04-28-17 12:44 AM
1,485 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    - Flight mode switch in quick settings menu
    - Free assignment of the middle button between volume up/down
    - make BBM a real hybrid app with access to personal and workspace
    - power on / off during the week / weekend (like in OS7) -> this helps to improve battery life even more!
    - phone number detection in emails combined with option to tap to dial. the number format should be widely generous. i.e. a "0 211 345 672" should also be possible to dial.
    - in addition to the former item: allow copy and paste of numbers or number-fragments into the phone dialer
    08-14-13 08:02 AM
    What would be awesome is added Hub gestures.
    1) Pinch to zoom-like gesture could automatically select a series of emails to quickly delete or mark as read.
    2) For instance, going into Hub then popping open a whatsapp conversation. Swiping left is to go back to the hub, while swiping right would automatically take you to the app selected (whatsapp). Or whatever app.
    frannip likes this.
    08-15-13 07:05 AM
    Built-in data counter
    Last edited by menshawy; 08-17-13 at 10:58 AM.
    kolok likes this.
    08-16-13 09:14 AM
    Hello fellow Crackberry Users,

I've been using the BB10.2.1047 leak OS for three days now and I think there's a lot of room for tweaks and updates and polishing.
    Here's what I think should be done:
    1. Lock Screen:
      • When clicking for the second time on the notification icon, open the dedicated app for that icon (ie: Clicking on the email icon twice, [once to show the preview], open the email app)
      • When clicking on the item in the preview list, open the dedicated app and go to the selected message
      • Add a quick access button for the phone app, like there is one for the camera app
    2. Homescreen:
      • Remove the Blackberry Hub icon, I think it is redundant to have it there since we can access the Hub from almost anywhere from the OS
    3. Workspace:
      • Add the possibility to never lock the workspace, or if no password is set, do not lock the workspace, because I don't think it adds any further security to the workspace
    4. Android Apps:
      • Possibility to hide the bottom black bar (added in 10.2, missing from 10.1) since most well designed Android Apps, integrate their own bars for navigation (ie. Instagram's bottom bar for navigating between pages)
      • Override Android styles for the modal prompts and text cursors and switch the Android orange color for the Blackberry blue color
    5. Contacts:
      • Possibility to automatically link duplicate contacts
      • When viewing contact details and clicking on his Facebook name, go to his facebook profile page instead of news feed
    6. Browser:
      • Hide the url bar when scrolling occurs (like safari in iOS 7) and keep it hidden while not at the top of the page
      • Show the url bar when swiping from the top bezel in the browser
      • When adding and application to the home screen, remove the url bar completely so that the page would act like an app
    7. Pictures, Videos App:
      • Add a navigation button to group the photos by location, if geotagging is available in the media metadata
    8. Overall:
      • Possibility to add separate wallpapers for the lockscreen and homescreen
      • Unify icon design for all apps (kinda what iOS does)
      • Add an option to show/hide app names on home screen
      • Weather app is not fully redesigned, finish the redesign in the maps and 10 days forecast to become seemless with the rest of the app

That's all what I can think of, if i have any more tweaks or idea, will update this post
    trinichindian and kolok like this.
    08-16-13 05:11 PM
    PPTP VPN support
    08-17-13 01:14 AM
    I would like to have my emails at page view when I get them from hub, if it looks good I'll zoom in.

BlackBerry WOW factor = Empty promises & fancy text messages
    fatkiid likes this.
    08-17-13 09:55 AM
    Active frames feeling kinda cheaper versions of widgets.... without the useful part (zero interaction, bulky, ugly, unaesthetic) .
    Sometimes taking a look to the competition doesn't hurts.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, focusing live frames on main screen is after all a bad idea. There are ugly and not useful at all, all you can do with them is closing (there is no need to see 'preferences' or 'clock' active frame), from what I see almost everyone is closing all active frames since they are not needed and drains battery.
    Main screen should be designed for shortcuts/widgets, then maybe swiping from down should open active frames view. Also there should be an option to choose default app behaviour (close, minimize) or two different styles of swiping - swipe from down to middle - minimize, swipe from down to the top or to the left - kill app.
    08-18-13 07:31 AM
    hello ,,, there are couple things actually ,

1- when watching a video online , and u want to adjust the volume up or down , a huge screen pops up in the middle and blocks most of the video , and it takes about 3 seconds to disappear, they can put a small one in the top corner ,, it doesnt have to be in the middle !

2- the copy and paste thing ,,, its annoying that i cant copy a part of the broadcasted messages , or i cant copy my friends status ,,i think they should work on it alot
    08-21-13 06:11 AM
    Make shift enter to put line besides alt enter. Where alt enter is also used for change language, which is really annoying.
    08-22-13 10:02 PM
    I have a running list.. will turn into an article. It's probably 100 + right now. Lots of little things. A few big ones too like fixing Bedside mode (need Phone Calls Only option and auto turn on with plugin). MANY are on the roadmap already - during our Z10 review process I gave a TON of feedback right back to BlackBerry directly. And odds are good they'll see a thread like this too....

....Definitely keep all the feedback coming and ideas too. Really want to follow this thread to see how everybody's thoughts line up with mine. One thing I've noticed talking to Z10 owners is that everybody seems to have one or two things they really value that are different from other people.

