04-28-17 01:44 AM
1,485 ... 1415161718 ...
tools
    I did have a quick flick through the threads and did not see this mentioned.

I would like my Z10 to be able to switch itself on and activate the alarm clock. This was a feature I enjoyed when I was working at home at night and did not really want to be disturbed until the morning. It was nice to have on the Torch 9800 and surely it would be better technologically than having the handset on 24 hours a day?
    03-28-13 05:08 AM
    I apologize if someone has already mentioned this I honestly haven't gone through it all. They really need to fix, and I mean ASAP the ability to sort your contacts into groups. As it stands now I had 12 Groups of people which took years to create and whats my option now? All and Favorite isnt going to cut it. This is supposed to be a business phone! I own three businesses and am part of multiple social groups. How am I supposed to send certain groups a message without finding each person in an ocean of names. If this is not fixed soon I am either going back to my torch or biting the bullet and going to an I phone which would be a shame Ive been a BB guy from the beginning. But COME ON HOW COULD YOU MISS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mikeycollins13 likes this.
    03-28-13 08:54 AM
    Love this BlackBerry Z10, but it needs

Multiple Alarms!
    Notepad
    Battery percentage display and improved battery life
    Choice of fonts and colors in the hub to distinguish accounts would be nice too.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-13 09:11 AM
    I would love to see:

1) Hub notifications in Bedside Mode or at least able to peak.
    2) Dial contacts from the phone keypad
    3) Automatic switch back to main hub after certain amount of time.
    03-28-13 09:49 PM
    As I use blue tooth often to play music, I would like to see the ability to control device volume while connected to blue tooth. Also there seems to be a glitch that sometimes lower the volume to the lowest value (not muted) when connecting to a bluetooth audio device. Coupled with the inability to change the volume while connected to bluetooth cause me to disconnect the device, change the volume and reconnect to the device to get the sound to play.

The ability for notifications and turn my turn directions to interrupt currently playing audio (music or books) needs to be improved also.
    03-29-13 01:21 AM
    I would like to be able to edit my contacts and delete things like text home number or work number. Too many points on that contact page.
    I would like to see a hub page that I can edit and place each item in a row and size that fits my need.
    As well I would like to make my hub page a little more attractive to look at, such as screen saver options for it.
    I forgot, I would to be able to shut off "Voice Control". Many times I go to pick up the phone from my desk or car , or its in my pocket and that side button gets pushed and off she goes asking me a question.
    SIMPLE STUFF
    03-29-13 09:21 AM
    it would be nice if software update is managed by RIM/BBRY either centralized or distributed across their own regional server/noc whatever they called it..my carrier here in Malaysia don't really care about this kind of stuff..it took months for them to release OS7.1 after initial release from RIM..whenever i called to inquire, always same answer.."we don't have it yet..we will let you know once we have it"..my question is how come other carrier around the world already pushed it in?..does it mean every carrier have a different custom updates?..is it really carrier specific update?..hmm
    03-29-13 11:49 AM
    Posted this elsewhere, but here goes:

1) Phone app:
    - Instead of seeing the call list as default, allow users to go straight to dialpad when invoking the phone app from the homescreen... Current arrangement isn't "quick dial" friendly at all.
    - Could make the dialpad a little smaller as well and include 4 or more small buttons on that screen for programmable quick dial
    - make it easier to answer/reject calls. Yeah, the swipe up/down feature is cool and all, but it's a PITA, quite frankly. A quick tap on "ANSWER" or "REJECT" would be a nice alternative option to the swipe feature.

2) BBM/TXT view:
    - PLEASE add "line mode" for BBM/TXT conversation view instead of the "bubble mode" for BBM/TXT conversations. The "bubble view" takes up too much space

3) Notifications:
    - allow users to select different colour LED
    - tweak the OS to recognize frequently used folder where ringtones are kept instead of having to browse all over to get to the same folder. I keep ringtones in a separate folder and if I wish to quickly change ringtones, it drives me nuts having to browse through to the ringtone folder over and over...

