So, to all you security experts out there... I'm looking for a decent free VPN that I can use to obfuscate my online doings as well as possibly help protect my other data traffic like text messages and voice data. I'm not too paranoid about things (I'm not trying to skirt the government or do anything illegal, just secure myself), but I still don't want some half-baked VPN that will give my data over to any company just because they want to throw ads at me. I've got OoO's Privitize VPN on my desktop, but I don't think they serve phones.
    03-15-14 11:17 AM
    I know a lot of crackberry members use unblock-us

Unblock-Us - smarter faster VPN

I don't know of any free VPNs - but personally I wouldn't use a free one even if I found one. Managing a VPN costs money, if they're giving out free service they're making money somewhere else. Which usually includes using your personal information.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 12-16-15 at 10:35 AM.
    bungaboy and eninrebmun like this.
    03-15-14 11:51 AM
    Thanks. It's a scary thought that a lot of people have said before. Makes you think...
    03-15-14 12:30 PM
    Using VPNReactor now. Still looking though.

They have a free service also but to limited.

You get what you pay for.

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.2141
    03-17-14 05:55 AM
    I have switched few VPN services due to slow connectivity. Though currently i am using purevpn and ipvanish for my business purpose. Both are excellent VPN service providers. Though i recommend you to follow the list of top VPN services of the Industry and choose the best VPN according to your need and get maximum anonymity and security to unblock all geo-restricted sites. Source here Top 5 Encrypted VPN Services Make Online Safety Impenetrable
    03-18-14 04:28 AM
    I'd suggest that there isn't going to be a great VPN if there is no cost involved.

I use BTguard it cost $11 a month and that is for torrent ip and browser ip. It works really well and everytime I log in it gives me a new ip. very secure and the company is reputable too.

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.2102
    03-18-14 04:28 AM
    I prefer PureVPN on any VPN because i am very much assure that it keep no log of my data and online activities and most of all it offers me 5 multi logins with which i can connect 5 devices simultaneously.
    03-18-14 09:30 AM
    I prefer PureVPN on any VPN because i am very much assure that it keep no log of my data and online activities and most of all it offers me 5 multi logins with which i can connect 5 devices simultaneously.
    Didn't think BB has PureVPN yet??

Posted via Verizon Z10 running 10.2.1.2174
    03-18-14 02:23 PM
    I am currently using Private Internet Access. Previously I used to have a subscription of PureVPN and ibVPN but I gave them up not because they were bad but because PIA was accommodating my needs better than them.
    I been using PIA for a while now and could not use it with blackberry. I tried when i got the playbook , again with the q10. I gave up and haven't tried to use it with z30.

they said they dont support blackberry.
    03-18-14 04:45 PM
    I put in my 2� in this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post10111895

tl;dr: 12vpn. I love it. Google a coupon to save a little.

I also have PIA, but that's for my windows machines (OpenVPN isn't supported by BlackBerry [yet?]).
    03-18-14 05:41 PM
    I am currently using Private Internet Access. Previously I used to have a subscription of PureVPN and ibVPN but I gave them up not because they were bad but because PIA was accommodating my needs better than them.
    Can I ask did you set this up on a BB10 device and if so how? Thanks in advance!
    03-23-14 03:31 PM
    Try vpnsafe.net i use them. They have no limits on speed and traffic. All of the sites are opening without problems.
    04-25-14 02:05 AM
    I have a PureVPN subscription I'd be happy to sell for a discount. PM me.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 02:23 AM
    The question I have is: how secure is this, a VPN? The problem is that the paid VPN provider (paid means: you will probably not change him for longer times) gets all your internet activity, he has a complete profile of everything you do, while other proxy services like Tor or JonDoNym distribute the traffic on several servers, so your way through the network gets very dynamic, and they switch them every few minutes.

I don't want to blame anyone, I just want to ask.

A very good site to view the results is JonDoNym (run the Anonymity Test below the girl, read the comments and suggestions there). You will probably get a lot of red there ...
    04-25-14 03:23 AM
    I use PureVPN, they have the Microsoft IKEv2, which is rarely supported by other VPN services & almost the only way that I know to use a vpn on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 06:18 AM
    12VPN - better than Pure on my opinion.
    Generic IKEv2!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 06:20 AM
    There are many free VPN client in industry however using a free VPN without the knowledge of who is actually running that service could be dangerous as you are actually disclosing all your browsing and Internet transactions information to a third party that may use it for illicit reasons, instead of protecting your online transactions and data. They also often experience many technical issues with connection, because of inability to manage their technical capacity and accepting more VPN clients than their systems can technically serve. This makes the network overcrowded and the connection highly unstable. So if quality and privacy are important to you, you may want to avoid free VPN otherwise you may look for budget reliable VPN services.
    04-25-14 10:13 AM
    12VPN - better than Pure on my opinion.
    Generic IKEv2!

Posted via CB10
    They also recently came out with a mobile only package for 30 bucks a year. 5GB a month cap, but for most mobile people that is way more than enough. I do appreciate the IKEv2, but I also use the CiscoASA connections. 12vpn has about every option out there no matter what the platform...
    04-25-14 01:29 PM
    Anyone want to use my PureVPN creds?

I bought them before I realized they were based out of Hong Kong and I'm not comfortable using them on my device. Someone else may not care though.

BBM me pin:3341EECB

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    07-04-14 02:47 PM
    Any news on adding PPTP for the simple VPN links?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 05:13 PM
    Anyone want to use my PureVPN creds?

I bought them before I realized they were based out of Hong Kong and I'm not comfortable using them on my device. Someone else may not care though.

BBM me pin:3341EECB

Someone took me up on my PureVPN offer so it's off the table. :-)

dustmalik likes this.
    07-05-14 05:59 PM
    12VPN ftw!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 07:05 PM
    Monitoring this, as looking at options myself

Sent from 2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    08-11-14 07:18 PM
    Using BlackLogic VPN on my Z30
    08-24-14 09:24 PM
    vpnsafe.net doesn't support Blackberry devices.
    09-03-14 09:14 AM
85 123 ...