The voice control needs to be much better. It is all but useless as it stands

Posted via CB10
    My voice control works very well through my BT headset but is terrible using just the phone.

Posted on my Z10 via CB10
    04-17-14 12:31 PM
    Pinch to show new. Then mark all read. Currently can only mark all read when all messages are shown

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 07:02 PM
    I just sent this email to [email protected]:

Hello. I've been using BlackBerry devices since 2007, starting with the Curve 8320. I'm currently using a Q10, after having a hiatus with Android for about seven months. On Android, I started out using the native Gmail app, then switched to AquaMail, for a unified inbox. I have two suggestions, based on my experience with Aquamail.

1. The mail in the inbox displays a small "chip" at the left, i.e., a colored circle. If there is a picture in the Contacts app for that contact, that picture is displayed instead of the chip. The user can choose whether or not to display these pictures. The color of the chip can be different for different accounts, much as BB10 allows us to choose colors for different accounts.

The most important detail is that the user can select emails by tapping the chips/pictures. So, to select several emails for deletion or filing, you just have to tap several of these chips. BB10 requires us to execute an extra step of bringing up a menu and choosing "Select More". Since email handling is so fundamental to the BlackBerry experience, I think it would be worthwhile to emulate this more streamlined, and visually appealing, experience.

2. In BB10, text size in emails seems to depend on the system font size chosen, but is smaller than that chosen size. I'm 60 years old; my eyes aren't what they used to be. I've chosen font size 12 in Settings. This is what that looks like:
    What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-img_20140429_085449.png

This image shows a plain text email:
    What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-img_20140429_085927.png

The text of the email is slightly smaller. It seems to me it should default to the size selected in global Settings. I realize I can use pinch/zoom to increase the size (It would be good to give us the 'I' and 'O' keys for this purpose on the Q devices). The Android AquaMail app also supports this, but AquaMail also remembers the size you last zoomed to, and uses it for future emails, until you change it again. This is a very nice touch, also worth emulating.

I hope these ideas are of some use to you.
    04-29-14 08:22 AM
    Accounts listed in the Hub pulldown should follow the order established in Hub Management. As it currently stands, the pulldown lists accounts in no apparent order.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.2947 | STA100-3 10.2.1.2947
    05-03-14 04:13 AM
    Please improve the touch keyboard.

I love BB10 on my Z30 but feel the keyboard has a couple of issues that sometimes impede my productivity.

The keyboard does not activate its dictionary/suggestions when typing into the browser search or other search boxes anywhere. I would like it to always check my local words before sending the text online because online search keywords do not necessarily guess quickly or correctly.

It seems to only work normally when texting, email or other non-search text boxes. I do not text or email as much as I browse and search the Web so this deliberate limitation feels unnecessarily "hack-ish." search boxes accept "text" input so why not let the keyboard do its best work?

This can be annoying when I want to type a URL eg "birthday.com" will not offer a dictionary completion but instead go to the search engine for its slow suggestions as I type the word "birthday" letter-by-letter.

On the other hand, if I want to search the Web for "continum tv show cast" I have to wait for Web results and the word "continuum" will not be corrected, suggested or saved so I'll have to type it correctly letter-by-letter every time or rely on the Web results to ask me "did you mean..."

I also think the full keyboard should always be active but it seems to randomly disable the number line, forcing me to switch back and forth.

Aside from this, My Z30 is the second best device I have owned after my Nokia N800 Internet tablet. If BB10 gave us access to the QNX command line terminal/shell it would be best mobile computing platform I know.

Just found "Command Prompt" app and there's a Python Interpreter in AppWorld.... I think BB10 just shot to Number One!!!
    Last edited by m3mb3rsh1p; 05-04-14 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph
    05-03-14 07:02 PM
    Love the current clock in BB10.2.. Please keep it the same in 10.3
    05-04-14 01:49 PM
    Here's my list of my personal observations, suggestions and feature requests:

• General UI & Hub

1. Swiping across bezels to switch between open apps. And pinch in diagonally from top right and bottom left to close app / or better be Gesture Control Center (check this)
    2. Squircle while loading
    3. Inverted colors option to turn the whole UI of the phone from white to dark and vise versa, call it BlackBerry mode
    4. The old call screen was more unique
    5. More options to facilitate icons sorting, e.g. multi selection of apps to move them together into another page or folder or arrange icons by date installed, name etc
    6. Ability to move a Hub entry to active frame for easier multitasking? e.g. if I have an email open, and I want to open another one but I don't want to search for the email I had open in the first place. So I can send the first email to active frame and open the second.
    7. Would be great if during the initial setup, the user is asked if he right or left handed, to have the position of Hub and scrolling at their ease. e.g. for a left hand user, the position of Hub I think would be more convenient on the right side
    8. Mark as spam option in the email
    9. Control the transparency level of the background of toast notifications, and chose their visual effects
    10. Option to let specific contact phone call / SMS to override the bedside mode
    11. Ability to have a nice summary of the day in the bedside mode screen. e.g. meetings and weather
    12. More color tags in Calendar and Hub
    13. Prompt what to do when there's no more room for another app to be opened. i.e. if I have 8 apps already in active frames and I want to open another app, I want to be prompted to close which of those 8 apps
    14. Customizable UI - give opportunity to graphic designers and artists to create installable theme packs that will change the look and fonts of menus, Hub, pop-up menus, background, ringtones perhaps etc.. It should be done through an official BlackBerry new dedicated community, it could generate source of revenue too.
    15. "Select All" option in specific Hub account for further action
    16. Have all the document work done through Docs to go without minimizing it to open the document editor
    17. 2 fingers swipe from bottom to bring the keyboard with either a text editor or with Remember app, it has to be configured this way.