4) Status bar improvements
    - PLEASE add battery % in there somewhere... and calendar long date (Wednesday, March 27, 2013). Add a second line of info if needed.

5) Homescreen button customization: (phone, search, camera)
    - PLEASE add ability to customize default apps on homescreen. I don't use search often, if at all, so having something else in there would be great and more advantageous for ppl.

6) Auto ON/OFF!

7) ADD Airplane mode in drop-down settings (along with bluetooth and wifi toggle)

8) Browser Bookmark management
    - any way to create category folders and have list view of bookmarks?

9) Voicemail notification
    - add voicemail sound notification option that differs from "messages" or "text" sound notification.

10) PIN active frames
    - any way to add option to "pin" active frames in place?

11) Orientation lock
    - possible to fix orientation lock to permanently keep the feature on? As it is, whenever a user shuts off the phone, must once again re-enable orientation lock upon reboot.

Oh! ... and for goodness sake, PLEASE add some input languages (more Cyrillic/East Euro options: Ukrainian, Serbian, Baltic) and better UNICODE character recognition. I'm getting fed up seeing little boxes in messages (email, online, txt, BBM, etc)
    Last edited by kolok; 04-01-13 at 11:31 AM.
    03-29-13 12:50 PM
    These are all great ideas but pointless if nobody with the power to implement them doesn't see them

Make sure you email /tweet this thread! Make your voice heard.

@ blackberrydev
    @blackberryblog
    @michaelchewly
    @vik_1on1
    @alexkinsella
    @asaunders
    @blackberry

The more of you that show them this thread the faster you will see development of these ideas in new OS releases.
    CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Last edited by R Field; 03-31-13 at 12:53 PM.
    xiaohuaxing and ezapper2 like this.
    03-29-13 11:31 PM
    My list, trying to avoid repeats already mentioned, is focused on the little things that have slowed my life down relative to an 8700

Wish I could still:
    -Assign the speed dials to #s, it is quicker.
    -Reorder the speed dial
    -Delete an email in the hub view, with only a single stroke, not finger gymnastics
    -Delete an email in the single email view with only a single action, not a double tap

I'd also like to fix the phone, back to a single view that had contacts, call log, and key pad vs. having to toggle between views and always having it be wrong. Should be able to start dialing without having to think about it.

Pattern unlock or just the option for a bigger buttoned unlock screen (like the phone dialer) would be welcome, my fingers are too fat to reliably enter the password, especially one handed.

Also, it's kind of dumb how in hub, you push and hold an email to get the popup menu (reply , fwd, .... delete) and that menu popsup under my thumb so I can't see anything (right handed).
    03-30-13 10:03 PM
    I like my Z10 and I regard this as one of the best phone I have ever used however there is a scope for improvement in the following areas and need BBRy quick attention..

Browser:
    Text doesn't automatically reflow when you zoom which can lead to a lot of sideways scrolling.
    Private mode toogle switch in the overflow menu
    Option to hide the address bar
    Fix the webview in apps, allow to open web content within the app and not open a broswer.

Email/Hub
    Text doesn't automatically reflow when you zoom which can lead to a lot of sideways scrolling
    Reset the hub after certain time (meaning go to the home page on the Hub)
    Allow multi select option for delete operation etc. Swipe email from right to left to 3/4th distance to delete an item, multi-select should pop options such as delete, archive to local FS etc.
    Swipe to go to the next item in the email or provide an option to go next.
    Reduce the font sizes or provide an option to customize font settings in the hub only since I find they are too big for my tastes.
    Additional gestures on the mail items like mailbox app on IOS or gmail gestures on Android.

