- Unlimited account support in the hub
    - Multitouch multi-select in the hub. It takes way too many steps to delete a bunch of emails.
    - Accounts grouping in the Hub, so that people without "Balance" could group work and personal emails per example.
    - Full support for encryption standards such as S/MIME and PGP
    - Proper VPN support for consumers who couldn't give a **** about CISCO hardware, but use services which offer things like OpenVPN and PPTP (which is useful to stream media)
    - Keyboard shortcuts for easy access to unread, flagged, etc. Using search doesn't make sense on a Q10
    - Proper widget support. Active frames are too much of a compromise
    - Custom sizes for active frames, just like Windows Phone tiles
    - Improved camera. 10.1 is OK, but I'm sure they can do better
    - Multi-timer support in the clock, just like on the default clock on Android which is awesome
    - List support in Remember
    - Floating HTML editing toolbar. It's ridiculous to have to go all the way to the top to change style
    - Virtual trackpad, because text editing still sucks. Moving these blue handles in cumbersome on the tiny screen of the Q10. We want to be more productive, remember?
    - No slowdowns or stuttering in transitions
    - Headless apps API. This should have been available at launch...
    - Better battery management
    merli001 and Pete The Penguin like this.
    04-30-13 07:34 AM
    1. HTML5 video has poor synchronization of audio and visuals in the browser! I have categorically tested this out, running the same streams on an Android device, an iOS device, a PC and the Z10. In all except the Z10, (and I have extensively tested this with multiple live streams from multiple subscription services) there is perfect synchronization between audio and visuals. On the Z10, the video lags the audio by upto 3 seconds! This is totally unacceptable for a browser that boasts and promises so much! It totally spoils the fun of watching live games (like cricket matches) from subscription services! This is a pretty shameful problem to have on a modern OS boasting such a fancy browser with "best HTML5 performance"!
    2. Improve Contacts handling and Carddav for cloud based services (authentication and 2 way sync is still problematic for many)
    3. Hub - SMS messages can re-appear after deletion, tighter integration between applications and hub to allow for notifications to be actioned in the hub without the need to go to the application (twitter and FB for example) to also clear/action the notification.
    4. Closing applications from within the app (aka: swipe down to close in N9) without the need to minimize first may improve UI experience. Despite the "Always in" paradigm, the ability to quickly close down applications that are not needed on a regular basis would free up the active frames grid (limited as it is) to ensure other apps aren't dropped off the bottom of the list
    5. Pinch to resize active frames grid (aka: N9) to allow ALL active frames to be viewed on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    merli001 and Joseph K Muscat like this.
    04-30-13 08:05 AM
    Need to be able to send more 6mb files through bbm.... hate the fact I can send them through whatsapp not bbm.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    Pegon_Fighter likes this.
    04-30-13 05:55 PM
    - bring back custom notification profiles
    - allow the user to press and hold the snooze button to change the snooze length on the fly! So far the only way I gave found to change the snooze length is to adjust the default in the settings. For example if I get a reminder saying " John's birthday tomorrow " I want to be able to press and hold the snooze button and select "1 Day" from the drop down list.
    - more ring tones and notifications
    konvajw likes this.
    05-01-13 06:08 AM
    Here's my list:

1. Configurable homescreen shortcuts: long pressing a key would open an app or make a call.

2. Some applications should close when I minimise them (maybe this should be a setting in every app?): search, phone, help, camera, setup. This already happens in one app (voice command), so I'm guessing the functionality exists already in the OS.

3. I don't like how apps open, that animation makes me very angry every time I see it. Why can't applications open more like folders do?

4. Speaking of folders, we need pages inside folders. Or maybe make them a scrollable list?

5. SkyDrive support would be nice as well.

6. Airplane mode in the swipe down menu.

7. PIN/gesture unlock

9. The ability to change the currency on the keyboard.

10. A quicker way to close apps. At the moment it takes 2 actions to close a maximised app. A more efficient way would be to extend the swipe up gesture: swiping all the way to the top would close the app. Maybe when you reach 60% of the screen a delete area appears informing you that you can drop the app there to close it.

