FEATURE :
    Rotate - Within a App/Game to be able to turn device landscape with bottom out to left or to the right and have the Image/display rotate/swap accordingly.
    Turns out apps will launch in landscape and NEVER consistant to which way!!!!

BUG :
    Playing audio from a APP/GAME, reiceive phone call , app/game gets interupted. WILL NEVER GET BACK THE AUDIO, I HAVE TO CLOSE ( X ) ACTIVE FRAME THEN LAUNCH AGAIN.

TRULY BULL...TURDS....
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-21-13 08:32 AM
    If they do, it better be just an option. Automatically going out of the last message would annoy me.
    True dat!

I know my Torch on OS6 keeps the last message open if you skip out of your inbox to home or another app and return. That's even if you have a whatsapp or bbm message open.

Going on that, I think it's more of a design decision than a bug, but some users seem not to like it too much. I agree, an option would be best for everyone.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-21-13 08:49 AM
    I don't have a Z10 yet, but I have played with one a few times at Best Buy and Wal-Mart (is it bad that I disabled that dreadful retail demo? haha). One thing that I really like about the Playbook (which I also don't have (money...)) is the side swipe gestures that allow you to switch between your open apps (as in when you are currently in one). I assume BB10 doesn't have this feature because the side bezels are much smaller and, being a phone, the risk of accidentally switching apps is higher.
    Might just be me, but I think that feature is highly overrated. It's on the ipad as well and very seldom do I find a use for it.

Not saying it might not be great for some people, just that I think bb10 with 'swipe up and tap' is a very good way to switch apps on mobile.
    02-21-13 09:26 AM
    Not sure if mentioned. Tasks/remember app deleted completed. I hate seeing 100 un-filed entries.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 04:03 PM
    Bugs:
    1. Missed calls and voicemails not showing as read.
    2. Main settings can sometimes crash or hang.
    3. Data connection can sometimes appear to freeze.
    4. Splat on my world in BlackBerry world, but no update.
    5. Whilst using navigation in the maps app it sometimes freezes and has to be restarted.
    6. Facebook never seems to load right, even when using the fix from the KB article.
    7. Voice Control sometimes complains it cannot find the voice control server,even though I have full data signal.

New Feature:
    1. Distribution list's in emails.
    2. Less steps to get to airplane mode.
    3. Ability to share ETA from navigation app, by voice control.
    4. Newspapers in Newsstand?

Overall I'm very happy with the Z10. I expected bugs and I expect they will be fixed quickly. None of the bugs above have been show stoppers like on my old 9800 Torch. No battery pulls, no random resets and no waiting 5 minsfor the timer to clear .
    Last edited by comparethemeerkat.com; 02-24-13 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Tidyup, add some more bugs and features.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-22-13 02:47 PM
    I have a running list.. will turn into an article. It's probably 100 + right now. Lots of little things. A few big ones too like fixing Bedside mode (need Phone Calls Only option and auto turn on with plugin). MANY are on the roadmap already - during our Z10 review process I gave a TON of feedback right back to BlackBerry directly. And odds are good they'll see a thread like this too.

It's clear that they locked things down to make sure they were ready for launch, but that a lot of the stuff pointed out was already slotted to be tweaked up soon. I'm thinking we'll see a maintenance release fairly quick (bug fixes), then a bigger OS update in a few months with more new features.

Definitely keep all the feedback coming and ideas too. Really want to follow this thread to see how everybody's thoughts line up with mine. One thing I've noticed talking to Z10 owners is that everybody seems to have one or two things they really value that are different from other people.

Great thread!
    id like to see mobile hotspot and nfc on the main swipe down menu.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-22-13 06:51 PM
    We need a percentage on battery life
    koolrosh, R Field and EsJayDee like this.
    02-22-13 09:17 PM
    I'd like to see calendar free busy information for people that I'm inviting to meetings, like it was with BES and exchange on BB7.

