:09 PM
    The biggest problem I had with BB10 and forced me to move on is that it does not connect to my work which uses Airwatch. It’s also missing tons of apps that I need for work (beside the games and social networks lol).

Basically my Z30, which was supposed to be a smartphone became nothing more than a «*dumb phone*+» which can only do calls and text.
    09-17-17 05:24 PM
    Oh bob don't forget it can still do email! Lol although I get where your coming from, no sense in keeping something that won't work properly for you.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-17 04:08 PM
63 123