11. Make the Work Drives app work without BES, or add that functionality into the file manager app.

12. Ability to deselect apps from the sharing screen.

13. I want to be able to manually sync contacts and calendar entries to the exchange server.

14. Speaking of which, we need to be able to sync everything (remember entries, contacts, emails, calendar appointments) with BlackBerry Protect. This was a very useful feature in BlackBerry OS.

15. I also want to be able to add shortcuts for contacts and email accounts to my homescreen. Maybe media playlists/albums as well.

This is it for now. I'm sure I'll find more.

Posted from my BlackBerry Q10 via CB10
    05-02-13 01:49 PM
    Another one: long-pressing the # key should toggle the notifications mode and long-pressing the * key should lock/unlock the phone.

Oh, and some more shortcuts in the native applications would be nice. For example the maps app, I used to be able to pan, zoom and go to my location without touching the screen.

05-02-13 02:01 PM
    Seeing that we can toggle keyboard by two finger swive, and touching the keyboard while in homescreen does nothing then why not add the keyboard shortcuts here, (no need to press and hold. )

Btw, I believe Bbry will add more features with update for sure

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:51 AM
    Unlock by the eyes and and make the phone faster when opening things don't don't go left than the thing opens just make it open straight away and try making the settings app work faster and try taking good features from other phones and put them on BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:59 AM
    And also have the option to skip the gestures tutorial every time I wipe or upgrade OS

Posted via CB10
    SharonRD and Formspace like this.
    05-03-13 07:32 AM
    And also have the option to skip the gestures tutorial every time I wipe or upgrade OS

Posted via CB10
    Does it happen on upgrade as well?

05-03-13 08:57 AM
    Well, since my recent upgrade are all autoloaders, then it's just like a factory reset

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 10:16 AM
    Sorry if this was mentioned already in this thread:

I would love to see the data upload and download arrows back on the reception strength bars indicating traffic in either direction. This was one of my favorite features of legacy bbos as you could tell if an app was actually refreshing when it said it was, and when an attachment was done sending with an email.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 09:09 PM
    Hello everyone -

So, I gave my Z10 to my brother and I am now rocking the Q10. It feels like smartphone heaven!

That said, there are some (minor but annoying) issues that I have found with Q10, main ones being :

1. Design is not optimized for q10 screen size; icons/banners/spacing is takes more space than necessary and that leaves much less space for actual content/text. For instance, number of emails visible in one screen, number of lines of contacts visible, amount of chat/lines of bbm chat are much less. U can reduce font size as much as u want but that doesn't make design-elements any smaller.

2. [this applies to z10 also] Text selection and text-positioning bubble are inconsistent. Copy paste is kinda lacking in terms of usability. Text manipulation needs to be improved a lot!
    - even in iPhone text selection and positioning bubble work better. The BlackBerry text-bubble doesn't even magnify letters/text so it's hard to figure out where the bubble is going because sometimes the underlying text gets hidden behind your thumb. Anyway, text-manipulation tool (bubble and selection markers) need to be improved a LOT more!
    - if bbry is not going to give us trackpad back, the least they can do is nail this text-manipulation toolset so that we don't yearn for a trackpad! Put your best brains behind this toolset and fix it with software update! Come on, BlackBerry!

I posted my list of annoyances with Q10 here http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=803136. Feel free to add Q10 specific list in that thread!

Hope someone from BlackBerry is looking into it and prioritizing these fixes (design optimization for smaller screen + text manipulation tools)!

Once again, even with these issues, Q10 (to me) is the best smartphone on the planet! The issues I listed are very minor and easily fixed through software updates. Here is hoping that OS/software update comes soon!