• System

1. Hibernate mode - could be useful when phone switches off due to empty battery. It's sad if you're writing email or having a good progress in a game and phone just shuts down and you lose all your progress.
    2. Built in system data, SMS, calling monitoring to check, warn, and even stop if configured in this way.
    3. Configurable LED colors
    4. Better Wi-Fi connectivity. It often disconnects, or says limited, or gets disabled!
    5. Ability to remove certain words from what the keyboard has learned. Not all at once.
    6. Redesign the Arabic keyboard layout as the letters are too close to each other
    7. Ability to clear cache or native and Android apps/reset the app
    8. Network data toggle in the quick settings
    9. Sound an alert when battery completes charging
    10. Power button as the only option to power on the phone, not by reinserting the battery for example.
    11. Built in call recorder where applies that doesn't require the speaker to be open
    12. Option to vibrate when call is connected/ended

• Browser

1. Reader mode in browser is an awesome feature! would be nice if to be able to choose a certain part of the page to have in reader mode. e.g. I opened a topic in CB through the browser, and the first reply to the main topic is quite long, so I want to choose only this part in reader mode as when you crop an image like.

• BlackBerry World

1. My purchase apps tab in BlackBerry World apps
    2. Discounted apps of the day, or gone-free apps of the day within BlackBerry World

• Contacts

1. Simplify the contacts app, or address it's issues seriously.
    2. Add GPS coordinates/automatically detect address option in contacts
    3. Ability to choose default / primary number for a contact with multiple numbers
    4. Direct access to "Local Contacts" account, with ability to back it up to .csv and import it back and/or a contacts database that remembers the linked contacts.
    5. High resolution contact pictures in contacts app and in BBM

• BlackBerry Maps

1. Get rid of BlackBerry Maps and acquire TomTom or seriously improve it, navigation in 3D mode is a must.

• BBM

1. A modern and cool, eye-candy look and feel of UI of BBM
    2. Linking the BBID with phone numbers to find friends easier, and don't start a war here please, you could read this first then we could talk: http://us.blackberry.com/
    3. Ability to exchange videos and music files in BBM groups
    4. Remove file size limitations in BBM
    5. "Show what I'm listening to feature" should be limited to music, not voice messages in WhatsApp! Yes, try it out! Play a voice message your friend has sent you on WhatsApp and check your feeds on your friend's BBM, you will see that you was listening to this voice message.
    6. Multiple selection and sending of pictures through BBM
    7. Hashtag and mentioning in BBM groups and channels. Right now clicking on a hashtag or a mention within BBM redirects you to twitter?!
    8. Get notified when a specific BBM contact is available for Call/Video Call (grey icon turning into green invokes an alert) as in Lotus Sametime (Alert me when available option)

• Android

1. Android soft buttons(2 at least) instead of back only button
    2. Google Play Services to literally have 2 in 1 device. And have in the settings this option to be disabled (removal of all Android runtime for users who want 100% native experience).
    3. Try to find a way to let us deny Android apps specific permissions they require.

• Backup

1. BlackBerry users simple cloud for the purposes of hosting contacts, sync calendar, backup app data. I think 2 gigs should be enough, and extra for money, no problem. (old BlackBerry protect!?)
    2. Ability to backup and restore individual apps

• General

1. Custom snooze time of our choice
    2. The ability to choose the function of the middle key between volume rockers, not all users use voice control.

• Music

1. Equalizer, lyric viewer, ID3 edit from within the music player app
    2. Have the music app to look into certain folders for music. Not all the device!

• Camera

1. More photographer tools: iso, shutter speed, exposure, light balance etc
    2. Video size is too big even with @720p.. There has to be a way for smaller size for easier sharing
    3. Pause and resume while video recording
    wollumx and kolok like this.
    05-04-14 03:30 PM
    What i care about is to restore some of the good things of os7:

Allways (exept when already open) I have to tap the magnifieng glass in contacts. The search window should always up!
    i want to hear a feedback sound (click) in the calculator.
    The feedback volume when typing a telephone number on the telephone-pad is toooo loud! (a laughing stock in the office when using my z10!)
    The calculator does not go into scientific mode after turning it to landscape? (the 'two screen thing' does not work for me)
    please put a globe-button on the virtual keyboard, so i can change language instantly? (i use three languages and flip all the time)
    the volume of the ringing sound depends on the actual volume-level and is it impossible to be FIXED at a certain level in "profiles" (loud/normal/silent/ etc)
    'profiles' should be completely free to adjust, by myself, to my liking.

