I myself have zero issues and still think is is superior to android in many ways. I did have an issue with Showbox now solved. I found FacePRO for facebook, solved!

The "iMO App" stopped working which was a huge deal to me and that was solved easily too 'with help from a fellow forum member. So in my particular case I have no issues with BB10 ATM but would love to hear others praise as well as bash with their issues or good experiences in 2017.

The only real app that I would probably have that I don't is Snapchat but it is what it is and even that we have Casper. It's not 100 but does work. Also it's not dire for me!..

Most apps I see are still ICS and above so we have a ways to go imo. Then we can use browsers, wish somebody would create one for BB10 like origami was for the playbook. We have time though. Even most of the apps that I see which require higher versions of droid Dalvik (ART) have secondary versions aimed at JB or prior hence they work.

This should be interesting with allot of people like me and allot of opposition. I suppose everybody's different...

#longLiveBB10 #LongLiveThePassport

Wolf?

 Passport SE  via Native CB10 .bar
    09-14-17 02:34 PM
    Zero..... I gave up having to deal with limitation over two years ago.

Too be honest the most frustrating thing for me was the Z10's limited battery life and the need to carry a spare battery everywhere. But still there were apps that I wanted and could not use, or apps that only partially worked that I "lived with". Maybe if I owned a Z30 I'd have stuck it out a little longer, but my two years was up and it was time for a new phone..... Miss some features of BB10 and wish things had worked out differently.

If BB10 works for you... use it.
    DreadPirateRegan likes this.
    09-14-17 03:10 PM
    Zero..... I gave up having to deal with limitation over two years ago.

Too be honest the most frustrating thing for me was the Z10's limited battery life and the need to carry a spare battery everywhere. But still there were apps that I wanted and could not use, or apps that only partially worked that I "lived with". Maybe if I owned a Z30 I'd have stuck it out a little longer, but my two years was up and it was time for a new phone..... Miss some features of BB10 and wish things had worked out differently.

If BB10 works for you... use it.
    Agreed, sorry to hear. Heck removal able batterys is a dying breed except with LG. However that can be argued as into why, very easily. Bigger!

Sorry it didn't work out for you. Not even as a secondary phone? Backup? Did you have a passport not that it would correct any app situations but the battery, maybe.....

Out of the apps, was there any Main Stream apps that you remember you needed that you just could not get?..

I don't have that issue thus far and consider myself a ridiculously heavy app user but also enjoy tinkering but didn't realize I enjoyed the tinkering until recently. Hah.

'----DPR

09-14-17 03:24 PM
    The ONLY app missing/dead that affected me was losing my TD Bank app. It stopped working about 3 weeks ago so I downloaded and installed the android TD app from Google Play Store (via Yalp) and it works much better than my old BB10 native app. The only limitations the android app has is no location services (don't care) and no mobile cheque deposit (which my old BB10 app did not have anyway) which I never need anyway since I don't receive any cheques. I use direct deposit for everything. Well, one time last year I received a rebate cheque that I had to go all the way to my bank and cash (2 blocks). I see the writing on the wall and have an android device on the way.
    09-14-17 03:32 PM
    The ONLY app missing/dead that affected me was losing my TD Bank app. It stopped working about 3 weeks ago so I downloaded and installed the android TD app from Google Play Store (via Yalp) and it works much better than my old BB10 native app. The only limitations the android app has is no location services (don't care) and no mobile cheque deposit (which my old BB10 app did not have anyway) which I never need anyway since I don't receive any cheques. I use direct deposit for everything. Well, one time last year I received a rebate cheque that I had to go all the way to my bank and cash (2 blocks). I see the writing on the wall and have an android device on the way.
    Noooo Brookie!! Say it isn't so.. K1?
    I imagine not if didn't specify? ...

I am surprised they even had a BB10 version. Cool.

That's not so bad? Hey, is YALP Apitode?

...Or Fdroid in another name? I keep hearing u say it.

Thanks for sharing..

-dpr

09-14-17 03:37 PM
    Well, the lack of Google Hangouts (I tried all the work-arounds and was unable to get it running - likely because work uses dual factor authentication) was a deal breaker - my "hindrance".

I have changed operating systems often enough - programming since 1978, starting on punch cards - that I don't get all bent out of shape about how BB10 is so much "superior" to everything else.

My laptop is Windows, my table is IOS and my phone is a BB Droid.

Life goes on.

Adapt or die, use whatever works well for you.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and mbirth like this.
    09-14-17 03:38 PM
    Well, the lack of Google Hangouts (I tried all the work-arounds and was unable to get it running - likely because work uses dual factor authentication) was a deal breaker - my "hindrance".

I have changed operating systems often enough - programming since 1978, starting on punch cards - that I don't get all bent out of shape about how BB10 is so much "superior" to everything else.

My laptop is Windows, my table is IOS and my phone is a BB Droid.

Life goes on.

Adapt or die, use whatever works well for you.
    Very Diverse you are, indeed.

I suppose some fall in love, some don't. Haha

...it sure does. Just different, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. I just see the potential BB10 had and they just didn't have the marketing and somebother areas where they wouldn't change fast enough and it bugs me. It was in the BAG way back yonder...