Posted via CB10
    nycspaces. likes this.
    02-23-13 08:58 AM
    I'd like to see an option to keep email on the device forever, rather than removing it when it's moved from the inbox on exchange.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:02 AM
    Small but important changes:

1. An option for a battery percentage indicator on the top bar.

2. Ability to set more than one alarm.

3. Be able to change notification settings for individual email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 09:32 AM
    Text message icon should go directly into text messages, not to the Hub like it does now.
    EsJayDee, Ganon541 and SharonRD like this.
    02-23-13 02:03 PM
    I hope they add a few things to the Remember app:
    - the due dates of tasks from the Remember app to show up in my Calendar.
    - the choice between creating a task item or a memo
    EsJayDee and Ganon541 like this.
    02-23-13 02:05 PM
    Option to leave screen ON when plugged in.

I use my Z10 as a music player in the car, and it makes for unsafe driving if I have to unlock the screen first if I want to skip a song.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-13 11:18 PM
    Option to leave screen ON when plugged in.

I use my Z10 as a music player in the car, and it makes for unsafe driving if I have to unlock the screen first if I want to skip a song.

Posted via CB10
    To skip a song, you can just volume up/down button. Long press up/down button to go forward/backward. Dont need to turn on the screen.
    02-24-13 01:16 AM
    most are already mentioned above, but of those mentioned the most important to me are better bedside mode options (choose what profile is used in bedside mode) and better profile configuration (in/out holster options and vibrate before sound)

what I havent seen mentioned yet:
    - pattern unlock as another option to unlock your phone (if there is security issues here since patterns might be simpler than passwords, then maybe have a little more complex take on it)
    - ability to specify download location from web browser, or at least have it point to SD card if it is installed (currently all downloads go onto the phones on-device memory downloads directory even with SD card installed)
    - ability to specify screenshot save location, or at least for it to go to the SD card if it is installed (currently defaults to pictures folder in the on-device memory)
    - bake in the ability to choose LED light colours for certain notifications ie. red for email, green for bbm, purple for missed calls, etc. (no need to install 3rd party apps, if more advanced functionality is needed then these apps can provide that)
    - long press on the enter key for the keyboard does a hard return rather than sends the message in sms/bbm
    - configure to show blue flashing light when connected to something with bluetooth (os 7 functionality here)
    - when doing data intensive things like a bbm voice/video call show not only how many minutes you have been using it but also show the current data used.
    - when i want to position the cursor using the magnifying glass in something like the bbm message text box, the keyboard overlaps the magnifying glass and makes me inadvertently tap a key trying to get to it. to avoid this i have to put my thumb higher, but that blocks the screen so i cant see where the cursor is. give the magnifying glass a higher z-index (make it appear above the keyboard) so it can be used the way it is meant to be
    - in the contacts application you can link multiple contacts together, ie. gmail/fb/local addressbook so that it is all in one comprehensive place (a great feature). but can be a pain to link them all together. have some sort of auto-merge functionality to determine close matches and make suggestions to link the contacts together.

blackberry voice control added functionality. i have been using blackberry voice control in my car's handsfree which is a really cool option but still needs some work.
    - ability to have it read back your incoming sms/bbm/email to you
    - when using bb voice control to start a call it hangs up and then you have to tell your cars handsfree to try and connect to the call being made. rather, it should close voice control and then tap into the phone call back into my car. there should be no need for me to manually connect it again
    - voice control option to start music player, switch tracks, start playing a particular album/artist etc. so that when i have my bb hooked up to my aux i dont have to keep reaching over and fumbling around.

i think thats enough for now, but BB dont be afraid to contact me, i got plenty more where that came from. Or if you're looking for a UX guy, Im interested!
    Last edited by INTz; 02-24-13 at 01:37 AM.
    mc177, R Field, EsJayDee and 2 others like this.
    02-24-13 01:17 AM
    That was just an example. Still like to see the cover art. Also, I find it awkward to press the volume buttons when in the holder.

