04-28-17 01:44 AM
1,485 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    I'd like "Settings" to be fully native, not Adobe Air.

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    03-22-13 07:10 PM
    I'd like "Settings" to be fully native, not Adobe Air.

Posted via CB10
    SO true. The settings are by far the most underwhelming part of this phone. Not the function, just the "not a f**k was given" attitude towards the layout and look of the settings.
    03-22-13 07:29 PM
    How about when you exit the hub it goes back to the overall hub. So when you go back its not in the sms menu or Facebook mine but the overall hub view
    03-22-13 07:48 PM
    In the mail app, need option to "leave on server" please
    03-23-13 03:24 AM
    Bridge app fixed asap please!!!
    03-23-13 03:45 AM
    1- Yes Default back to the Main hub would be more than just a nice to have. Most of the time you can't peek to the new notifications just because you left the hub from an open mail.
    Instant return to the main hub may also be annoying in the even you want to check somethings elsewhere.. let's say when working on an email for exemple.

What I may suggest then it is to always show the top of the main hub (showing new messages) first, then progressively returning to you open message during the swipe to right of that peek move...
    In other words, let say that any left opened message fade back on during the last 50-75% of the swipe to the right.
    This way we will always have a preview of new messages and didn't break the "Keep moving Thing" if you are still working on a message.

2- Give user a choice for direct phone call from the main hub (as of now) OR accessing the call Log prior, then option for direct call. Presently Phone Calls are the only items in the hub that did not show the information first. Even the Notifications have one. ..Not consistent here.
    3- Call log in the hub are the only items that remains in color. Should turn to gray when review.

4- When receiving a meeting request, there is no way to jump directly into the calendar to review our agenda.
    When going directly to the calendar apps, the tentative meeting request did not show up. So you need to figure it out by your own.

5- We can file any received emails in account sub-folder ..but not possible for the sent ones.

6- Add possibility to one way sync the Hub Log to outlook journal (when using ActiveSync with exchange server). Synching all others Outlook items are already possible in the account settings.
    This will be really useful for business time tracking.

7- New contact creation is not very user friendly. Many fields are no there by default and requires to be add manually from the Add item ( ex Notes, Company Web site.. )

8- Missing Category field in contact, calendar, task items.
    Filtering using Category fields become a must have while having more then 2000 contacts (personal, clients, suppliers...)

9- Need to improve Evernote integration. It did not yet support special items (check box..)

10- Still can't sync Outlook Notes when using ActiveSync.

11- Turning On or Off the Notification is quite confusing. In fact we must take care of the icon color..not the icon representation that let us believe it has been mute.
    It will be better and more convenient if clicking on the icon make it cycling thru all possible notifications mode (with appropriate icon).

12- Customizable Bottom bezel Launch Bar (with more then 3 shortcut possible)

13- Combine features of previous Blackberry Desktop Manager (synch with Outlook) within Blackberry Link

14- Personally I would like to see the battery level in %, but not mandatory permanent on the top bar.
    What I would suggest, instead is to use the unused space when "Peeking". Add the battery % level, Add the current Date X carrier info, ... Below the Top bar.
    This way we will be able to "Peek" to your notifications (Left side bar), and to your current phone status ( top bar) without compromising any of the available screen space for applications
    ...from every where in your phone with a single swipe
    - from main active frame screen
    - from any of your Apps pages
    - from any running app (web browsing, photos, video, game, ...)

..That's it for now
    Thank BlackBerry to improve this awesome OS.

2012/04/10 Revised item 1 suggestion, add item 14

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DStLouis; 04-10-13 at 11:53 PM.
    Brandon Orr and Alex_Hong like this.
    03-23-13 04:29 AM
    Just got mine yesterday, and I do really love it....but yeah already missing some things from BBOS.

Custom fonts?
    More ringtones?
    Saving pictures to various places is a pain already
    I need an email icon
    Take a ss of lock screen. I heard they took this away? Why?
    Different colors for different email accounts in hub - or something
    delete from server/handheld option

I'm sure there are more things I will find...
    03-23-13 09:04 AM
    Few things I would like
    1. Rss feeds in the hub or something like that
    2. Multiple alarms
    3. Contact alerts for messages (ie text BBM etc) and to be able to let the notifier sound ring 2 or 3 times
    4. Music app: Ok I listen to a lot of music on my phone using the music app and streaming on Pandora, things I would like to see in the music app
    A. When playing a song on shuffle I would like to click the artist or album and go into those like you could on bbos
    B. When playing a song have the ability to choose which song to play first in a shuffle (ie if you search for one song instead of just playing the album have the option to play all the songs in a shuffle
    5. When in bedside mode have the clock options if you swipe down
    6. When downloading anything from the browser have the option to save where you want to

That's all I have right now as I have only had my phone for 24 hrs

Posted via CB10
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    03-23-13 01:04 PM
    1) Swiping up the main app screen also allows displaying of DATE along with notifications.

2) Display battery percentage beside the battery icon found at the top right corner of the main screen.

3) Allowing customization of applications to be pinned onto the launcher dock instead of the default search, call and camera.

4) Fully utilise the whole screen with more shortcut keys (settings, notifications, wifi, rotation...)+ (Data consumption, NFC, Device memory, Bedside mode, etc) when pulling down from the top screen.

5) Reset hub to default after a period of time (allow for time selection customizing)

6) Fix contact last name when blank without pulling facebook, twitter last name onto it. Fix duplicate phone number sync from facebook with the entered contact number.

7) Implement RSS social feed like the legacy BBOS.

8) Allowing selection of data, contact, etc to be backup or restored using BB protect and/or BB link.