09-14-17 03:39 PM
    Very Diverse you are, indeed.

I suppose some fall in love, some don't. Haha

...it sure does. Just different, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. I just see the potential BB10 had and they just didn't have the marketing and somebother areas where they wouldn't change fast enough and it bugs me. It was in the BAG way back yonder...

It didn't have the apps either...

We didn't get APK installation abilities to almost eight months after launch and SNAP and Cobalt came much later than that. Even once those were available, it was still more than the average consumer would dream about attempting. No marketing was going to change that... and Enterprise stopped caring the minute the For Sale sign went up.

Too be honest I can't remember all the apps I had issues with.... My Disney Experience was one, go to Disney World twice a year and it's a must have app. You could load it and run some features, but patching didn't work with the mapping part and it crashed really often. Had to rely on wife's iphone every time (back then).

Two calculation apps I use were Android 5.0 only and that was two years ago....

Directv app had issues.

Facebook App was pretty bad compared to Android, but I never could get the Android version to work on BB10.
    09-14-17 04:02 PM
    Not at all. If anything I find it quite liberating. Not that I don't notice degradation of experience, but that for me the experience I have is still superior to all others available. I'll give just one example.

I used to interact with Facebook exclusivity using BB10, and for the most part now show still do using the web browser. This is not anywhere near as good as the Native BB10 Facebook application was, but this degradation made me look to the PC browser and iPad application experience for a time. I can see the attractions that are there. But as a professional who has been using "deep learning" technology longer than the social media giants I can also recognise the manipulation attempts by Facebook and those who work to monetize Facebook users. The poor support for this on BB10 is for me a comfortable insulator from the all too obvious cultivation going on.

I have had similar, though not identical experiences with most other mobile applications. Most people I know, regardless of the brand they use are spending less and less time in the mobile space. Life gets better.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    09-14-17 04:08 PM
    Only one app...Signal. But it was not negotiable, as a isn't required it. I've been double carrying my Z10 and a Priv, but hope to move to the KEYone as my daily driver in the next week or so. I received it last week and I've been experimenti.g with different set ups.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-14-17 04:22 PM
    Thankfully BlackBerry Android came out when it did, because I was at the end of my rope.

I needed the full Microsoft Office Suite, and a File Manager that could actually do something - FTP, Webdav, cloud sources (other than DropBox and Box), etc. Mobile deposits became a must for me as well.

And hurrah for a browser that I can sync to my other devices!
    09-14-17 06:01 PM
    If my power button hadn't given out on my z30 I'd probably still be using it. And prior to that my z10's earpiece went out or I probably wouldn't have even went the z30 route. But now that I have a priv Google Maps is far & away the app I appreciate the most. I like BlackBerry Maps but it was too unreliable at the most inopportune times.
    09-14-17 06:13 PM
    it wasn't even apps that did it for me. almost 2 years ago the browser just let me down far too often
    09-14-17 06:13 PM
    If my power button hadn't given out on my z30 I'd probably still be using it. And prior to that my z10's earpiece went out or I probably wouldn't have even went the z30 route. But now that I have a priv Google Maps is far & away the app I appreciate the most. I like BlackBerry Maps but it was too unreliable at the most inopportune times.
    @conite gave me G-maps and works flawless.

I don't use it but as use BeMapsPro when I do need it which isn't often but I remember it working. I suppose this wasn't available then though. Some really great responses here.

09-14-17 07:02 PM
    Only one app...Signal. But it was not negotiable, as a isn't required it. I've been double carrying my Z10 and a Priv, but hope to move to the KEYone as my daily driver in the next week or so. I received it last week and I've been experimenti.g with different set ups.

I know signal, sms/mms secure by umm, whisperer or something different? If so I had that working awhile back on my passport it was pretty cool however not sure if the newer versions work as I stick with voxer, imo, BBM then the built in blackberry hub BB10 sms/mms messenger. I have been lucky thus far!..

09-14-17 07:05 PM
    @conite gave me G-maps and works flawless.

I don't use it but as use BeMapsPro when I do need it which isn't often but I remember it working. I suppose this wasn't available then though. Some really great responses here.

Yea I went the patched apps route too but they were ultimately too unresponsive when I needed them the most. Generally when I resort to GPS maps, I need em quick!
    BigBadWulf and mbirth like this.
    09-14-17 07:09 PM
    Nothing. Use my Z30 to communicate and make notes ("Noted"). Check weather. News.
    09-15-17 08:10 AM
    For me it's BlackBerry Passport for the love of BlackBerry!! And priv for the sake of app and love for BlackBerry! But in the end I love passport more than priv for sake of BlackBerry 10!!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 08:25 AM
    Yea I went the patched apps route too but they were ultimately too unresponsive when I needed them the most. Generally when I resort to GPS maps, I need em quick!
    I agree. The patched Android apps performance on my nearly 5-year-old Z10 is abysmal. I am still a huge BB10 fan, but I don't recommend using BB10 if what one really wants is to run Android apps.