Status Bar:
    Actionable widgets or toggle switches in the pulldown status bar and not take to settings menu each time we hit toggle something like Wifi, bluetooth etc. Something similar to Jellybean in Android
    Battery status
    Would like to see additional options like GPS, screen brightness, airplane mode etc

Phone
    Default to dial pad or provide an option

Homescreen:

Vertical mutli-tasking overflow view is useless and instead have an overflow view horizontally. (Kevin's theory is 100% right on this one)
    Fix the folder icon to make it look better
    option to sort the app alphabetically, date, or user choice
    Fix the Browser, texting, remember icons since they are ugly and spoiling the overall look of the app grid

Lock screen options:
    Have some sort of customizatoin
    03-30-13 11:33 PM
    I'm sure these have already been said, but I want to add my voice to this.

I've had my Z10 for 3 days and only a couple things bother me:
    • The ability to assign different notifications to different email accounts (really bothering me)
    • Native ability to customize LED colors
    • Landscape mode for everything native!
    • Ability to change the size of the app icons (I don't need gigantic icons and I'd like to be able to have more than 16 icons on one page)
    • Ability to create alarms in the calendar
    • Device analyzer would be nice to have back

I hope someone from Blackberry is keeping an eye on this! I love this community!
    Last edited by Psykotic.Engineer; 03-31-13 at 02:58 AM.
    03-30-13 11:35 PM
    1. Custom sound/LED profiles

2. Get rid of the DAMN SHUTTER CLICK.

You only own 5% of the market, so 95% of other smartphones out there allow this, what idiott (why is this a censored word on CB?) point are you trying to make or what imaginary law are you following by not allowing it? Yet you allow paid apps in the App World that disable it? I just can't fathom why you would stick to this moronic policy when you can leave something like that up to the BES administrators if it's for security purposes. Currently I have my camera set permanently to Burst mode because that click is at least much less annoying.

3. Maps app needs lots of work. Satellite view is sometimes needed to help identify which building I'm looking for, I have to open the browser and Google Map it

Edit: I just realized that even taking a screenshot makes that abominable shutter sound out loud, even though I had music playing with headphones on. Found this out while at the library. Good going BB, you are really saving the world with your privacy initiatives here, heaven forbid I should take a screenshot without people giving me dirty looks.
    Last edited by xiaohuaxing; 03-31-13 at 05:39 PM.
    03-31-13 01:42 PM
    Coming to this thread late, so not sure how many of these are repeats:

• The capacity to transfer ALL "saved email messages" from other, older bb devices.
    • The return of the "Reply To" function for Email Account Settings (as in, people receiving an email from you will see the email coming from an email address different than the originating email account). Especially indispensible for those of us who have work aliases and conduct business on our smartphones!
    • Convenience key settings for Mute/Volume Up and Down buttons.
    • The ability to select multiple messages quicker/easier in the hub to be deleted/moved. It's rather comical to have moved from 7.1 where, heck, one could select/scroll through dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of messages in about the same time it takes to select 5 on the Z10. Fail.
    • The ability to copy phone #'s/emails from Contacts without going into Edit a contact!
    • Word Substitution extended to Browser
    • In some apps the "@" is accessible in main keyboard, while in others (e.g. browser) it is accessible in #'s (i.e. secondary) keyboard, making for additional steps in inputing email addresses. Would be better if it was automatically on main keyboard for where inputing email addresses is required.
    • Please return the Calendar and Contacts links to the Calling screen. Please also show the phone # of the person you are calling on the Calling screen.
    • The Music App should show Songs in Library.
    • Search in the Music App should be more immediately accessible -- please add the magnifying glass to the home screen of the Music App.
    • Please also return the ability to see hidden folders. Example: it would be ideal to make sure folders etc are deleted when deleting an app.
    • Make all and not just some phone #'s in Browser etc linkable.
    • In replying to emails, please make it possible to copy email addresses carried over into the To field.
    • A native multi-clipboard would be awesome as all I see currently available are apps where multiple clips are stored in another app steps away rather than immediately accessible where one is at (email, browser, etc).
    • Ability to see battery percentage natively on home screen.
    • Ability to see date on home screen at any given time, rather than only when phone is locked.
    • More smoothness in moving around app icons on home screen -- its all too easy when moving them to the edges of the screen to either inadvertently bump them to the next screen or into creating a folder with another app.
    • Would be great to have Application Management back in Settings as with older OS -- memory, CPU usage, deletion, etc.
    • In the Calendar application, the ability to create an alarm or task rather than only event. Or if not, then at least make it feasible to apply a time other than only 5-minute increments.
    • Data/network connectivity also accessible directly from the Home screen (though swipe down, where Wifi is also found).
    • The Calendar accessible from the Hub.
    • Ability to manage what apps will show up results for Search.
    03-31-13 06:09 PM
    I have a running list.. will turn into an article. It's probably 100 + right now. Lots of little things. A few big ones too like fixing Bedside mode (need Phone Calls Only option and auto turn on with plugin). MANY are on the roadmap already - during our Z10 review process I gave a TON of feedback right back to BlackBerry directly. And odds are good they'll see a thread like this too.