9) Allowing the customization of the apps border (Removed, Colour, Shadow? or Default)

10) Ability to hide files, folders and allows creating file without having to drag app onto another app.

11) Reorganise music folder like the legacy BBOS.
    *We don't mind going backward for certain thing cause we miss it

12) Implement application centre to monitor applications memory, space usage.

13) Email should be extended to unlimited number of days.

14) Extend the number of active frames to 16, warns user when the active frames are full and the first active frame will be terminated.

15) Implement search functionality in "Remember" instead of only universal search.

16) Perfect the incomplete half baked Facebook for BB10, it should be on par with other smartphones platform.
    Last edited by g2gcya; 03-23-13 at 03:02 PM.
    Javid Gozalov and Alex_Hong like this.
    03-23-13 02:21 PM
    Im sure its been mentioned more than once but I vote for "phone calls only" mode for bedside. I dont want to be annoyed with txt, email bbm etc, but if theres an emergency where someone needs to get me theyre most likely going to call.
    03-24-13 07:14 PM
    Im sure its been mentioned more than once but I vote for "phone calls only" mode for bedside. I dont want to be annoyed with txt, email bbm etc, but if theres an emergency where someone needs to get me theyre most likely going to call.
    Well then you are in luck... it's already there!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 07:33 PM
    I'm holding on till BB10 gives me at least what my 9930 running BB7 gives me. Why would I want to run something less capable?
    03-24-13 09:02 PM
    Copy and paste into the phone app

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 10:31 PM
    Simple alpha numeric keypad to unlock the phone. Not some lame qwerty pad.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 10:32 PM
    Simple alpha numeric keypad to unlock the phone. Not some lame qwerty pad.

Posted via CB10
    love this idea.
    03-25-13 12:19 AM
    This already exists in latest update. Do a manual check on OS from settings

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    03-25-13 12:34 AM
    When an incoming call appears on the screen, have to option to swipe left/right (in addition to up or down to accept or deny the call), and bring a list of pre-made text messages that the user can make to send to the person that's calling.

For example, I got a call while I was in a meeting. Instead of just swiping down and ignoring the call, why not have the option to swipe left/right and send them a text message letting them know you're busy; in a meeting; on the other line; driving; or whatever the user wants to put.

What Tweaks do you Want to see in BB10 updates?-incoming-call-2.jpg
    03-25-13 01:22 AM
    I love drop attacks!

03-25-13 02:30 AM
    More option in Notification, like the choice to choose how many vibrates per BBM and colored BBM messages.

Can you push Facebook and YouTube and Twitter to develop their own native app so we get the full experience.

Trying to think if more things but can't because the rest of this phone is so good!

Posted via CB10
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    03-25-13 02:37 AM
    Battery Percentage and dbm as show able on the status bar at the top.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    03-25-13 03:54 PM
    This thread has been going great with a lot of things that people have mentioned already that I would like.

Not sure if these has been mentioned but would like to add on.
    - Bezels at the side for fast app switching, like on PlayBook.
    - make better use of the quick settings menu, i don't think there is a need to explain the icons. It takes up too much space, which can be used to include more settings, including one to turn the display off.
    - Swipe up and right is for Hub, could there be one for swipe up and left? Perhaps immediately exiting an app instead of minimising it?
    - When you use universal search, the search term is at the top, perhaps this can be tweak to be more like the browser and placed at the bottom instead of the top. Same goes for in certain areas in the OS where the "cancel" and "save menu is at the top", since the swipe back gesture doesn't work in these scenario. Is there a need to have an active frame when the search icon is always at the bottom?
    - is there a need for an active frame and app icon for camera and phone since its always at the bottom bezel too? Unless BlackBerry is thinking of making the bottom bar customisable?
    - Unlike some, i think there isn't a need for SMS icon either, since it can be filtered in the Hub to only show SMS only. The icon only leads back to the hub anyway.
    - Settings app can be more fluid to be honest.

Bugs:
    - When marking facebook notification as read, it doesn't stay read and will pop back as unread after some time. You have to go into the notification to make it stick.
    - when receiving an sms from my carrier, it used to say the name of my carrier. Now it shows my friend instead.
    03-26-13 06:29 PM
    When an incoming call appears on the screen, have to option to swipe left/right (in addition to up or down to accept or deny the call), and bring a list of pre-made text messages that the user can make to send to the person that's calling.

For example, I got a call while I was in a meeting. Instead of just swiping down and ignoring the call, why not have the option to swipe left/right and send them a text message letting them know you're busy; in a meeting; on the other line; driving; or whatever the user wants to put.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incoming call 2.jpg 
Views:	697 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	143730

I created a thread... http://forums.crackberry.com/general...7/#post8188346
    03-26-13 10:07 PM
    All of the previous suggestions are great! In reference to today's blog, I think you should be able to set the number of active frames between 16, 12, 8, 4, and 0 (to disable AF altogether)
    03-26-13 11:01 PM
    I'd like to be able to update my BBM status directly from the Hub as one can do with Facebook, i.e., Facebook as an update status icon at the bottom of the screen when in the hub whereas BBM doesn't.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    03-27-13 04:40 PM
    Lock Screen Music Controls
    Pin Code lockscreen
    Ability to interact with lockscreen notifications (Swipe up while holding the email icon will take you to that email notification)
    Fixing BB App world... sorting reviews, better categorizing of apps, ability to see an app you have already installed while scrolling through any category
    Make Gestures more universal... for instance in the web browser i should be able to swipe to open my tabs... or maybe double swipe to open my tabs and single swipe to go back to the previous page
    Fix facebook my god...
    Fix youtube my god..
    Add airplane mode to settings drop down
    steven4u2nv likes this.
    03-28-13 02:35 AM
1,485 ... 1314151617 ...