unblock-us DNS and VPN services won't work with Blackberry devices, either.
    09-03-14 09:21 AM
    Monitoring.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    09-03-14 12:28 PM
    There are many free VPN client in industry however using a free VPN without the knowledge of who is actually running that service could be dangerous as you are actually disclosing all your browsing and Internet transactions information to a third party that may use it for illicit reasons, instead of protecting your online transactions and data. They also often experience many technical issues with connection, because of inability to manage their technical capacity and accepting more VPN clients than their systems can technically serve. This makes the network overcrowded and the connection highly unstable. So if quality and privacy are important to you, you may want to avoid free VPN otherwise you may look for budget reliable VPN services.
    Which is why I use a Raspberry Pi and strongSwan with IKEv2. VPN is at home and it keeps the cost to minimal.
    09-06-14 09:03 AM
    Is there black berry vpn native where you can buy and download it without complicated steps?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 10:25 AM
    Is there black berry vpn native where you can buy and download it without complicated steps?

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to download anything. Just subscribe to a service that knows how to support IPSEC. Lots of people, including Blaze use PureVPN. I use Witopia, they have instructions for setting up BB10 and great support.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-14 11:32 AM
    You don't have to download anything. Just subscribe to a service that knows how to support IPSEC. Lots of people, including Blaze use PureVPN. I use Witopia, they have instructions for setting up BB10 and great support.
    I tried to set up PureVPN but I can't even see the "create new account" button on my Q10. I tried the Android app since they don't have a native BB app. I contacted them and they said that BB is not currently supported, but an update will be coming soon.
    11-09-14 05:03 AM
    I got an AT&T Q10 phone at work and bought a Passport to replace it. My company is using a traveler's server (whatever it means). If I buy a personal VPN, what does it mean to me and to the company? Does it mean that the company can not see what I am doing now on my work phone (and they might be pissed off?)
    11-09-14 05:51 AM
    I tried to set up PureVPN but I can't even see the "create new account" button on my Q10. I tried the Android app since they don't have a native BB app. I contacted them and they said that BB is not currently supported, but an update will be coming soon.
    Go to Settings > Networks and Connections > VPN.
    What VPN do you use?-img_20141109_132311.png
    Press 'Add' at the bottom of the screen and add the VPN profile. By the way, i have PureVPN subscription, but it isn't among the added VPN profiles.

Here are PureVPN's IKEv2 server list:

SERVER LIST

USA
    us1-ikev.pointtoserver.com

Canada
    ca1-ikev.pointtoserver.com

Romania
    ro1-ikev.pointtoserver.com

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    R3d13 likes this.
    11-09-14 06:29 AM
    I am using VPNMe

Posted via CB10
    jope28 likes this.
    11-09-14 12:33 PM
    I am using VPNMe

Posted via CB10
    Add me to the list. Paying within BlackBerry App World is just too easy lol

Frosty White Q10/10.3.0.1052
    11-09-14 10:34 PM
    Go to Settings > Networks and Connections > VPN.
    Press 'Add' at the bottom of the screen and add the VPN profile. By the way, i have PureVPN subscription, but it isn't among the added VPN profiles.

Here are PureVPN's IKEv2 server list:

SERVER LIST

USA
    us1-ikev.pointtoserver.com

Canada
    ca1-ikev.pointtoserver.com

Romania
    ro1-ikev.pointtoserver.com

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    thanks but the problem is that I can't even create an account to begin with. Account creation has to be done through their app, but the button isn't even visible due to the Q10's screen size.
    11-10-14 02:30 AM
    I am using VPNMe
    Hi Old_Mil, you posted a link a while back with a list of the best VPN services in terms of anonymity. It's too bad they're mostly using protocols not supported by BB.

Have you done any research on VPNMe to see if they log anything at all? Or how secure their encryption is? They're not listed on that article either. I'm still trying to find one that works on BB 10 AND is truly anonymous and secure. I read Witopia's terms, and they log enough information that weakens your anonymity. PureVPN also logs.
    11-10-14 02:39 AM
    I'm using TorGuard.

Very happy. Many US, English, and other servers. Pretty fast , always up and running plus they take privacy seriously, no logs.

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Z3 running BlackBerry 10 - 2BBEAACF
    11-10-14 02:51 AM

Posted via CB10
    TorGuard.

Easy Peezy. They have a set up guide. 5 min install.

11-10-14 02:56 AM
    I'm using TorGuard.

Very happy. Many US, English, and other servers. Pretty fast , always up and running plus they take privacy seriously, no logs.

Hi jefbeard, how did you set up TorGuard on your BB 10? I can't find any set up guides on their site for BlackBerry, and no native app on BB World. Are you using an Android app? Also, OpenVPN isn't supported on BB, so what protocol are you using?
    11-10-14 03:21 AM
    The question I have is: how secure is this, a VPN? The problem is that the paid VPN provider (paid means: you will probably not change him for longer times) gets all your internet activity, he has a complete profile of everything you do, while other proxy services like Tor or JonDoNym distribute the traffic on several servers, so your way through the network gets very dynamic, and they switch them every few minutes.

I don't want to blame anyone, I just want to ask.

A very good site to view the results is JonDoNym (run the Anonymity Test below the girl, read the comments and suggestions there). You will probably get a lot of red there ...
    Good point.