Using BB10 for its native functionality is still awesome and snappy on old hardware, however. Highly recommended for people who can live with that!

09-15-17 08:39 AM
    I agree. The patched Android apps performance on my nearly 5-year-old Z10 is abysmal. I am still a huge BB10 fan, but I don't recommend using BB10 if what one really wants is to run Android apps.

Using BB10 for its native functionality is still awesome and snappy on old hardware, however. Highly recommended for people who can live with that!

Yep. The patched apps never worked as well on my Z30 as they have for others. I eventually just decided to rely on the native apps which generally suited my needs just fine. If it weren't for the hardware failures I would've never went the PRIV route. Considered getting a Classic but ultimately preferred the option to have both vkb & pkb.
    09-15-17 09:17 AM
    So far, there is no killer app that I really need that will make me leave my Z30. There are a few apps that I would like to have, like Spotify & YouTube for my Chromecast, but for that I can use my old iPad. Also, the browser still works fine for most of my favourite mobile sites. Actually, I kind of like that the OS isn't so popular. Makes me feel like I'm more off the grid than the Big Two OS's. I'm starting to get why there are still some hold outs on flip phones. Fight the power! LOL.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-17 07:37 PM
    So far, there is no killer app that I really need that will make me leave my Z30. There are a few apps that I would like to have, like Spotify & YouTube for my Chromecast, but for that I can use my old iPad. Also, the browser still works fine for most of my favourite mobile sites. Actually, I kind of like that the OS isn't so popular. Makes me feel like I'm more off the grid than the Big Two OS's. I'm starting to get why there are still some hold outs on flip phones. Fight the power! LOL.

Posted via CB10
    LOL, right on fight the power.

Maybe android took over as they wanted to access to the whole kingdom like Snowden tells us and blackberry or BB10 really is or was that secure. I would not put it past Merica!...

I'm sure you know of SuperTube? It's better then android. I talk to him on FB and call him Legend. Lol. It's that's good! Updated just a few weeks ago. It really is "SUPER"...

I use XiaaPro on Passport and works great once patched. For regular music get Music Finder out of BlackBerry world or music finder Donation (pro) as they are awesome. Shhh...

-DPR

09-15-17 08:27 PM
    Wolf?
    The important thing for you, is it works for you.

There are things BB10 is superior at than Android, but overall the experience is better for me on GooBerry, and the gap keeps shrinking. @LiamQ and his team, along with all the other suite teams, have been working hard on their end. Oreo will help too. I reached the brick impediment late last year. It was a wonderful nearly 4 years of fun and frustration, no more regrettable than that hot, crazy girl (guy) we dated in college. You smile at the wild, blissful times, and thank G-d you found the sense to leave.
    09-15-17 11:43 PM
    I tried the Priv last year and after a single trip around the world with it as my daily driver, I got fed up and went back to my Passport (mostly because of BB Travel) and kept the Priv for the Camera.

I haven't had any show stopper issues with apps on my BB10 devices yet. With google maps, Threema, BBM Enterprise, Orfox/Orbot/Firefox and an unlocked version of Office Suite I have everything I need on there to get me through my travels.

I tolerated the lack of OpenVPN support. IKEv2 is great until a hotel or ISP decides to block it.

But the straw that broke the camels back was a discovery that BB10 routes its communications to the BB NOC via your cellular carrier when a Sim Card is installed.

I had been to Russia twice before with zero issues on BB10 and on the 3rd trip my Passport was a brick due to recent events with them blocking all BB IPs. No access to BB Apps on BB World, no BBM, no BBM Enterprise.

The Priv on the other hand I had with me for photos worked fine when on an OpenVPN and was able to bypass the blocks without issue because it doesn't require the cell provider to route its communications to the NOC.

So that's when I decided it was time to make the jump back to BB Android with the Keyone.

I really miss my passport. But for what I need a phone to do, it's failing to keep up with the Keyone.
    09-16-17 07:53 AM
    I tried the Priv last year and after a single trip around the world with it as my daily driver, I got fed up and went back to my Passport (mostly because of BB Travel) and kept the Priv for the Camera.

I haven't had any show stopper issues with apps on my BB10 devices yet. With google maps, Threema, BBM Enterprise, Orfox/Orbot/Firefox and an unlocked version of Office Suite I have everything I need on there to get me through my travels.

I tolerated the lack of OpenVPN support. IKEv2 is great until a hotel or ISP decides to block it.

But the straw that broke the camels back was a discovery that BB10 routes its communications to the BB NOC via your cellular carrier when a Sim Card is installed.

I had been to Russia twice before with zero issues on BB10 and on the 3rd trip my Passport was a brick due to recent events with them blocking all BB IPs. No access to BB Apps on BB World, no BBM, no BBM Enterprise.

The Priv on the other hand I had with me for photos worked fine when on an OpenVPN and was able to bypass the blocks without issue because it doesn't require the cell provider to route its communications to the NOC.

So that's when I decided it was time to make the jump back to BB Android with the Keyone.

I really miss my passport. But for what I need a phone to do, it's failing to keep up with the Keyone.
    Which version of Threema are you using?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 11:30 AM
63 123