Z10 Landscape mode on home screen. Easy when on my dock
    06-13-13 07:04 AM
    Please finally fix the CardDAV and CalDAV implentation! This would make the device perfect!

It cant be that hard to make the device download and send some XML style data from and to a url!
    06-14-13 02:50 AM
    The key board is great, I like to still use the space bar, I find that I accidentally insert the wrong word as I type. Maybe off set the words provided. Very small suggestions

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 09:41 AM
    Here is our list to date. Hope BBRY is reading these.

1. Can't dial phone number from Calendar subject line
    2. -Capitalization issues on autocorrect
    3. -speed dial on Q10 home screen
    4. -Auto On/Off
    5. -Custom notifications with Scheduling
    6. -Social Gaming BBM notifications can't be disabled
    7. -Disable picture on Caller ID
    8. -Have to unlock phone to end call
    9. -Previous search in Phone app has to be erased
    10. -When making a call and minimizing the phone app to do something else while it is dialing it keeps popping up to full screen
    11. -Can't modify a pasted phone number
    12. -Slow calendar refresh, seems to be an ActiveSync issue related to reoccurring meetings
    13. -Allow disabling Balance on BES10 - we issue hardware at my work, Balance is a BYOD feature, why can't I disable it?
    06-14-13 10:43 AM
    [edited to add the context - I was complaining about the dropping of #'d speeddials, Wayne pointed out the process for adding "speed-dial" tabs to the contacts screen. ]

Thanks Wayne, I get that. But from a human-computer interface design perspective, it was a lot more efficient for me to open the phone app, push and hold a digit speed-dial (could do it without looking), than the new method which is open phone app and read through a list of tiles for the number that I want, with an abbreviated contact name that doesn't help. Yes there is a workaround, but ain't helpful when my "Work Voicemail" and "Work Teleconference" and "Work Teleconference Europe" all show as "Work".
    06-14-13 01:45 PM
    1-brigthness togle is a must fix

2- the phone aplication needs seriouse help pressing the call button twice dont call the last number ..really? how sad i mean pick any phone on market and hit the call button twice guess wht happen next ..magic

3-the speed dial from home screen needs to come back if possible please

4-the active frames doesnt have to be the main screen of the phone .how aboot giving user to chose that

5-the active frames if its has to be the defult home screen PLEASE PLEASE make it more usfual things like lockin some app there for ever if we need to and lock its loction so it would be like a widget ...bring more flexibility to the active frames please ...
    6-finally WHITE THEME as an option if not possible at least the phone app and the text ughh
    06-15-13 01:21 AM
    Need to share Storymaker video to Youtube, need this asap !

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 09:52 AM
    I will like to access the settings menu from anywhere in the phone. Like to swipe from the top anytime to access Wifi, notification, horizontal etc. Eg if I have a document open and want the horizontal i have minimize the Doc, then swipe down and tap the horizontal. If i am watching a Youtube the same.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 10:05 AM
    It would be great if they can add these two functionalities to the bb10 browser

1. Ability to download streaming media - this I believe is a very BASIC function that every browser should have

2. Ability to download TORRENTS directly via the browser - this would be so sweet

These two functionalities are already available in a desktop browser called TORCH BROWSER n I believe this would make bb10 browser a more COMPLETE BROWSER
    06-15-13 05:27 PM
    Customization features! Like live wallpapers
    Camera quality improvement for sure
    And Heating issue that some people tend to have with the z10

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 05:34 PM
    Landscape orientation

Posted by Z10
    06-16-13 06:19 AM
    Suggestions for the Phone

1) better favorites. The little picture icons on the recent calls list is stupid. Take a look at iOS and Android. Make a separate screen where recent calls, contacts, dial pad are for favorites.

2) let me turn off the "pictures" next to people's contacts. I don't know who actually has the time to add a picture to each contact, but it looks dumb to have a bunch of blank "faces" next to contacts without pictures. Save space and let me have an option to turn it off.

3) give me letters in the Q10 contacts like there are in the Z10. If you have a lot of contacts you have to search or scroll alllll the way through to find something. Just put the little letters there so I can click where in the alphabet I want to go.

Other Suggestions

1) RECOGNIZE ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS IN THE BROWSER!!!! This is smartphone 101. The first iPhone was able to do this. BB10 can't seem to recognize what is a phone number on a website so that I can just click it and it lets me call. That is so frustrating. Combine that with the terrible text selection, and it is a disaster. I don't even bother trying to copy and paste, I just have to write the number down or try to remember it. Same with addresses. This is 2013. I should be able to click an address and BB Maps pops up to show me. Not that hard.

2) Fix the text selection. This is incredibly frustrating on a phone that is supposed to be for productive people. It never puts the little cursor where I want it, and the text never seems to select properly. I should be able to press on a paragraph twice and the whole thing is highlighed for me to copy. That, or just give me a trackpad back!
    Alexey Prudkov likes this.
    06-16-13 08:13 PM
    Something like Select All in Pictures would be nice, as having to touch every single picture through Select More is sort of ridiculous when you have hundreds of pics to delete! Please!
    ezapper2 likes this.
    06-16-13 11:31 PM
    @pilot_ch: surely having a Q10 with keyboard means u don't need letters down the side, surely one should be able to tap the single letter on the keyboard itself?!