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    gabbleratchet likes this.
    05-05-13 11:26 AM
    I would like to see Bridge to be as useful as it used to be (the ability to talk from BB10 to Playbook OS). In addition to that I'd like to see BlackBerry Protect to have the old features as well. So far it failed to restore my text messages and would appreciate more options.
    05-06-13 11:05 AM
    Additional homescreens!
    05-07-13 12:32 PM
    I am waiting to buy a Q10 until the following item is resolved. I will not upgrade my phone or buy another BB until then: Native, full, 2 way synch on the desktop with MS Outlook, just like it used to be, through a USB cable. I am not creating an online cloud account that is not secure enough for my work. This is the biggest deal breaker for me with the new phone and OS.
    05-07-13 03:48 PM
    This is one for the Q10: the "Play on" feature should be available for videos playing in the browser as well so I can see the video on the monitor in full screen. On the Z10 this is not a problem because you can view the video in landscape mode which changes the aspect ratio to 16:9.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-13 02:28 AM
    fix bridge so i can use features my old 9860 had like file transfer and such, i dont need a remote mouse when im trying to type out reports on the train.
    05-10-13 06:17 AM
    Pls fix the selection of text to be easier along with the copy, cut option. I tries numerous times to select and copy and it doesn't copy, very frustrating and it's not the first time.

Posted via CB10
    gabbleratchet likes this.
    05-10-13 05:48 PM
    Remove the words "Blackberry Hub" from the top of the Hub.
    It does absolutely nothing. After ten minutes you know it's the Hub, so why keep telling us? The Windows home screen doesn't have a huge banner across the top saying "Home Screen".
    Removing it would make room for one more item on the Q10 hub, which would actually be useful.

Edit: thanks for the comments below. I hadn't thought through how its function would be replaced. Ich bin ganz dumm...
    Last edited by kupfernigk; 05-16-13 at 10:21 AM. Reason: other user comments
    Pete The Penguin and Fnen90 like this.
    05-13-13 03:00 AM
    Need to be able to send more 6mb files through bbm.... hate the fact I can send them through whatsapp not bbm.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    If you are sending > 6MB files through a messaging system, you are doing it wrong. You should be doing it via Dropbox or an equivalent. Polite, well mannered people using messaging systems send links except for very small attachments. Someone is paying for all the bandwidth you are using.
    Whatsapp is an example of a crappy application that breaks a whole lot of sensible design rules but is popular because it does things that it really should not do.
    05-13-13 03:03 AM
    I used to like to put a BBM contact on the home screen (wifey). This would have been a good feature to bring back. Right now u have to open BBM and look for a particular contact.

Posted via my Zormtrooper...
    05-13-13 08:02 AM
    Remove the words "Blackberry Hub" from the top of the Hub.
    It does absolutely nothing. After ten minutes you know it's the Hub, so why keep telling us? The Windows home screen doesn't have a huge banner across the top saying "Home Screen".
    Removing it would make room for one more item on the Q10 hub, which would actually be useful.
    That bar is there for a reason. It expands into a tree view so you can navigate to a specific mail folder. They could however hide it when you start scrolling. It should only be visible when you are at the top of the list.

05-13-13 08:17 AM
    That bar is there for a reason. It expands into a tree view so you can navigate to a specific mail folder. They could however hide it when you start scrolling. It should only be visible when you are at the top of the list.

It's there for a very good reason indeed. I use email all day everyday on this device and I constantly keep my emails organised and if I have to scroll down the list of my emails then I still want access to said bar. So I for one would be disappointed to have to scroll to the top.

An option to toggle that perhaps but use current setting as default could be a fair trade off but this would be to make a 100% clean OS and TBH IMO there are far more important "fixes/changes" to be made to the OS.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10
    05-13-13 05:06 PM
    Being a heavy texter I would love to have check boxes beside individual texts I'd like to delete. (Like in the pic I posted, sorry for the blurriness) I find if you have a long thread going, the way you have to delete individual texts now to be very time consuming.

It would be nice to be able to 'Select All', and then uncheck the individual texts you don't want deleted in a thread. Very efficient. This option was available on my older Samsung G Ace, and it was one of the few things I really liked about it.

What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-samsung-sms-select.jpg
    05-13-13 10:39 PM
1,485 ... 2021222324 ...