I like torrent freaks website and research in this subject. There are a million VPN services but only a handful really respect your anonymity.

For those interested, check out this link:

http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-se...dition-140315/

11-10-14 05:59 AM
    Hi jefbeard, how did you set up TorGuard on your BB 10? I can't find any set up guides on their site for BlackBerry, and no native app on BB World. Are you using an Android app? Also, OpenVPN isn't supported on BB, so what protocol are you using?
    Hey there.

They have Generic IKEv2 which works fine on BlackBerry. See the below link for the set up.

Good luck!
    https://torguard.net/knowledgebase.p...article&id=102

What VPN do you use?-img_20141110_190236.png

R3d13 likes this.
    11-10-14 06:04 AM
    jefbeard, thanks!!

I'm also looking into 12vpn because they offer a decent mobile package for just 5 bucks a month, but I couldn't find anything at all on their website regarding personal data retention, traffic logging, etc. So I emailed them with a bunch of questions.. we shall see. If I don't like their answers, I'm gunna consider TorGuard since my VPN options for BB10 are running thin.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    11-10-14 06:56 AM
    jefbeard, thanks!!

I'm also looking into 12vpn because they offer a decent mobile package for just 5 bucks a month, but I couldn't find anything at all on their website regarding personal data retention, traffic logging, etc. So I emailed them with a bunch of questions.. we shall see. If I don't like their answers, I'm gunna consider TorGuard since my VPN options for BB10 are running thin.
    Good deal,

Keep in mind TorGuard is 5/month too ($30/6 months)

By the way, TorGuard allows 5 devices to connect simultaneously for the 5 bucks/month too. It's on 2 phones, a tablet, and my laptop.

11-10-14 07:10 AM
    Then try Witopia. They do support BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 07:10 AM
    Good deal,

Keep in mind TorGuard is 5/month too ($30/6 months)

By the way, TorGuard allows 5 devices to connect simultaneously for the 5 bucks/month too. It's on 2 phones, a tablet, and my laptop.

Sweet deal. I may have to go with that 6 month package. By the way, I just found out that TorGuard doesn't use Perfect Forward Secrecy (hence why it is unchecked in your BB settings). Not all VPN providers use it, but it would be awesome if they did (Heartbleed?)

Then try Witopia. They do support BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, but Witopia retain data and logs, if I'm understanding their terms correctly. Also, check out the link jefbeard provided earlier. It's an article with the best VPN services around based on the most anonymity.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    11-10-14 07:27 AM
    Thanks, but Witopia retain data and logs, if I'm understanding their terms correctly. Also, check out the link jefbeard provided earlier. It's an article with the best VPN services around based on the most anonymity.
    From their privacy policy:
    During our normal course of duties, WiTopia does NOT throttle, rate-limit, monitor, record, or store the content of a customer?s Internet activities.

The following general logging data is captured by the servers, but is routinely deleted within 30 calendar days: (1) the time and network location from which a VPN connection was made; (2) the duration of the VPN connection. This information enables WiTopia to enforce our Terms, investigate crimes using the Service, troubleshoot, and improve performance.
    Anyone monitoring the input time any service crossing a network of which they have visibility can also get that data.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-14 10:14 AM
    thanks but the problem is that I can't even create an account to begin with. Account creation has to be done through their app, but the button isn't even visible due to the Q10's screen size.
    You can create an account and subscribe for their VPN service via the website, which is http://www.purevpn.com.
    also, here is a link to how to configure Purevpn on BB10 http://www.purevpn.com/config/blackberry/

By the way, if you don't mind doing a little work, you can host a vpn yourself, free, for one year, using the Amazon AWS service, and have full control over it. Get the full tutorial on how to go about it here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...30-q10-862588/. and by extension, host your personal bar installation service, just like Sideload.it bar installation service, using Amazon AWS service. sweet, right? i know.
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    11-10-14 10:22 AM
    From their privacy policy:
    Yup, the text you quoted from their policy is what killed it for me. 30 days isn't as good as TorGuard's claim that they don't retain info: "not even for a second"

You can create an account and subscribe for their VPN service via the website, which is http://www.purevpn.com.
    also, here is a link to how to configure Purevpn on BB10 http://www.purevpn.com/config/blackberry/

By the way, if you don't mind doing a little work, you can host a vpn yourself, free, for one year, using the Amazon AWS service, and have full control over it. Get the full tutorial on how to go about it here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...30-q10-862588/. and by extension, host your personal bar installation service, just like Sideload.it bar installation service, using Amazon AWS service. sweet, right? i know.
    Oh, I see that you have to buy an account and then they send you the credentials. Anyways, I've already decided against PureVPN for similar reasons to Witopia and other providers. As for the Amazon suggestion, thanks but I've already read that post and wasn't interested. So far, TorGuard seems to offer what I expect from a VPN service that claims to provide true anonymity. There are many other, even better services, but unfortunately our options are very limited with BlackBerry. Very few providers support IKEv2.

Thank you all for your input
    11-11-14 02:36 AM
    Most free vpn's suck. I use Private Internet Access as it's one of a few that do not keep logs or connection time stamps etc.

I think if you use a vpn you might as well go the whole hog. They're good value for money

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 06:08 AM
85 1234