Great thread!
    KEVIN, definitely need the "GROUPS" field in Contacts to return !!! Prior to OS10, this field would sync with the "Categories" field in Outlook !!! .... AND Not only is not present in OS10, but on all current OS versions 10.0-10.1-10.2, OS10 actually pulls contacts out from their attributed Category in Outlook whenever you edit them on a BB OS10 device. I and many others have reported this since launch but have yet to see or hear anything back !! KEVIN, please propose this ASAP !! Many thanks for all your continuous efforts and passion !!
    Last edited by gliveron; 08-27-13 at 10:49 AM. Reason: clarification
    chrysaurora likes this.
    08-24-13 11:10 AM
    What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-img_00000054.png

BlackBerry needs to remove the back bar from the facebook app when you dig into the app

It feels out of place

Posted via CB10
    08-24-13 01:51 PM
    Native spam filter/block on email.
    08-26-13 05:33 AM
    I had hoped for this on the playbook, but the diagonal swipe for the 'back' action would be nice if it was implemented throughout the OS.
    08-26-13 11:01 AM
    I'd like to see some improvements in device security, especially given BlackBerry's reputation for security.

Keep a device password set but with an option for no automatic lock after xx minutes - option to allow manual lock only. This would make using the device easier without constantly requiring a password every xx minutes when it's sitting on my desk or pocket all day, but still allow for a quick lock when I might want to lock it without having to set up a password each time.

Once device password is set, allow finer security controls such as restricting app installation or removal, prevent contact deletion, prevent access to device settings, etc...

This would prevent a trusted person from installing malicious apps or deleting data. (Trusted person might be a friend or spouse who decides he/she wants to install spy software for example.
    08-27-13 02:14 AM
    KEVIN, definitely need the "GROUPS" field in Contacts to return !!! Prior to OS10, this field would sync with the "Categories" field in Outlook !!! .... AND Not only is not present in OS10, but on all current OS versions 10.0-10.1-10.2, OS10 actually pulls contacts out from their attributed Category in Outlook whenever you edit them on a BB OS10 device. I and many others have reported this since launch but have yet to see or hear anything back !! KEVIN, please propose this ASAP !! Many thanks for all your continuous efforts and passion !!
    08-27-13 10:50 AM
    And everything on landscape mode while in the hub, the bottom bar should hide itself passively [like it goes or animates down after 2 seconds when opening a message if not touched].. only pops up when a touch is detected in the bottom/dock area or we do "swipe up" to show the buttom bar for more options. -or the ability to drag the (white text box) up to show the extra bottom menus.. this for better reading.

It will be better if a switch or option to turn it off/on will be provided if this happens or implemented.
    What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-img_00000625.png

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 11:09 AM
    - The volume pop-up needs to be smaller, and instantly dismissable. Having it cover the whole screen for 3 seconds really is ridiculous and annoying.

- I'd like to see my Q10 output a full widescreen image when connected to HDMI, not just show a square screen on my TV.
    Dude_9 likes this.
    08-28-13 10:58 AM
    In the hub, show unread messages toggle.

It's such a drag to have to manually apply the filter.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-13 06:59 PM
    might have already been mentioned, but i don't see why the file manager can't remember my last location and view setting. i hate having it default to internal memory AND grid view, especially since my phone randomly reboots every day.
    08-29-13 11:50 PM
    Hate my iP5 but I have to admit the rotation in the ip5 email works much better vs my Z1O on the OS 10.1MR when I have the rotation selected off on My Z10. I find the Z10 does not rotate smoothly to much delays. But a quick swipe from top settings and lock the horizontal corrects the landscape view.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 07:06 AM
    A home screen with no icons. No weather or moving background. Just a screen with no icons.
    08-30-13 08:20 AM
    The option to Rename, Move and Delete apps/folder from a single screen as seen here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...delete-844678/
    08-30-13 03:52 PM
    -I would the option to hide my device password upon entry at all times instead of the current one second delay.
    -Access to calls from the lock screen.
    -Speed dialing from any part of the phone app.
    -Changing the option for default landing in phone app.
    -Exiting the Hub should return the user to the main Hub.
    -Sticky the date and network banner on the home screen.
    -Add an All Off in quick settings.
    -Allow for battery percentage instead of the battery bar.
    -Keyboard shortcuts instead of Search and Go which includes speed dialing, H for Hub, K for Lock, R for Remember, W for weather. Its not really that hard to impliment you see.
    -Have the option for Search and Go to NOT trigger an active and simply disappear like voice commands.
    -Autoentry of voicemail password.
    -Bring back BBDA, for my sake.
    -Hiding icons and exiting folders with back instead of swipe up. No folder limits.
    -Restore full Bridge.
    -Bing should be an option for Extend Search.
    -Installed BlackBerry News and Podcats out of the box.
    -Pretty good text selection but still annoying to me compared to a trackpad. Had to get it out there.

I am sure I will come across more things to tweak like why Settings is so haphazard but the bulk of the tweaks are already in the BB10 Beta request list.
    Last edited by mrskycar; 08-31-13 at 10:59 AM.
    Dude_9 and kolok like this.
    08-30-13 06:30 PM
    - built in data monitoring and control
    - ability to arrange icons by name or date installed etc in Home Screen
    - some visual effects while moving between pages of Home Screen
    - more enhanced options for the camera
    - built in SIP client
    - show favourite contacts in Contacts tab in Phone app
    - option to suppress the blinking led with the hardware buttons without the need to preview the notifications
    - date should be displayed in chosen phone language, not country's language

Posted via CB10
    kolok likes this.
    09-01-13 03:54 AM
    Bcc is invisible since 10.2 leaks! Back in time. Plz bring it back !

Via CB10 on Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1443
    09-01-13 04:38 AM
1,485 ... 3233343536 ...