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    06-17-13 03:37 AM
    I'd like to see the screen rotation work when the phone is upside down - if I flip the phone on its side, most apps will rotate properly. If I continue to rotate the phone until it's now upside down, though, I'd expect it to show the vertical version again, properly oriented, but it doesn't. My wife's Ipad figures it out and doesn't care which physical edge is currently down - it displays the orientation upright.

Since rotating to the side switches the bezel gesture for the tile screen to the "side" (now the bottom of the phone when rotated), the OS is clearly flexible about what "down" means, so I'm not sure why this paradigm doesn't continue a full 180 degrees.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I'd love to see that change in an update of the OS.
    06-17-13 04:46 PM
    i feel that blackberry work for some native apps control for regional students and youngster...
    06-18-13 01:53 AM
    Functional CalDAV.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:47 PM
    #1 font choices (I miss BB Japanese Gothic, font smoothing, and bold italic!)
    #2 music EQ in stock music player
    #3 highlight with shift button & scroll down/up or make the highlight ends a little bigger
    #4 alternate list view for music, pictures, files (like OS 7.1 or when looking at apps in BlackBerry World)
    #5 delete messages options (handheld, handheld & mailbox)
    #6 hub shortcuts (like OS 7.1 messages app): u for next unread message
    #7 hub additions: saved messages folder, keyboard support for accounts under hub that associate with letter on keyboard (like pulling up the menu bar on OS7.1 and pressing 'c' to cycle thru copy, cut, close, etc
    #8 calendar quick access option (like Playbook OS 2.1)
    #9 where's BlackBerry Wallet???
    #10 save default location where to save a file: docs to docs folder, pics to pics folder, etc (dislike having to tap a couple of times to save to media card)
    #11 to maximize screen-estate, incorporate PlayBook corner swipe gesture to hide/unhide static menu bar
    #11 browser QWERTY shortcuts for new tab & be able to execute shortcuts with the single press of a key
    #12 add option to add application shortcut via speed dial option (would enable type and go AND have some form of legacy application shortcuts [calculator, browser, memo pad/remember, etc.]
    #13 make more use of home screen settings menu like add a slot where you can add the most frequented setting or one of your choosing
    #14 miss having the ability to pull up an application menu where I can look up app info like version # and file size
    #15 ability to 'hide' apps and show hidden apps on app screen
    #16 add more spreadsheet features to docs to go
    #17 and crossing my fingers that a major PlayBook overhaul is in the works where it will have full integration with the Q10 like file sharing (w/o a computer), full messaging capabilities, remember, calendar and all the other goodies I enjoyed while bridging to an OS 7.1

Please correct me if I overlooked any of these tweeks and they already exist, and believe me the Q10 is an AWESOME device despite some additions I'd like to see incorporated in another update

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using CB Forums mobile app
    06-19-13 03:30 AM
    Holy crap....that's quite the wish list...here's mine:

1. Headless apps.
    2. Speed dial from home screen.
    3. When I end a call, it should disappear, not remain an active tile...the phone app (or function) should be a basic component and totally intuitive.
    4. Customized swipe gestures to close an app with one gesture.

Hmmm..that's all for now...otherwise, loving my Q10
    06-19-13 03:34 AM
    I forgot to mention that I hope someone from BlackBerry is actually reading this thread....it is 22 pages long!

06-19-13 03:36 AM
    I forgot to mention that I hope someone from BlackBerry is actually reading this thread....it is 22 pages long!

I hope so....lol!
    06-19-13 03:38 AM

Probably not. Twitter them or send to their bbm channel C0001F622

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-19-13 06:51 AM
    I'm not buying the punctuation trigger, By far I do prefer the space as a trigger.
    Why? Well that's more in line with the "Keep Moving " thing. ...no need for special action in order to accept/confirm the prediction/substitution, you just keep typing.
    The idea is to let punctuation trigger the prediction/substitution in addition to the space character. This is how auto-text worked in BBOS, and it saves having to backspace to delete unneeded space.

There's a need, however, for the OS to be smart about quotation marks. If I swipe a word in, the OS adds a space. If I then type a quotation mark, the space stays. Maybe the OS doesn't know whether the quotation mark belongs with the previous word or the next word. The only way it could do this would be to track prior quotation marks. Thus, if the last quotation mark typed was preceded by a space and followed by an alphanumeric, the next quotation mark should be preceded by an alphanumeric and followed by a space.

For UK usage, where the quotation mark and apostrophe are the same character (on the BB keyboard, anyway), the AI would have to be different, and trickier.
    06-19-13 08:20 AM
    Landscape mode every where

Posted by Z10
    06-19-13 09:39 AM
    Bringing back the ability to take screen shots of the lock screen would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-13 12:01 PM
1,485 ... 2425262728 ...