In time these (all small) things are quite aggravating in os10.
    And i think these can be helped very easily in os10.3
    please!
    05-07-14 06:04 AM
    We want full number pad while typing massage..

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 11:48 AM
    Hi... Here is mi idea of closing the apps on blackberry 10.3... We are all tired of closing the apps we open with the X... And since there is no gesture to close the app I think this Would be nice...

This way the only apps on active frames are the ones you actually want to be there.

What do you think?
    Link to Image: (Dont know why I cant upload normal image)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjzhk7fgyj...%20gesture.png
    05-08-14 04:14 PM
    Customization is all I have wanted since 10.2.1
    05-08-14 04:19 PM
    Hate how the current music player is because it just sync all music in my phone with no folder browsing.
    E.g. Say I have an English music folder and other language music folder and sometimes i just want to listen to English song not shuffle all. I want to have the choice of selecting the folder of music to play. This is a deal breaker for me at least, i hope this will be part of 10.3.
    05-10-14 11:36 AM
    I would like to see blackberry balance refined a bit. Currently any screen shot I take goes into my workspace which my options to use that are limited. If I want to BBM a screen shot, I can't. I get an error. Same thing with copying info from a calendar invite to BBM it to another employee. I get an error that it's restricted. I realize some of this was intentional, but its silly because I can move those files by blue tooth or nfc, or emailing from my work email to
    Y personal email. Just silly to do when I'm just downloading it back to the same phone into the personal workspace.

If the BlackBerry was intelligent about context that would be better. Maybe screen shots of a company email are no good. Why can't I screen shot things in my personal space.

/ end rant
    05-10-14 02:28 PM
    I find the going to use the magnifying glass and text selection is hit or miss.

I have had blackberries since 2005 and have gone through 5 to 7 models in that time. The company switched us to iPhone right when bb10 came out. I just finally got back to BlackBerry. I have the z30 on verizon and love almost everything.

They need to spend some time making these text selection functions more intuitive. If I do voice dictation I cringe when multiple words are wrong and I will have to jerk around trying to get to those words, select them, spell check etc. It all seems funky. I know it's probably just a matter of learning it, but why not make it more like the iPhone so it's just easy to transition. If an iphone user tried to do those functions on my phone they would say it's terrible and stick with iPhone.

Anyway BlackBerry just get on that and a bit if tuning and the daily experience will be dramatically better.

/end rant
    05-10-14 02:36 PM
    � When texting I find it way too easy to accidentally hit SEND prematurely.
    � Also, (and i'm not sure exactly how it happens) after I hang up a call and am trying to holster my phone, I accidentally place another call to that number.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-14 02:41 PM
    Would like to be able to move tasks in Remember between local folders and synced folders, tied into synced calendar providers (e.g. gmail, outlook.com, etc.)
    05-10-14 02:51 PM
    I would like the ability to select all in the file manager.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 07:54 PM
    Better android runtime. Android apps should open fast and run smoothly without giving error

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 07:35 AM
    I'd like the clock from the lockscreen, also at the top of the home screen when unlocked
    05-11-14 12:40 PM
    I want the Call Blocking restriction to be removed from BB10 OS so that the developers(or i) can develop app to block calls and support TrueCaller caller id during incoming call.
    Secondly i would like the Music app updated to a level of music apps we have on other platforms and most importantly it should remember the last position in the songs list i was at after i add a file to the playlist so that i dont need to scroll down all the way in my list of thousand songs just to add another which is at the bottom of the list.
    05-12-14 04:44 AM
    When connected to hdmi, detect where non black pixels start on the top and bottom and adjust the aspect ratio and zoom accordingly. This will allow videos played in the web browser to show up properly on the TV.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 05:47 AM
    I would also like if when I get an email and a person's name is written as last name, first name that when I add the contact the names would populate the correct fields.

Posted via CB10
    2cats1dog likes this.
    05-12-14 03:20 PM
    What really miss me on Q10 is :
    • Instant view of next (5) appointments
    • Instant view of (5) remaining tasks
    • 3D on memory map with navigation

My phone is my assistant, and i need that it reminds me lot of things quickly !
    We can imagine a "push to lock screen" option in settings (with "confidential or not" option to see details or not) for appointment, task, facebook, twitter...that will show next five or last five email/task/appointment/tweet.
    It's really missing me (so that i still use my nokia E6). BB 5.0 today theme were nice for that purpose.
    05-13-14 01:03 AM
    The new case I bought doesn't lock the screen, I would love to see that option in the quick setting, holding down the power button takes about 5 second too much of my time. And we'll the option would be nice...

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 06:11 AM
    I would like to be able to drag and drop contacts from one location in an email to another. For instance if I reply to all and there are two people in the "to" section I would like to be able to drag one with my finger to the "cc". Currently I have to retype. Yuk

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 07:42 AM
1,485 ... 4748495051 ...