To skip a song, you can just volume up/down button. Long press up/down button to go forward/backward. Dont need to turn on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 07:39 AM
    There are some features of BlackBerry 6 that I would like to see added to BlackBerry 10.

1. Ability to have sound profiles for in holster and out of holster.
    2. Different notification for different email accounts.
    3. Auto on/off.

With hub, I like t idea of a timer. Periodically I have to leave the message I was reading in hub and then return to it in a few seconds or even minutes. However I would like it to go to the all messages hub after I receive a new message or after a period of in activity.

I have also noticed that the gestures do not twist with the device if you are using it in landscape mode. That's kind of annoying. So, while browsing the web if I want to check hub I have to swipe from the left of the device and not the left of the screen.
    EsJayDee and Ganon541 like this.
    02-24-13 08:05 AM
    I really would like to see persistent icons just at the very top of the main hub where non-running apps can put updated information, i.e. BeWeather, outstanding Tasks, unread BBNews count. It can be hidden like upcoming calendar events but it should be the first hidden. A small row of 1 x 6 or something that launches the app... and its user customizable would be nice.

Also, it would cool if the main hub resized itself for different type of incoming content and importance. Not sure if it already does this.
    02-24-13 08:25 AM
    pattern unlock or numeric pin pad is an absolute must for the first maintenance/update release. some form of clear or close all active frames would be useful. battery monitor and percentage in the status bar. emoji support would be nice.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-24-13 02:42 PM
    pattern unlock or numeric pin pad is an absolute must for the first maintenance/update release. some form of clear or close all active frames would be useful. battery monitor and percentage in the status bar. emoji support would be nice.
    Wouldn't care for a pattern lock. Having the full keyboard is normal to unlock a Blackberry.

I'd also like the close all active frames option

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    02-24-13 06:33 PM
    I want to be able to send sms from the phone pad, often I want to text a new friend to give them my number. It used to be I could go into phone, type 6139297289 hit BlackBerry button and choose compose sms. Was sooo handy!

Also, auto text / word substitution in all fields please. Hard to send your pin:2668C7F8 in sms ...

Posted via CB10
    EsJayDee and Mr_F like this.
    02-24-13 08:44 PM
    PGP Support! This is supposedly "coming soon", probably in the next update.. i assume/hope.
    02-25-13 12:29 AM
    I love on my Droid on we can just type a name from the phone keypad instead of having to using an address book. So, if I wanted to dial Sam from the keypad I would just hit 726 and that name comes up. So much easier than having to go through the phonebook.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-25-13 08:36 AM
    1. Should consolidate device media and sd card media into one section (I imagine this is frustrating for people who do not know the difference when trying to find photos)
    2. Should not have to manually check for updates in BlackBerry World - You should just see the spark on BlackBerry World and be able to update all.
    3. A lot of apps that have reviews show as not having any ratings on preview lists
    4. Adding a photo to BBM should be the same as the old version where you can add any size photo as long as you can shrink it. I can't add full photos if they are a certain size which ends up cutting some things out (frustrating if you're trying to load up a meme).
    5. In music you should be able to scroll to see what songs are coming up next by album picture just like in BB7.
    6. Definitely need to update the Android Runtime as i'm hoping it will mean that android ports will run better and have more functionality (the facebook app sucks)
    7. They should really limit who can apply for permissions to certain data based on the need for apps. I'm sick of downloading something and then deleting it because it asks or demands permission the app definitely doesn't need (I get that it's up to me to protect my info but why does a game need access to my photos and device information? they should have to give valid reasons for this access)

Overall I love the device just get a little ticked off when it doesn't include standard features from my two year old Torch. New features will come and that's great but I shouldn't be wishing for my old phone in certain situations so that I can do something I used to be able to do.
    R Field and EsJayDee like this.
    02-25-13 09:22 AM
    I would like to see the time while using the music app , maybe display it at the top of the app
    EsJayDee likes this.
    02-26-13 03:02 PM
1,485 ... 7891011 ...