It's clear that they locked things down to make sure they were ready for launch, but that a lot of the stuff pointed out was already slotted to be tweaked up soon. I'm thinking we'll see a maintenance release fairly quick (bug fixes), then a bigger OS update in a few months with more new features.

Definitely keep all the feedback coming and ideas too. Really want to follow this thread to see how everybody's thoughts line up with mine. One thing I've noticed talking to Z10 owners is that everybody seems to have one or two things they really value that are different from other people.

Great thread!
    If you go to the alarm (swipe down from top, go to alarm), swipe down from top, clock settings, you can turn on "phone calls in bedside mode".
    03-31-13 06:15 PM
    I would like to see:
    The ability to turn off notifications if you have bbm open and are reading as they come in, I do not need an alert, I am watching it!
    The ability for the holster alert options once again. Vibrate when in holster, alert when out, etc...
    The ability to turn on/of alerts for bbm groups.
    Battery Percentage on the screen.
    (This may be user error, but even when I have alerts off for the facebook app in the hub, I still get alerts, same for twitter, etc...)
    03-31-13 06:20 PM
    • Ability to add, even if only a few core, apps to lock screen other than camera (and media player (when it is playing) which is pretty cool). It would be very convenient to be able to access the voice recorder for example -- things one needs to access immediately, such as while driving.
    03-31-13 07:33 PM
    My list, trying to avoid repeats already mentioned, is focused on the little things that have slowed my life down relative to an 8700

Wish I could still:
    -Assign the speed dials to #s, it is quicker.
    -Reorder the speed dial
    -Delete an email in the hub view, with only a single stroke, not finger gymnastics
    -Delete an email in the single email view with only a single action, not a double tap

I'd also like to fix the phone, back to a single view that had contacts, call log, and key pad vs. having to toggle between views and always having it be wrong. Should be able to start dialing without having to think about it.

Pattern unlock or just the option for a bigger buttoned unlock screen (like the phone dialer) would be welcome, my fingers are too fat to reliably enter the password, especially one handed.

Also, it's kind of dumb how in hub, you push and hold an email to get the popup menu (reply , fwd, .... delete) and that menu popsup under my thumb so I can't see anything (right handed).
    To asign speed dial, open phone app and up the top you will see some large squares that say "add number" click on this, these are your speed dials and I have even added pictures ro them. Looks good, hope this helps
    Wayne
    03-31-13 07:50 PM
    Music app to show only music in my library, not ringtones as well. I have moved my ring tones to a separate "ring tone" folder but still they show up in my library, what a pain in the ***!
    03-31-13 07:53 PM
    Coming to this thread late, so not sure how many of these are repeats:

• The capacity to transfer ALL "saved email messages" from other, older bb devices.
    • The return of the "Reply To" function for Email Account Settings (as in, people receiving an email from you will see the email coming from an email address different than the originating email account). Especially indispensible for those of us who have work aliases and conduct business on our smartphones!
    • Convenience key settings for Mute/Volume Up and Down buttons.
    • The ability to select multiple messages quicker/easier in the hub to be deleted/moved. It's rather comical to have moved from 7.1 where, heck, one could select/scroll through dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of messages in about the same time it takes to select 5 on the Z10. Fail.
    • The ability to copy phone #'s/emails from Contacts without going into Edit a contact!
    • Word Substitution extended to Browser
    • In some apps the "@" is accessible in main keyboard, while in others (e.g. browser) it is accessible in #'s (i.e. secondary) keyboard, making for additional steps in inputing email addresses. Would be better if it was automatically on main keyboard for where inputing email addresses is required.
    • Please return the Calendar and Contacts links to the Calling screen. Please also show the phone # of the person you are calling on the Calling screen.
    • The Music App should show Songs in Library.
    • Search in the Music App should be more immediately accessible -- please add the magnifying glass to the home screen of the Music App.
    • Please also return the ability to see hidden folders. Example: it would be ideal to make sure folders etc are deleted when deleting an app.
    • Make all and not just some phone #'s in Browser etc linkable.
    • In replying to emails, please make it possible to copy email addresses carried over into the To field.
    • A native multi-clipboard would be awesome as all I see currently available are apps where multiple clips are stored in another app steps away rather than immediately accessible where one is at (email, browser, etc).
    • Ability to see battery percentage natively on home screen.
    • Ability to see date on home screen at any given time, rather than only when phone is locked.
    • More smoothness in moving around app icons on home screen -- its all too easy when moving them to the edges of the screen to either inadvertently bump them to the next screen or into creating a folder with another app.
    • Would be great to have Application Management back in Settings as with older OS -- memory, CPU usage, deletion, etc.
    • In the Calendar application, the ability to create an alarm or task rather than only event. Or if not, then at least make it feasible to apply a time other than only 5-minute increments.
    • Data/network connectivity also accessible directly from the Home screen (though swipe down, where Wifi is also found).
    • The Calendar accessible from the Hub.
    • Ability to manage what apps will show up results for Search.
    To select multiple emails for deleting, click on the menu (3 dots at bottom right of screen) and click "select more", then just tap on messages you want to delete and it will highlight them, then click "delete "
    03-31-13 07:58 PM
    i just browsed through all 16 pages real quick just to see what idea's people were coming up with.me personally,i'm pretty happy the way everything works now,but there's always room for improvement.the one thing i would like to see is the addition on panorama view to the camera,i would use that more than the time shift feature.
    03-31-13 08:49 PM
    Some of these have been covered, but Ill bring em up again...
    1)lack of landscape mode/view in most apps and screens.
    2)next line of text option on keyboard, especially fb chat.
    3)lack of EQ, Boost, headphone/handset speaker option for music player, we need more options. I've had $100 mp3 players with these options.
    4)lock screen options for pictures, displayed info, pattern unlock code, etc
    5)weather app(s) that can run in background, showing basic temp on top of app icon, without having to have an active frame open.
    6)locked clock style options. Why so basic?
    7)panoramic mode/shots for camera
    8)posting phone numbers into dial screen
    9) date, time, and other info/option for top info bar please!
    03-31-13 11:52 PM
    Ozfork, thanks, but I was referring to the fact that it takes much longer to delete the amount of messages in Z10 than it did with, e.g., 9810. With 9810 one could tap with two fingers any amount of emails on a screen on where and between the two fingers touch and, then, scroll down as fast as you can imagine with all of the messages selected where your finger stops. "Delete." All of them gone. I'd guess the select-to-delete ratio between the 9810 and Z10 is very roughly about 20-3, with that ratio widening over time.
    04-01-13 12:54 AM
    Im gonna be honest here and say that i didn't read every single post, but what bugs me the most (hard to explain but bare with me) is the fact that when you swipe up to "peak" at the notification icons, the minimizing of the current frame is smooth and follows your finger, but as soon as you swipe to the right (but not all the way) to peak at the hub, there is that ever so slight delay/lag in sliding over that frame.I'm just not sure if that can be fixed with a software update...
    04-01-13 02:15 AM
    1) Increase speaker volume on Z10!!
    2) Multi-line word substitution
    3) Remember integration with the Calendar
    04-01-13 11:14 AM
1,485 ... 1415161718 ...